Great Camera's but lots of room for improvement??

1. john.fernandezIT
    Eclair May 16, 2019

john.fernandezIT , May 16, 2019 :
    OP7 Plus has some great cameras in comparison to the 6T, no doubt. Many on-line reviews on YouTube concur but do indicate should should be room for improvement via Software updates. How, when and what would actually be available? Is it even realistic to expect any significant improvements/features until the next round of gear from OP???

Broteen Bhowal likes this.
  2. J1542606030006
    Gingerbread May 16, 2019

J1542606030006 , May 16, 2019 :
    I am optimistic that OnePlus will update the camera software on the 7 Pro over time and it will gradually get better.

However, my observation so far from all the camera comparison videos leads me to believe that the 7 Pro's camera is not all that much improved over the 6T. It is quite underwhelming to me.

Of course, the phone is just released now so it will only get better with time.

Broteen Bhowal likes this.
  3. john.fernandezIT
    Eclair May 16, 2019

john.fernandezIT , May 16, 2019 :
    That would be great if OnePlus stays engaged in improving the OP7PRO over time. My previous phone from Essential Phone released with a totally crappy camera and they never introduced nor committed to keep improving it. Worse phone camera ever!!

4. prfraczek
    Honeycomb May 16, 2019

prfraczek , May 16, 2019 :
    You're very optimistic. I was very optimistic about my camera while buying 1+5 and 1+6. Not any more :)

Batfink32 likes this.
  5. Mr West
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 16, 2019

Mr West , May 16, 2019 :
    The optics being used are excellent (as demonstrated by the Xiaomi Mi9 which uses the same main sensor), so I've every faith OnePlus can improve over time.

As it is though, images are soft and have spotty focus across the image. I'm certainly hoping the software build which was released for the DXO Mark test (which I always take with a pinch of salt anyway) is released into the wild soon.

In the grand scheme of things, the images certainly aren't bad - but we live in this world where comparisons against competitors are inevitable and can often muddle our own opinions.

As soon as the new build is released for my handset I'll link some examples!

6. PhotoLarry
    Eclair May 16, 2019

PhotoLarry , May 16, 2019 :
    I've not seen how to get anything other than 12mpx... which isn't what's advertised. what happened to 16 and 48 when using rear camera? maybe I'm being dumb but I see no options that are evident in the camera app at all.