Gingerbread Jun 26, 2016

masaga91 , Jun 26, 2016 :
    Sideloading?

2. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Jun 26, 2016

3. harlekinwashere
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2016

harlekinwashere , Jun 26, 2016 :
    I used the stock firmware you linked to unbrick a softbricked Oneplus 3 (fastboot and stock recovery still working, but OS in a bootloop) - so I had not to fiddle around with the Qualcomm driver and the rescue tool - but never the less here are a few findings.

1. The oxygen firmware in the link is 3.1.3 and not 3.1.2
    2. In my case I had issues getting the Google ADB drivers (the drivers should be installed as part of the "15 seconds adb and fastboot installer" that is linked in the "how to root your Oneplus 3" thread) to install for the "Android" device while trying to adb sideload the firmware in stock recovery. This is how I fixed it. Boot into stock recovery, select english (or your language), then select install new firmware over adb, then click along until the screen says that you should adb sideload now. At this point a device named "Android" should show up in your device manager. If it has issues being recognized, rightclick it, select install/update drivers (not sure if its called install or update - it was the first rightclick menu entry if I remember), then install drivers from folder, skip the folder part and select install from list then select "Android device" or "All devices" (if Android device doesnt show up like it was in my case), then choose the vendors list, scroll down to Google, and there should be two adb and one fastboot driver available, select the first adb driver and install the device. Test in a command window if adb devices works (a device is listed), if it does you are set - if it doesnt, you havent installed the right driver - so redo the process. You can also download and look through the howto_driver.zip in this thread: ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 ) if it helps - that said - I had to select all devices, then go through the vendor list and select google to find the respective drivers.
    3. You can wipe data and cache from stock recovery (advanced menu) if you need to.
    4. If your fastboot is still working AND you unlocked your bootloader prior to the "incident" you also can use Mauronofrios All in One Tool ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/one...ol-tool-one-driversunlocktwrpfactory-t3398993 ) to flash stock recovery if you should need to -- I tell you my softbrick story shortly to underline why. :) Disclaimer: The All in One Tool downloads the necessary files after the fact - which always is a bit risky, if you don't trust the dev.

My softbrick story goes as follows - I wanted to uninstall root revert to stock recovery and OEM lock the bootloader again - so I

- uninstalled SuperSU through its settings - there is a point saying uninstall/remove SU specifically - it will reboot your phone afterwards.
    - after the reboot I made sure that OEM unlock, usb debugging and advanced reboot were enabled in developer options and rebooted to fastboot
    - I used the All in One Tool to flash stock recovery in fastboot, then manually rebooted
    - after the reboot I made sure that OEM unlock, usb debugging and advanced reboot were enabled in developer options and rebooted to recovery, to see if it had installed correctly - it did. I rebooted the phone (shut down by holding the power button)
    - after the reboot I made sure that OEM unlock, usb debugging and advanced reboot were enabled in developer options and rebooted to fastboot, then locked the bootloader using the All on One Tool (you then have to confirm the process using onscreen options which you have to select on the phone).

After which the Oneplus 3 softbricked (bootloop, but both fastboot and (stock) recovery were still accessible).

I then went into stock recovery, wiped data/cache under "install new firmware/advanced" - and then adb sideloaded (adb sideload pathandnameofpackage.zip) the stock firmware linked in here - the firmware installed fine and the phone got unbricked.

Which brings me to point

5. The tutorial in here says to type the package name into a command prompt to sideload the firmware - but in my case I had to type in adb sideload pathandnameofpackage.zip - of course, so either this is a typo, or the command prompt window the OP talks about is one that gets opened by some of the debrick tools, and just wants you to input the package name...?

Anyhow - reverting to stock firmware, recovery and relocking the bootloader now is possible If you should want to do it. :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016

Desertknight, Praty_28 and rkost like this.
  4. masaga91
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2016

5. Shadeone
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2016

Shadeone , Jun 28, 2016 :
    Dear all,

received my new oneplus 3 yesterday after work, synchronized contacts and apps with my google account ... fully charged the phone and then go out for diner.

Less than one hour later, the phone was "dead".

After looking forward i was happy to discover that my device is bricked and not dead at all.

I've installed the USB drivers without any problem, i'm using the "OnePlus3_Unbrick_Tool_Full" package. When i start the program, after a few seconds i have "Firehose communication handshake failed" or "Sahara communication failed"
    red error message.

i'm using windows 10

I've seen some people had the same problem, but stopped talking about it without any clear solution given, so i supose that maybe they've found the solution and did not take time to post it here ?

S O S ! :)

6. harlekinwashere
    Honeycomb Jun 28, 2016

gerardvanschip likes this.
  7. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Jun 28, 2016

Naman Bhalla , Jun 28, 2016 :
    That Sahara error mostly means that it is hardware fault and now you are better going to RMA.

8. nate0
    Froyo Jun 28, 2016

nate0 , Jun 28, 2016 :
    This is excellent. Great work you guys!

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  9. Geerifabian
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2016

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  10. Naman Bhalla

11. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Jun 28, 2016

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  12. abhishekgarg294
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 28, 2016

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  13. Naman Bhalla

Thanks.
    And Nopes. I am doing everything on a friend's phone. I haven't even ordered OP3 yet.

abhishekgarg294 likes this.
  14. abhishekgarg294
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 28, 2016

abhishekgarg294 , Jun 28, 2016 :
    Bro what about 3.1.3 update is that update is not for india?

15. Naman Bhalla

I don't think. Many OP3s are being shipped with 3.1.3 so I can't say anything for sure.

abhishekgarg294 likes this.
  16. ankitrav
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2016

ankitrav , Jul 12, 2016 :
    Hi,
    My phone is bricked and my laptop cannot detect my phone too. It's just vibrating, showing the logo and then power off. What shall I do?

17. martinusbe
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Jul 13, 2016

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  18. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Community Expert Recognized Developer Jul 13, 2016

Naman Bhalla , Jul 13, 2016 :
    Heehehee Did you brick ? But frankly, someone can do that as still device shows as Qualcomm on linux.

19. ch0p5t1ckb01
    Donut Jul 14, 2016

ch0p5t1ckb01 , Jul 14, 2016 :
    I had a remote session the other day as they tried to unbrick my phone unsuccessfully. The steps seem oddly familiar but has a few extra files... since my RMA request is going nowhere, I guess it wouldn't hurt to give this a try.

20. ch0p5t1ckb01
    Donut Jul 14, 2016