[Guide] How to Install Viper4Android on Oneplus 3/3T Oreo

1. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Dec 9, 2017

Prowhiz , Dec 9, 2017 :
    Since the recent update to Android 8.0 Oreo, there have been a few security changes. But not to worry, the process for V4A installation hasn't changed... much. Special thanks to Ha1 who graciously helped clarify the difference with Oreo. I decided to update this guide with a new step-by-step list for the sake of clarity. You can still view the previous guide for Android 7.0 Nougat. So here goes:

Requirements

1. Root
    2. TWRP for OP3/T Oreo
    3. BusyBox
    4. Viper4Android (Believe me you need this specific one. Same file as the one for Nougat. Others with apk installers didn't work for me). If you rooted with Magisk then download and install ViPER4Android FX Materialized module by ahrion from the Magisk Modules repository in the Magisk app.
    Steps

1. Go in Settings>Sound>Audio tuner. Disable it. (It's usually inoperable without earphones connected).
    2. Use any root file manager like Solid Explorer or Es Explorer and navigate to /vendor/etc. Look for a file named audio_effects.conf and rename it to audio_effects.conf_bkp
    3. Install Busybox if you haven't.
    4. Boot into TWRP recovery and flash Viper4android. Then boot back into the system.
    5. Viper4android FX should now be available in the app drawer. Open Viper4android and install drivers. It may take some time. Freeze even. But be patient. Android may say "This application is not responding". Tap wait. Patience is your friend. If there are no problems, you should have it ready to go. Reboot.
    6. Here's where it's extra for Oreo: Open Viper4Android and in the Settings, tap Enter Developer Mode. Ignore the warning and tap OK. Then Disable SELinux. This should be done after every reboot. Enjoy. [​IMG]

If you need my V4A settings you can download my current settings Profile. Extract the zip contents to ViPER4Android/Profile/ directory.

You also need to download this IRS Pack to get the full effect. (You can find more IRS Packs here). Extract the contents of the zip folder to ViPER4Android/Kernel/ directory. Create a folder named Kernel in the ViPER4Android (Case sensitive) folder if you don't have it.

Now just open ViPER4Android FX and on the hamburger menu from the left, tap Load Effect Profile. Music settings - Prowhiz should be listed. Load it and voila! Feel the beat. If you're not big on some of the bass effects, you can try out any of the other options under the convolver menu. See what works for you.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018

2. C3andJojo
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2017

C3andJojo , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Hello,
    I followed all of your instructions correctly but I can't install the drivers. It never prompts me to install them. I've reinstalled the app three times it and that hasn't helped . Can you please help me?Is there any way to install them manually?.(using an 0P3)Anyways thank you for the guide!

3. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2017

Prowhiz , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Post a screenshot of your driver status. Also, when you open the side bar what do you see? Install driver or uninstall driver?
    The driver may already be installed

4. C3andJojo
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

C3andJojo , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Thank you for replying,
    Well i fixed it now but i encountered a new problem when I install the drivers it says I/O error. Now first thing I did was connect to wifi. Then I changed SELinux to permissive. I tried to install them it didnt work, i got an error again. Can you help with this ?I fix this again on my own (before you are able to answer that is)I can give you the steps to post them on here as troubleshooting. (If you want.)
    Thanks!

5. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2017

Prowhiz , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Try clearing V4A data. check that you have root access granted for Viper in the super user app. Finally, check that the audio_effects. config file is renamed from your Vendor/etc/root folder. then Reboot and try again. Remember to set selinux to permissive in the viper settings.
    Of course you may send in your troubleshooting steps. If it works I'll post it. And not forget to credit you too

6. C3andJojo
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

I tried what you said it hasnt worked. Also I have to mention something fundimental, I have no Viper4android folder.I made one myself but of course its not connected to the application. So it won't install the drivers. Any suggestions?, ive done some research, tried some things on my own but I can't resolve this problem.

7. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Dec 12, 2017

Prowhiz , Dec 12, 2017 :
    Did you install the V4A linked in the tutorial or you downloaded from elsewhere? I only faced those problems when I tried going the apk route instead of just flashing thesame zip I always had

8. C3andJojo
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

No I used the zip you provided. The only thing that I suppose will help, is reinstalling it. If that doesn't help again I will report it here.

9. C3andJojo
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2017

FIXED IT YEEESSS!!!!!. Okay so when one is installing the zip through TWRP they should check one of the three options,the one that says ''Reboot after installation''. Regardless this might not work for everyone, as I think I'm the only one that has encountered this problem as of now.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017

Prowhiz likes this.
  10. schumi2004
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2017

schumi2004 , Dec 17, 2017 :
    Running Oreo now but it doesn't let me rename audio_effects.conf. It seems to be in use but can't figure out why.
    And can someone also explain how to get ViPER4Arise afterwards?

11. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Dec 18, 2017

Prowhiz , Dec 18, 2017 :
    Disable the audio tuner as shown in step 1before trying to rename

12. tinOFbeer
    Donut Jan 14, 2018

tinOFbeer , Jan 14, 2018 :
    Please correct the highlighted red file name on the correct: audio_effects.conf

Prowhiz likes this.
  13. G_Veli_Demirağ_UkmX
    Froyo Jan 14, 2018

Prowhiz likes this.
  14. G_Veli_Demirağ_UkmX
    Froyo Jan 14, 2018

G_Veli_Demirağ_UkmX , Jan 14, 2018 :
    Make sure you're checking it when your Master Power is ON, it won't show whether it's working or not otherwise.

15. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

Prowhiz , Jan 14, 2018 :
    Yeah. I'm currently using the v4a module in magisk. But when I wrote this tutorial I was using SuperSu for root.

16. G_Veli_Demirağ_UkmX
    Froyo Jan 14, 2018

Yeah it's helpful for other people who use SuperSu keep it up :)

Prowhiz likes this.
  17. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

Prowhiz , Jan 14, 2018 :
    Thanks for the pointer

18. tinOFbeer
    Donut Jan 14, 2018

tinOFbeer , Jan 14, 2018 :
    In my case, the installation by Magisk does not work, the I/O error is returned when trying install the drivers.

19. G_Veli_Demirağ_UkmX
    Froyo Jan 14, 2018

Make sure your V4A app has all permissions, and change your Selinux to Permissive if you haven't already.

20. Krishnas096
    Donut Jan 18, 2018

Krishnas096 , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Same issue is with me.. When i rename the audio_effects.conf file i am still getting the I/O error during install. I am unable to get it to work even when i followed your instructions. And if i install the viper4android app through magisk itself, it works till reboot(it works fine till the phone reboots and stops processing then after). i have to flash the module each time through magisk after every reboot. *sigh*
    Help please..