[Guide] How to Install Viper4Android on Oneplus 3/3T Oreo

1. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Jan 18, 2018

Prowhiz , Jan 18, 2018 :
    Yeah. go with the Magisk option. But always set Selinux to permissive in V4A settings after every reboot

2. Krishnas096
    Donut Jan 18, 2018

Krishnas096 , Jan 18, 2018 :
    yeah but evwn if i flash with magisk, i require 1 reboot to actually make it work and it then stays just till the phone reboots next. So its very inefficient! is there any other way to actually make it work?

3. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Jan 18, 2018

Prowhiz , Jan 18, 2018 :
    You're missing the point. You don't need to flash every time. just the once to install.
    Of course v4a will stop working whenever you reboot. But all you need to do is go to V4a settings > Turn on developer settings and disable Selinux.
    This is what you need to do after every reboot on your oreo device. I mentioned this in the guide. Please refer to it.

4. zurih
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2018

zurih , Jan 23, 2018 :
    Ok, it works for me and the sound is really great. However, after a while it stops working unless I reboot. If I am connected to a Bluetooth headphones, then stop and disconnected, and then after a while connect again, viper doesn't do anything unless I reboot and then it works again.

Any idea?

5. Krishnas096
    Donut Jan 23, 2018

Krishnas096 , Jan 23, 2018 :
    same happens with me.. @Prowhiz can you please come up with a possible solution?
    thanks

6. Paschfire
    KitKat Jan 24, 2018

Paschfire , Jan 24, 2018 :
    The TWRP for Oneplus 3/3t Oreo is linked within your OP is totally incorrect. It navigates to blu_spark r208 Kernel, NOT twrp recovery.

You should fix that.

If an unknowing individual tries to flash that .zip file in place of the recovery .img file it could spell bad news for the user.

Here is the correct link for, the current as of today, blu-spark v8.61 TWRP recovery .img

twrp-3.2.1-x_blu_spark_v8.61-op3_op3t.img
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=27655

Thanks!

Best regards.

Sun90 and Prowhiz like this.
  7. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Jan 24, 2018

Prowhiz , Jan 24, 2018 :
    Ah! Thanks for pointing that out. I've updated the guide

Paschfire likes this.
  8. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Jan 24, 2018

Prowhiz , Jan 24, 2018 :
    You should uninstall and reinstall again. Remember to uninstall the driver before uninstalling the app and reinstalling.

9. king1abu
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2018

king1abu , Jan 26, 2018 :
    Okay it finally work now. I found out why it won't install driver with a message about io.
    The reason it won't work is you rename “Audio_effects.conf” in a wrong folder. It should be in system/vendor/etc. If you accidently rename in different folder then go back to change to orinigal name. Because it have two same names in different folders. That's why. Also, make sure you install BusyBox from Google play. It will be require.

Let me know.

Prowhiz likes this.
  10. AndrewMatthew7
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2018

AndrewMatthew7 , Apr 5, 2018 :
    This guide may help you: https://droidfeats.com/install-official-viper4android-oreo/

11. Shikotaro
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2018

Shikotaro , Apr 13, 2018 :
    IMPORTANT:
    please consider that disabling SELinux will disable all of androids intern security functions. This should only be as the last possible way. However you can write a script that will disable it on startup so you dont have to do it every time.
    You can either install the magisk module SELinux Manager and choose "Permissive" on startup or get init.d support and write your own script (google yourself...)

12. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Apr 14, 2018

Prowhiz , Apr 14, 2018 :
    Similar thing happens to me you sometimes. in those cases, what I do is exit the app or clear it from my recents list and restart the app and it should pickup.

13. priscillaahoward12
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2018

priscillaahoward12 , Jul 30, 2018 :
    This is an awesome guide and I got a lot of important information from the document. I already installed Viper4android on my OnePlus 3 device. I used the OnePlus Root tool to root my device and I followed all the instructions as well but it reports some errors now. The installed tool downloaded from https://getviper4android.com/. The tool now automatically runs without informing. Suddenly it displays adds. I don’t want to remove the application but is there any method to stop autorun or is this a matter from my device?

14. wbgrunn
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2018

wbgrunn , Oct 11, 2018 :
    I would like to thank you for this tutorial. I've tried several guides to install this but they did not work.
    It took me a while to install it because i did not get any 'install driver' prompts. I made it work by changing the name of the config file from audio_effects.conf_bkp to audio_effects.conf.bak, but i still didn't get any prompt about installing drivers.

The audio quality is amazing and far the best i've ever heard on a android device.
    The bass is insane while listening on my Sennheiser CX5.00G.

Big thanks!

Prowhiz likes this.
  15. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2018

Prowhiz , Oct 11, 2018 :
    Awesome! I'm glad I could help. Enjoy.

16. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Oct 11, 2018

17. Prowhiz
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2018

Prowhiz , Oct 11, 2018 :
    Yeah. I should probably post a new guide. I don't even use this process anymore since I switched to magisk root. I just install the V4A module through magisk and it works without any extra tweaks.

18. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Oct 11, 2018

19. W1554029027948
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2019