Green Screen, Black Crush and Image Retention

?

Did/does your device suffer from Green Screen, Black Crush and/or Image Retention?

1. Yes

83.0%
  2. No

17.0%
  1. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

Max_Fremps , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 2, 2020 :
    I think if there are so many people with these problems they must replace or repair, plus is display issue so with a display tester you can give an objective results with log,screen and video

2. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

Max_Fremps , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 2, 2020 :
    well Samsung cost 1400 and have same problem and they fixed after 2 months
    some iPhone have burn in in few months
    stop blame it only for the price, because apple,Samsung and Google too aren't perfect
    remember iPhone 6 bendgate? remember the note 7 so explosive?

3. Zak2298
    Froyo May 2, 2020

Zak2298 , via OnePlus 6 , May 2, 2020 :
    Really?! Bendgate
    too much fanboy to try and have a serious discussion, you can't understand that Samsung's problem is not the same

4. Martinsfail
    Froyo May 2, 2020

Martinsfail , May 2, 2020 :
    10.5.6 changed nothing.

Sometime my Statusbar will change red.

Should I exchange the device now until I'm lucky?

5. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread May 2, 2020

Max_Fremps , May 2, 2020 :

Fanboy? did you see my phone history? this is my second oneplus, and i had all galaxy from samsung, i have no problem, i had problem with samsung at day one, i contact them and they repair my galaxy, no problem, is a service of warranty

6. Waka_Yama
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 2, 2020

Waka_Yama , May 2, 2020 :
    You want a perfect product - well go ahead an get replacement after replacement--- up to the point OP will tell you, that they offer you an refund because they cant give you what you want or expect. Or the OnePro8T is there and you are still trying to get the perfect unit. Small side story:
    up to a point they will send you a pre-inspected device. They concider this device as "perfect". If you don't like that device, you can get an refund.
    That's not to defend OnePlus - it's acceptance that this is business at the moment. Want to change it? Don't buy the product or try make it as "expensive" as possible for one plus via replacements.

Many people? Many people don't even know what we are talking about and are actually using there phones happy ever after :) we in this forums are the "cracks", compareing different backgrounds and greyscales in dark rooms ;) Beeing one of them, too - but dont expect us to be "many".
    And even with an display tester you will have variations through the units. Fun fact: You even would have to live with one or two defect subpixels... It is up to them to decide.

7. Zak2298
    Froyo May 3, 2020

Zak2298 , May 3, 2020 :
    These are your words in another thread, because you are trying to make a replacement for MONITOR PROBLEMS and here you are saying to wait for an update
    [​IMG]

8. Zak2298
    Froyo May 3, 2020

Zak2298 , via OnePlus 6 , May 3, 2020 :
    But in fact I asked for a replacement, hoping to receive a better device, if it does not arrive I will make a refund

Waka_Yama likes this.
  9. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread May 3, 2020

Max_Fremps , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 3, 2020 :
    of course I wait 1month to update,if not update read it better I say replace or repair, I want 8 pro so I never do a refund
    I wait an official update or official statement from oneplus, if no happen a claim repair or replace but I choose another 8 pro, I m calm with warranty so I can't see a problem, or update or repair or replace = I will get 8 pro anyway better than now

10. Waka_Yama
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2020

Waka_Yama , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 3, 2020 :
    And I keep fingers crossed that you will receive the device you expect. 🙂

11. Zak2298
    Froyo May 3, 2020

yours has some defects in the monitor, green tint, black bar from the camera etc ...?

12. Waka_Yama

Waka_Yama , May 3, 2020 :
    Well i have a minor green tint, which i don't recognize during my usal usage. I can see an "black bar" during very very dimmly lit situations. I am aware of some kind of missing sharpness with the maincamera when shooting images of motives closer then around 30 - 40 cm (which imho is more a problem of how the camera-system works or how the camera-system is used from OnePlus.). Guess there are some threats in this forum reagarding missing sharpness, too.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/camera-focus.1216578/
    You can easily "test" this by shooting a picture of an magazine or even the keyboard in front of you (as close as it focusses) - then look at the edges of the letters. So yes - i think i am faceing some of the problems discussed in this forums.
    The intresting thing is - i can give this device, with it's "problems" to anyone i know and literally no one will recognize these "problems" during usage. Even for longer times.

Last edited: May 3, 2020

13. Zak2298
    Froyo May 3, 2020

Now what do you say, is it still a fixable software problem?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/OnePl...ware-defect-offers-replacements.463468.0.html

WhateverSuitsU likes this.
  14. Max_Fremps
    Gingerbread May 3, 2020

Max_Fremps , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 3, 2020 :
    wait an official statement from oneplus, the user speak with chat support only, if not confermed by an official statement was null, because if it's true they must recall some batch and guarantee that the newer don't have the same issue, so until now is useless try to replace because you can receive another fail phone, wait next days for Oneplus statement and what they will do

realsherban likes this.
  15. Waka_Yama

Waka_Yama , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 3, 2020 :
    In my reading, this a "nothing"... These are the options any user in the EU (Worldwide?) should have if ordered / received the device by the 21st of April. Frankly speaking this answer just advises the costumer to choose from the rights he already has. But good to see that they are offering all options.

16. itssamueltan
    Cupcake May 3, 2020

itssamueltan , May 3, 2020 :
    I also agree, I'm currently also using the 7T and I'm praying and hoping that the fix comes to the 7T.

17. BenjaminB777
    Eclair May 3, 2020

BenjaminB777 , May 3, 2020 :
    I find it kind of interesting how no one on Reddit or anything who says their screens don't have defects have been able to produce a picture at low brightness proving it. I think this is an issue with pretty much all OP8P devices and those who say that their screens don't have it probably do not know how to reproduce it.

I've RMAed once already, both of my devices had the same problem. Someone on Reddit RMAed twice and got the same issue on all three devices.

Except for that one message in this thread a while back, it's really sad how OnePlus hasn't been upfront about what is causing this problem or a timeframe to fix it. This phone is great in literally every way except for the screen. Such a pity that the QC process with these phones has clearly gone awry. Sorry that I'm probably going to return it soon.

whezrum likes this.
  18. smashers007
    Eclair May 3, 2020

smashers007 , May 3, 2020 :
    Fully agree with you. Most users have no clue.
    Have you seen this light bleed issue on the right edge of your phone? The case hides it a little maybe that's why people didn't notice it.

See attached.

Attached Files: