Display [GUIDE] Activating USB-Debugging blind with black/broken screen via OTG and restoring data with MTP

1. dom94023
    Eclair Mar 8, 2018

dom94023 , Mar 8, 2018 :
    It is online. Hope it could help you

dasnichts likes this.
  2. dasnichts
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2018

dasnichts , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Thank you for the wonderful video, great job. But doesn't work for me =(
    I think the problem is the encryption of my phone, I can't pass it if I've understand it correct...

3. dom94023
    Eclair Mar 8, 2018

dom94023 , Mar 8, 2018 :
    Try to press the space key a few times. I think that your phone vibrates (if it ist Set to loud). then you know you are there. Then enter the Password.

dasnichts likes this.
  4. dasnichts
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2018

After vibrating right enter pin?
    ok I'll check

But are you shure to go up only 1 step with latest official Oxygen 5.0.1, after going back from activating developer options?

5. dom94023
    Eclair Mar 8, 2018

6. dom94023
    Eclair Mar 8, 2018

dom94023 , Mar 8, 2018 :
    if it doesn't work, try it with 2 Up keys. What is your system language

7. dasnichts
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2018

GERMAN - tried all... difficult times

8. dom94023
    Eclair Mar 8, 2018

dom94023 , Mar 8, 2018 :
    I will check it a few times more this afternoon. I don't understand why it doesn't work... sorry for you..

dasnichts likes this.
  9. dasnichts
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2018

No problem, I'm sad about, but what should I ask more for? You did your best =)
    Thank you

10. dasnichts
    Cupcake Mar 13, 2018

dasnichts , Mar 13, 2018 :
    Ok, I just gave up and sent it to the service for repair.

I'll search where the problem was between your instructions and my phone as soon as I get it back...

11. vinay049
    Cupcake Apr 1, 2018

vinay049 , Apr 1, 2018 :
    Will the same step work for one plus 3? I just broke my screen and I can't see anything..! I can;t afford to lose my files

12. Tommy_Barr
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2018

Tommy_Barr , Apr 18, 2018 :
    Hi,

Do you need to have OTG activated for the keyboard connection to work?

I have tried connecting a keyboard to oneplus device but nothing works. I tried this on a functioning OnePlus 5 (My brothers) and it only connected when we enabled the OTG setting.

13. twelfth_hour
    Cupcake May 16, 2018

twelfth_hour , May 16, 2018 :
    Just wanted to say thank you for all the input in this thread. My OnePlus 3 screen broke and I needed to activating the USB-debugging blind and restore my data with MTP. I used an OGT cable and a USB keyboard. The instructions here worked for me after a little trial and error. I would comment that I see some places in this thread then you need to hit TAB x 2 and some places TAB x 1 to get into the settings menu. For me it was TAB x 1.
    Thank you!!

14. adaam
    Cupcake May 18, 2018

adaam , May 18, 2018 :
    Hi! Really love the guide, but it cant seem to work for me. My phone broke down a couple of days ago, but I already have Developer Options unlocked, and cant seem to figure out the right path to activate USB-debugging. Could you please please please write it down for me?

15. designreh
    Cupcake May 27, 2018

designreh , May 27, 2018 :
    @dasnichts have you found a solution for german language settings?

yesterday it also happens to me. op3 felt down, cracked screen and black display. my boyfriend has an op3T. do you think its the same system and i can count the steps from his phone in order to copy it for my phone?

16. romanlol
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2018

romanlol , Jul 30, 2018 :
    Hey :) Thanks for the video ! I have a question, my OP3 doesn't respond to my commands when I type on the keyboard. Do i need a "simple" keyboard who doesn't need electricity to work ? Because mine is from "SPIRIT OF GAMER", and when it's connected to my PC a red light is shining from inside, but that light doesn't glow when it's connected to the OP3 by OTG... Sorry for bad english ! @dom94023 pls answer

17. Jared_Greenall
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2018

Jared_Greenall , Aug 4, 2018 :
    Here's a question and a way to bump this thread - this is exactly what I need to do, and I know that it will work as my phone is working fine, I just can't see or touch the screen.

Now the problem I have which I see you haven't had, is that the OTG feature on oneplus is disabled by default (well, at least since a previous update) so I can't even connect a keyboard to the phone without going in to settings and enabling it (which can't be done on the broken one as I can't see or touch the screen (seeing isn't the issue here)). Is there a way of OTG being enabled by default, before the phone is even logged in? Like maybe a rom to flash to it or a cmd or something?

Every step closer I get to my files or being able to get the WiFi on to remote desktop to the phone, there is always another wall put up. Like how can it be useful for OTG to be off by default, when that is the final step to get it all sorted before wiping it and spending loads for them to service it?

I think I have kinda answered my own question in my head, which is to buy a replacement screen/digitiser kit and replace that myself. Just wish there was an easier solution.

J

18. R1511875778032
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2018

R1511875778032 , Aug 23, 2018 :
    Hi,

I have connected my New OTG Cable to HP Laptop through Type C option and Used Oneplus 3 cable to connect to my phone.
    But My question is here, the Laptop keyboard is responding to laptop instead of my phone. When I press Windows Key, It is opening Windows in laptop. Tab means, it is going some where.

What ever process said works only with External Keyboard? or Do I need to any settings before I Use OTG Cable to connect keyboard and Mobile.

My Oneplus 3 is completely blank and I could able charge it but nothing can been seen.

When the mobile is switched, am able to see Oneplus logo with F drive in laptop saying device connected. I am not sure whether it is coming while charging/switched off/ switched on.

Your help is very important to me. Thanks in advance.

19. R1511875778032
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2018

R1511875778032 , Aug 23, 2018 :
    Can anyone help me how to enable OTG cable in broken Oneplus 3 mobile? As my keyboard is not responding to mobile.
    Brought new cable and there is no problem in OTG cable as I checked other options like pen drive , mouse to it connected to laptop.

20. EPires
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2018

EPires , Sep 28, 2018 :
    Great video! Thank you for all your help!
    To enable the developer options it is required to enter the pin and press enter. But my phone is unlocked via a pattern lock, how do I do then? I just try to reproduce the pattern, after enabling the developer options?
    Thanks again for your help guys!