[Guide] Get Android P's Digital Wellbeing feature on your OnePlus phone!

1. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 7, 2018

FlixbusLennart, Aug 7, 2018 :
    Hey friends!
    Google introduced Digital Wellbeing with Pie. It's available only for the Pixel and maybe some other phones, but definitely not on OnePlus phones. However, when you have a OnePlus phone which runs the newest Android P version available, you're lucky. When you are on Oreo, you are not. Multiple users already reported parsing errors on Android 8!

Here is a simple guide on how to enable Google's new Digital Wellbeing feature on the phone. Thanks and credits to the XDA people who figured all this out and provide us with the files.

This currently works on the OnePlus 5, 5T, 6, 6T - every OnePlus that has Pie running.
    Oh, also this:

ROOT WAY
    Steps to install:

• Download and install the Digital Wellbeing Beta APK from Apkmirror (always use the latest version)
    • Download the Digital Wellbeing Enabler from Androidfilehost - for more info on what you're flashing here, see the corresponding xda-thread
    • Flash the .zip in Magisk, as you would flash any other Magisk module.
    • Reboot, open the settings app and the wellbeing feature should be there. Enjoy!
    • If you want to receive app updates for Digital Wellbeing via the Play Store, flash the Google Framework module on Magisk and enroll for the Wellbeing beta!

Tested on my OP6 running open betas and stable Pie. OnePlus 5(T) users reported that it works on their newest Pie builds as well, and the root way works fine on the OP3.

NON ROOT WAY - not from me, not tested by me, but seems to work partially. Thanks to reddit user JakeChambersOy! Please leave him some internet points when you have a reddit account

Steps to install:

• Download and install the Digital Wellbeing Beta APK from Apkmirror (always use the latest version)
    • Give the app all permissions and also enable usage data access for the app.
    • Create a shortcut on your homescreen (e.g. with Nova launcher or Quick Shortcut Maker), the newer versions also allow for shortcut creation without any additional launching app.

[09.09.2018]: A new update for Digital Wellbeing rolled out, it now allows for placing an app icon to the app drawer. Good for the non-root guys. Just launch Wellbeing once and enable the toggle, then get rid of the activity launcher app.

In case anything goes wrong, or you need extra support, feel free to ask!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019

2. _DEDSEC_ Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2018

Goggeboy, MetalSir, kemz_a and 26 others like this.
  3. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 7, 2018

Unfortunately. I did everything to not make this appear as if it were just another "When Android P sir" thread. Well, maybe some people might still find this one ^^

4. hermit45 Donut Aug 7, 2018

hermit45, Aug 7, 2018 :
    I know I can search for this but it'd be nice if you could let me know how you enabled the product sans on your OP6

Vladut123 and mark_holstrom like this.
  5. _DEDSEC_ Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2018

_DEDSEC_, Aug 7, 2018 :
    what's the "other" category?

Vladut123 likes this.
  6. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 7, 2018

No problem mate. It's just another Magisk Module. There are several modules for this. I use "Google Sans MOD Font". Also, set the device to Roboto.

Vladut123 and Nick 59 like this.
  7. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Aug 7, 2018

8. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 7, 2018

As far as I can tell, it's just all the other apps together. In the Dashboard, the apps that are named on the circle explicitly are also the apps up top of the list on Dashboard. So "Other" is basically the apps that are not top 4 used.

Vladut123, Nick 59 and _DEDSEC_ like this.
  9. hermit45 Donut Aug 7, 2018

hermit45, Aug 7, 2018 :
    Okay, can you direct to working XDA methods for successfully rooting and flashing magisk. I'm on DP3 btw

Vladut123 likes this.
  10. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 7, 2018

11. Samit_hawx Gingerbread Aug 7, 2018

Samit_hawx, Aug 7, 2018 :
    I so want to try this. Is it a good plan to upgrade to Android P Beta now or should I wait?

Vladut123 likes this.
  12. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 7, 2018

I am running the latest Beta ever since it came out and I do not regret it. If you know how to help yourself in case something goes wrong, try it out!

13. Samit_hawx Gingerbread Aug 7, 2018

Alright then. Will jump to beta now.

Vladut123 and FlixbusLennart like this.
  14. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 7, 2018

Remember to back up and read carefully ;)

Vladut123, Nick 59 and Samit_hawx like this.
  15. Samit_hawx Gingerbread Aug 7, 2018

Yep, will do

Vladut123 likes this.
  16. The Exterminator Gingerbread Aug 7, 2018

17. Nick 59 Lollipop Aug 7, 2018

Vladut123 and FlixbusLennart like this.
  18. MANUDHOMRA Gingerbread Aug 7, 2018

MANUDHOMRA, Aug 7, 2018 :
    which gsi you are using??? and what are the bugs as of now?

Vladut123 likes this.
  19. The Exterminator Gingerbread Aug 7, 2018

Vladut123 likes this.
  20. MANUDHOMRA Gingerbread Aug 7, 2018

MANUDHOMRA, Aug 7, 2018 :
    you took me wrong, I was keen to know the major bugs, such as :
    camera works???
    LTE works???
    or some major bugs like WiFi or something else.

Vladut123 likes this.