[GUIDE] How To Improve Battery Life on COS12 YNG1TAS2I3

1. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 13, 2015

Funk Wizard , Jun 13, 2015 :
    No need to hibernate any system files.. also if you hibernate whatsapp or any messenger the notifications shall be delayed. you can try GCM Push feature as its still better than deep hibernation.

ashishjena likes this.
  2. AnkitDhall
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2015

3. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 14, 2015

nimish_rathod likes this.
  4. soriful
    Gingerbread Jun 15, 2015

5. RUPESH.RVG
    Froyo Jun 15, 2015

Funk Wizard likes this.
  6. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 15, 2015

7. ashishjena
    Honeycomb Jun 17, 2015

ashishjena , Jun 17, 2015 :
    Hi funk, can you put some screenshot of application you limited using Amplify,me & @tim31 looking for the wake lock and alarms which we can tame.

PS-I don't have any battery drain issue but I want to experience what this powerful app else can do to increase my SOT averaging 5.5hrs with heavy to moderate usage.
    Also I got Pro version of amplify.

Thanks in advance

tim31 likes this.
  8. deepak9790
    Eclair Jun 17, 2015

deepak9790 , Jun 17, 2015 :
    THANKS FOR THE UPDATE. AFTER DONE THIS I GOT A MSG LIKE "UNFORTUNATELY,GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES HAS STTOPPED" ..IT IS OFTENLY SHOWING IN MOBILE.. ITS ANNOYING..PLZ HELP THIS ISSUE TO COME OUT

9. tauhid.ka11
    Eclair Jun 17, 2015

tauhid.ka11 , Jun 17, 2015 :
    aftr a long time i decided to root my opo. so i sat down n got down to it. followd al the instructions frm youtube thru some channel known as C4etech. he is actually good. i installed the adb drivers and aftr tat i did the "fastboot oem unlock" too. now i am stuck in "fastboot flash recovery" option. I renamed the TWRP file too and the error i am gettin is "cannot load recovery".

10. tauhid.ka11
    Eclair Jun 17, 2015

11. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 17, 2015

Funk Wizard , Jun 17, 2015 :
    Hard reboot and check if boot loader is unlocked

12. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Jun 17, 2015

Funk Wizard , Jun 17, 2015 :
    When your phone restarts just go ahead and put it in fastboot mode again to verify that it was properly unlocked by typing fastboot oem device-info and making sure it says 'unlocked: true'

You can now reboot your phone with the fastboot reboot command.

There on flash twrp..

tauhid.ka11 likes this.
  13. tauhid.ka11
    Eclair Jun 18, 2015

tauhid.ka11 , Jun 18, 2015 :
    cool . wil try this .

14. tauhid.ka11
    Eclair Jun 18, 2015

tauhid.ka11 , Jun 18, 2015 :
    hey hi . i tried it and i am gettin the same error again. as u told me to type in "fastboot oem device-info", i did, and i got ths "device tampered;true device unlocked;false charger screen disabled;false". the device has been unlocked.
    then tried the method again to flash the recovery file. but met with the same error again.
    "target reported max download size of 1073741824 bytes
    error: cannot load 'recovery.img' : No error"

this is the error i am getting right now. i dont know wht to do.

15. A26
    Donut Jun 18, 2015

A26 , Jun 18, 2015 :
    Hey @Funk Wizard have u tried the new cm12 update. What about the battery life for the new update. (Cm12.0- YNG1TAS2I3)

16. tauhid.ka11
    Eclair Jun 19, 2015

17. ashishjena
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2015

18. sanooptvs
    Froyo Jun 21, 2015

sanooptvs , Jun 21, 2015 :
    @Funk Wizard
    Hi Brother,
    Updated the system yesterday...
    Was monitoring the battery performance...
    Dint find any noticeable changes...:(

Any idea what could be done to improve the present condition...!??
    I badly miss the battery performance from kitkat, seriously it was good...
    I have never rooted my phone..it is stock...
    I have tried almost everything mentioned in the posts for improving battery life...

Do you think a factory reset could bring any change..?? I have never done this yet...

Many thanks..;)

19. blackscorpio
    Froyo Jun 21, 2015

blackscorpio , Jun 21, 2015 :
    Not sure if it going to help, I was in the same boat, I did the following 3 days back and looks like my battery life is improved a little bit, stil in early stage to confirm, but here you go:

I done factory reset but there was no considerable change then I disabled gestures, double tap to wake and also those, I am seeing a considerable change. Still my first charge is going on after the change.

I would suggest try disabling the gestures and see, before you go for factory reset.

Attached Files:

Funk Wizard likes this.
  20. sanooptvs
    Froyo Jun 21, 2015

sanooptvs , Jun 21, 2015 :
    Bro...
    From the initial stage itself I am using the phone by disabling all the gestures, blocking the wakeup and other options in the Privacy Guard, adaptive back-light etc...

Still, there is not much effect...CM12 battery backup is no way near the CM11S...

Besides this, I have another issue....
    After the update...my phone doesnt have that fluidity which L has...
    I have watched the videos, and in all the of them the phone has a smoothness....while opening the menu...the drop down notifications etc...
    In my phone...everything is too fast...
    I tried changing the animation from .5x to 2x...there was no change....:confused::confused:

Please suggest me if that can be fixed as well...

Peace...:)