[GUIDE] How to go from Oreo to Stock Nougat

1. Sermonator
    Donut Nov 29, 2017

Sermonator , Nov 29, 2017 :
    Thanks so much for this. It worked perfectly. I can't believe how difficult this was to find on the forums, though. You would think this should be written up somewhere by OnePlus themselves and the "Special Build" posted in the Support/Downloads area so that we don't have to go trawling through posts to find it. I spoke with three different tech support people at OnePlus and not one of them suggested this method. Thanks again.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  2. Rj_Lucifer
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2017

Rj_Lucifer , Nov 29, 2017 :
    Yes you are right md5 not matching.... Downloaded twice but still md5 not matching... Well I'm back to paranoid now.. Will try again after few days... Thanks

3. Nerdis
    Froyo Nov 29, 2017

4. justine.mathew
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2017

justine.mathew , Nov 30, 2017 :
    Open Beta=>OnePlus 3T OBT 15 (Special build)=>OOS 5.0 is this possible?
    Or Open Beta=>OnePlus 3T OBT 15 (Special build)=>OOS 4.5.1=>OOS 5.0 ??

5. lpadvisor
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2017

lpadvisor , Dec 1, 2017 :
    This worked. Thank you.

One notice to people is that, when rolling back from Oreo, the Play store will not reload all your apps. You have to do them manually. A pain for sure.

6. lpadvisor
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2017

lpadvisor , Dec 1, 2017 :
    Yes this works for Release Version of Oreo.

7. Artizanoil
    Eclair Dec 1, 2017

Artizanoil , Dec 1, 2017 :
    I downgraded to nougat as per OP. when I go into update it says the phone is already up to date. I assumed it would tell me Oreo update is ready. Not a big deal, I am just curious

8. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Dec 1, 2017

9. Rubens Jr.
    Donut Dec 2, 2017

Rubens Jr. , Dec 2, 2017 :
    The problem is that I'm not using the Oreo Beta, I'm using the Oreo stock and I've tried everything to go back to Nougat stock but it doesn't work. The recovery system starts reading the file but suddenly stops and go back to recovery options. When I try doing it on ADB the message is: "error: device '<null>' not found". Everything seems right: phone is recognized by the PC, debugging mode is on, drivers are already installed...

I really don't know what else should I do, and OOS 5 is making me crazy. The worst thing I did in my life was push the button saying UPDATE THE SYSTEM NOW.

10. Rubens Jr.
    Donut Dec 2, 2017

I discovered the problem that was causing ADB to not identify the device. Now ADB identifies it, the reading process starts but then stops at 50%, and the recovery system shows the message INSTALLATION FAILED.

You may think that the file is corrupted or incomplete, but it's not. I've downloaded it from OnePlus oficial download page 4 times already, both 4.5 stock rom and 4.5.1. stock rom.

Still unable to go back to Nougat.

11. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Dec 2, 2017

dsmonteiro , Dec 2, 2017 :
    Why not simply copy it to the phone and then flash it regularly, like this guide says?

12. Rubens Jr.
    Donut Dec 2, 2017

because, as I said before, it doesn't work.

13. Artizanoil
    Eclair Dec 2, 2017

Artizanoil , Dec 2, 2017 :
    when you flash the special build the phone needs to boot up to the startup screen then reboot and flash 4.5.1

14. dsmonteiro

With the special build provided in this thread?

15. Rubens Jr.
    Donut Dec 2, 2017

No, using roms officially provided by OnePlus. The special build provided here is impossible to download by now. I've been trying fornthe last 4 hours and the spped limit is only 4kb/s. The problem is not my connection btw.

16. dsmonteiro

The special build is the only way to return to Nougat.

I apparently deleted the mirrors by mistake, but the official link should still work.

17. Artizanoil
    Eclair Dec 3, 2017

Artizanoil , Dec 3, 2017 :
    they took down the Oreo update via OTA. just in case anyone was wondering

18. Daniyes
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2017

Daniyes , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Just a dumb quick question

when Oreo ist stable and when its good to update, will i still get the update direct to my phone or must i flash it like i did now?

is the rom i now have a "custom rom" in the eyes of one plus?

sorry, just curious right now

19. one_fom
    Donut Dec 3, 2017

one_fom , Dec 3, 2017 :
    Interesting fact, I should have waited before upgrading

20. VaibhavBhargava
    Lollipop Dec 4, 2017

VaibhavBhargava , Dec 4, 2017 :
    If you are saying that you have flashed the 'special' 4.5.1 build and you are waiting for the stable update to rollout, then yes when the OTA is pushed then you shall receive it.
    You could say that this is a official custom ROM.