Display [GUIDE] Activating USB-Debugging blind with black/broken screen via OTG and restoring data with MTP

1. MD. Munem
    Eclair Oct 28, 2020

2. jay8866
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2020

3. maddy13rocks
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2020

maddy13rocks , Nov 4, 2020 :
    I broke my screen few weeks back. I did not have Google drive sync on hence was going to loose all my data.
    I followed the following steps, posting here hopefully it will be useful to someone.

I connected my phone to a monitor using a USB-C adapter. I could see the lock screen. But I would not see anything else until this lock was open. Since I had fingerprint lock on and it was broken I was not able to get the keypad to type the code. So I used the side button on the phone to open the camera and clicked at the bottom right side where we usually see the last clicked pictures. When I touched on the last clicked pic, it popped up the keypad and I was able to unlock my phone by approximating the keys on my phone after multiple attempts (I couldn't see the keypad on monitor). Once unlocked (Now I see everything on monitor) I was using the broken screen of my phone to type (it was luckily working with no display). For display I used the monitor. I then enabled USB debugging, started Google drive sync on and other stuff to make sure I can copy the data from the phone to my hard drive.

I then sent the phone for fix to One plus and they fixed my screen and sent me back my phone in 1 week.

4. Optimus_Prime_07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2020

5. efox3961
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2020

efox3961 , Dec 17, 2020 :
    Did you ever figure this out? I also have a pattern lock on my OP6T and can't seem to find any answers

6. harshh36
    Froyo Dec 17, 2020

7. Leuchtekulli
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2020

Leuchtekulli , Dec 18, 2020 :
    This doesnt work with an OnePlus 3T though, ord oes it?
    Because the OnePlus 3T doesn't have MHL.

8. kollaberry_dhruvin
    Eclair Dec 19, 2020

kollaberry_dhruvin , via OnePlus 3T , Dec 19, 2020 :
    Thank you
    So much helpful

9. Leuchtekulli
    Cupcake Dec 22, 2020

Leuchtekulli , Dec 22, 2020 :
    Today my OTG Adapter arrived, but my Keyboard isnt recognised/accepted by my OnePlus 3T with my OnePlus Nord it works instantly without any Interaction. Does anyone know why that is?

10. Shiva8267
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2020