[GUIDE] How To Make A Clean Installation Update Or A Deep Clean Data Wipe To Your OnePlus Smartphone

1. AmirZur9 Cupcake Aug 27, 2016

gaster likes this.
  2. misha888888 Cupcake Aug 28, 2016

3. gaster Lollipop Moderator Aug 30, 2016

gaster, Aug 30, 2016 :
    Thank you guys and you are welcome

I think yes. And you can just try it. Boot your OP3 to recovery mode and then connect it with your PC. If you can see its files it means you can do it easily :)

jakito likes this.
  4. dragangt Cupcake Nov 7, 2016

dragangt, Nov 7, 2016 :
    Hi Gaster,

I'm a little lost with all this info.

Basically my one plus one was doing a OTA update and it failed it was cyogen mod. so now the phone doesn't work and is stuck in a constant boot cycle.

I've read through the info but there is information everywhere not a step by step guide with links to software i need to use.

I would just like to start fresh with the phone either CM or OS. do you have a step by step guide?

5. gaster Lollipop Moderator Nov 7, 2016

gaster, Nov 7, 2016 :
    Hey. If your phone is with unlocked bootloader already, you can just boot it in Fastboot mode and install the twrp custom recovery with the command Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img(once you ll download the twrp recovery file, you ll rename it to recovery.img) then you can boot to twrp and use my guide new method's post to install any OS you like

6. kayajiwa Donut Nov 21, 2016

gaster likes this.
  7. daniga74 Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2016

daniga74, Nov 23, 2016 :
    reboot in twrp, wipe system, flash the ROM, wipe cache, dalvik-cache, reboot, enjoy.
    Before proceed make a nandroid backup via twrp.

8. gaster Lollipop Moderator Nov 23, 2016

gaster, Nov 23, 2016 :
    Hey friend. In any case just get a backup of your personal files and then just reboot in the TWRP recovery and do the following wipes:

- Cache
    - Dalvik Cache
    - System

Then while in recovery Reboot to Recovery again and then just install the zip file you mentioned. After it's done just reboot again

9. CsRohit Froyo Nov 24, 2016

10. c0ssik Cupcake Nov 25, 2016

c0ssik, Nov 25, 2016 :
    If You have Made Full Wipe I mean in TWRP Advanced Format Data and Wiped all I mean all , including /data/media then After rebooting you can go again to TWRP ADB Sideload mode and use 'sideload' to flash ROM I don't know why are using option to flash from stock recovery

11. niTe_RiDeR_Pro Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2016

gaster likes this.
  12. niTe_RiDeR_Pro Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 4, 2016

niTe_RiDeR_Pro, Dec 4, 2016 :
    Download latest "signed flashable zip" of COS13.1 for OnePlus One from here: www.cyngn.com/support and save it to your phone
    Reboot to TWRP recovery
    Wipe everything EXCEPT "internal storage" in TWRP
    Reboot to Recovery
    and at last Flash the zip & reboot. You're done.

NOTE: This WILL completely wipe your previous OS & data (apps & settings etc.), but IT WON'T wipe your phone's internal storage (downloads, pics, videos, songs etc).

13. Nitu21092 Cupcake Dec 5, 2016

14. aris Jelly Bean Dec 6, 2016

gaster likes this.
  15. blietaer Cupcake Dec 9, 2016

blietaer, Dec 9, 2016 :
    Hello,

I am sorry I have a hard time finding out what is the best (or supposed to be) version of ROM and what should be the latest good 'howto' tutorial.

My goal is to wipe clean install my OnePOne, and at the same time, I would be glad to be up to date with the latest/best OS, closest to the 'official'

I really loved the 'nexus' politic of OPO, having few OTA per year, keeping my phone up to date with the latest version of Android and wondering if I should stick to the stock ROM (and if yes, what is it now ? Cyanogen? OxygenOS?) is Cyanogen completely discontinued and the last update OTA of August would be the last official one?
    Sorry, I am reading a lot here, but can't easily find the answer...it sounds like the debate is quite a matter of personal choice.

Please advise...

(as an embedded SW Engineer, I a don't really fear touching the FW, done it in the past for other device, just want to be sure to follow the right 'howto' and the right zip FW ! )

Thank you !
    Cheers,
    Bli

16. koyokoyo Cupcake Dec 24, 2016

gaster likes this.
  17. dr pravesh Donut Feb 10, 2017

dr pravesh, Feb 10, 2017 :
    @gaster I am currently on Cm13 and I need to install cm11, can it be done with the deep clean wipe that you mentioned and then flashing the zip for cm11. Please help

18. gaster Lollipop Moderator Feb 11, 2017

gaster, Feb 11, 2017 :
    Hey. Yeah. You should be able to do this. Is just a downgrade. But if you are gonna for a full clean install, then it's possible. I am sure. Let me know please by the way if you don't mind, after you ll do the job. May i suggest you to try the LineagesOS official 14.1.x

19. gaster Lollipop Moderator Feb 11, 2017

gaster, Feb 11, 2017 :
    @koyokoyo You are welcome, no problem.

@blietaer Hey friend. Sorry but just now saw your post. I didn't had notification at all. If you want my advise, just try the official LineageOS for OPO. It's almost like Cyanogenmod but you ll still have updates while the Cyanogen discontinued. You can try my guide for flashing it and be sure that you ll go full clean wipe plus that you are using the last TWRP recovery. Ask me for any help if it needs

20. dr pravesh Donut Feb 11, 2017

dr pravesh, Feb 11, 2017 :
    @gaster hi i am stuck at twrp recovery after deleting cache,dalvik,system and all,, but its not allowing the zip file to install... urgent help