[GUIDE] How to get your device recognized on adb/fastboot

1. marcoantenor
    Donut Sep 18, 2016

marcoantenor , Sep 18, 2016 :
    Connect your device with Android Debugging enabled to your PC
    Open Device Manager of Windows from System Properties.
    Your device should appear under 'Other devices' listed as something like 'Android ADB Interface' or 'Android Phone' or similar. Right click that and click on 'Update Driver Software...'
    Select 'Browse my computer for driver software'
    Select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
    Double-click 'Show all devices'
    Press the 'Have disk' button
    Browse and navigate to [SDK folder]\extras\google-usb_driver and select android_winusb.inf (Its an update you can get from SDK Manager)

** IF YOU DONT HAVE SDK MANAGER **
    ** search and download latest_usb_driver_windows.zip I cant post links on xda yet, and extract to your desktop **
    ** Browse and navigate to desktop\usb_drive **

Select 'Android ADB Interface' from the list of device types.
    Press the 'Yes' button
    Press the 'Install' button
    Press the 'Close' button

2. marcoantenor
    Donut Sep 18, 2016

3. pablo384
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2016

4. fpalou
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2016

fpalou , Sep 23, 2016 :
    Thanks! I had a problem where it wasn't getting recognized on recovery mode, and did this while in recovery. It worked!

5. Minun
    Eclair Oct 24, 2016

Minun , Oct 24, 2016 :
    This didn't work for me; when I tried the Google USB driver I got:

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. if the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems".

I tried installing (what purport to be) OnePlus's own drivers and Koush's universal driver but I saw other people had issues with fastboot on Windows 10 so I I borrowed an old Vista laptop and was able to use fastboot on it fine once I installed Koush's universal driver on it.

6. B_Wrath
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Oct 24, 2016

B_Wrath , Oct 24, 2016 :
    This doesn't seem to work for my one plus 3. Followed all the steps. Is it an issue with Windows 10?

7. Nachia
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2018

Nachia , Sep 19, 2018 :
    Thank you so much for this. I just got a OP 6 the other day and I've been trying for hours to get this to work. I really appreciate the guide.

8. U1582334630384
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2020

9. Sidharth_9282
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2020

Sidharth_9282 , Feb 27, 2020 :
    B_Wrath

This doesn't seem to work for my one plus 3. Followed all the steps. Is it an issue with Windows 10?

Driver is not installed properly.... re install driver
    to verify driver is properly installed or not just jo to fastboot mode and then go to device manager in your pc and see there it will show something like adb device....i forgot the name but quite similar to that

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020

10. Smoke_Li
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2021