Green Screen, Black Crush and Image Retention

?

Did/does your device suffer from Green Screen, Black Crush and/or Image Retention?

1. Yes

83.0%
  2. No

17.0%
  1. Kikinho9384
    Cupcake May 8, 2020

Kikinho9384 , May 8, 2020 :
    Hello, I've just received my OP 8 Pro and i'm a little desappointed. I have the green tint on my screen at lowlight brightness but i noticed another problem. In the dark i have a spot in the bottom of my screen, like a burn.
    Let see my pictures. What do you think if this issue ? Is it hardware issue ? I tried a restoration but there's no difference, the problem is still here.

Attached Files:

2. Brianocast
    Cupcake May 8, 2020

Brianocast , May 8, 2020 :
    I think that's the fingerprint sensor..there's nothing you can do. It is not visible on mine..uhm

3. ChandlerDrummond
    Froyo May 8, 2020

ChandlerDrummond , May 8, 2020 :
    Yes, that is the fingerprint scanner. Some devices have it. I think it’s a defect in manufacturing but you aren’t alone. I’ve seen others on this forum with that same issue. I’d get it replaced

hokkto likes this.
  4. Zvoni
    Honeycomb May 8, 2020

5. WhateverSuitsU
    Froyo May 8, 2020

Bllake likes this.
  6. Bllake
    Donut May 8, 2020

Bllake , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 8, 2020 :
    I just found this on gizmochina.com

https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/05/...issue-will-be-solved-via-a-future-ota-update/

"OnePlus, the Chinese smartphone maker, recently launched its OnePlus 8 series. However, soon after the launch, many OnePlus 8 Pro users started reporting on certain issues of “Black Crushes” on their smartphone’s display. While initially this problem had been claimed to be caused by the hardware, the company has now officially confirmed that it is a software issue and that it is actively working on providing a fix soon.

The official statement provided by the company read, “We are looking into the ‘black crush’ issue which we aim to address in the upcoming OxygenOS update. Please stay tuned for more information.” In other words, OnePlus is actively working on solving the issue and will offer a fix soon through an OTA update. Unfortunately, the company has refrained from providing any concrete deadline or other dates, but considering the severity of the problem, it should arrive soon.

For those unaware, OnePlus 8 Pro faced various issues for a number of users. This included black crushes on its AMOLED panel alongside other issues like a green tint on low brightness and more. Since then, the company has offered various updates that have fixed the issues for many users but the problem is apparently still affecting a few of the OnePlus 8 Pro owners.

The company rolled out a couple of updates last month and has also recently released the OxeygenOS 10.5.5 and OxygenOS 10.5.6 updates to address the problem. These have fixed the issue for a fair number of users but OnePlus states that the complete fix will arrive soon. So stay tuned as we will be informing readers of when the eventual update actually follows through.

7. P1528538470061
    Cupcake May 8, 2020

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2020

8. Zvoni
    Honeycomb May 8, 2020

9. WhateverSuitsU
    Froyo May 8, 2020

WhateverSuitsU , May 8, 2020 :
    I hope they can fix a lot by releasing a more extensive OTA update. I do believe there are so many issues with the screens, that a total fix will not be achievable. It all starts with the quality checks in the factory. Every (
    It always goes away?

Bllake likes this.
  10. P1528538470061
    Cupcake May 8, 2020

P1528538470061 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 8, 2020 :
    yes but progressively gets worse when scrolling and switching screens between applications, staying off QHD resolves it but that's the trade off. have requested a replacement today and although perhaps they may fix it with updates this seems like hardware to me and I just can't take the risk. but I am not technical enough to know if it truly is.

still love the handset just a shame this is what's happening particularly when stock is limited.

11. Haraas
    Eclair May 8, 2020

Haraas , May 8, 2020 :
    You should've already sent it back ..

12. P1528538470061
    Cupcake May 8, 2020

P1528538470061 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 8, 2020 :
    . I only got it yesterday so wanted to be sure before sending back a handset that may be software bugged. but it is going back once postman comes to collect it. back to one plus 6 for now till replacement arrives

13. Tomas V. , via OnePlus Community App , May 8, 2020 :
    So I finally bought the xiaomi mi 10 pro after refunding from OP 8 pro. Im not going to participate in this fraud when they are trying to sell us poor quality HW. Having the insolence to say its the best quality display in the world.

14. tobias14
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 8, 2020

tobias14 , May 8, 2020 :
    How do you find it ? Mi 10 Pro
    Is it global version?

15. tobias14 likes this.

16. Zvoni
    Honeycomb May 8, 2020

17. Majesty
    Eclair May 8, 2020

Majesty , May 8, 2020 :
    It's kind of a childish rant against OnePlus in Dutch, don't think he meant to post it here.

18. Phariel
    Donut May 9, 2020

Phariel , May 9, 2020 :
    You will find the screen burn in issues if you look for them. I have a oneplus8 pro with only 3 days and the status bar icons are burn in already. The trick is only noticeable when you go to a complete dark room, enable dark mode, open chrome without tabs just the gray color in the background and pull the notification bar to move the display brightness to the most high setting without taking off your finger from the screen you will see the status bar now is just plain gray color without icons and then you can see the icons already burn in like signal, wifi and battery.