[GUIDE] Mega Unbrick Guide for A Hard Bricked OnePlus 5T

1. Titokhan Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

Titokhan, Jan 14, 2018 :
    Similar to the previous threads for OnePlus 2, OnePlus 3 (3T), OnePlus 5, here are the necessary packages to unbrick/revive a hard bricked OnePlus 5.

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=240901
    With the device powered off, hold Volume Up button to force it to boot to Qualcomm download mode.

For detailed procedures, please consult the linked threads above. There is no reason to repeat the same thing again.

Make sure the path of the extracted files doesn't contain any non-English character. The tool isn't unicode aware.

Source:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018

2. Titokhan Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

3. Rafael_Francisco_de_Abreu Cupcake Oct 21, 2018

Rafael_Francisco_de_Abreu, Oct 21, 2018 :
    Hello everyone, My Oneplus 5T on a simple reboot did not start any longer on the Logo screen. It also did not start recovery mode on the same screen, and also connected to the charger, not showing the battery icon loading only the damn frozen logo screen!

I never tried to do root or anything of the genre used it normally as an ordinary user.

I had to find some solution from Unbrick and found this from XDA.

In a first attempt did not always result in locking in the beginning of the download process, I imagined that the flash memory of the device should be defective but at my insistence I saw a "SMT download mode" that asked for a password and the size of the memory of the mobile phone ( in my case 128G), searching the internet I discovered this password that is "te123".

Finally I have resurrected my OP5T but now I have some serious problems that maybe it at the beginning may have caused the Brick.

The IMEI zeroed out should be normal seen the low level of the Unbrick process, maybe even lower using such "SMT". I can not find any definitive solution to restore the IMEI and before anyone asks it is obvious that I do not have backup of the EFS partition. I was able to change from 0 to root and using the IMEI Changer Applications with Xposed Installer which was the only method that worked partially because it finishes inserting the equal number in the two IMEIs besides returning to zero in each update.

And now after about 2 days of use I noticed some strange behavior of the device, so I went to do tests and realized that all the sensors do not work anymore (Accelerometer, luminosity, proximity, magnometer, compass, gyroscope, etc.)

I do not know what to do this very difficult to use the device in this way.

Vladimir_Cuevas likes this.
  4. Titokhan Honeycomb Oct 25, 2018

5. W1548432544597 Cupcake Jan 25, 2019

W1548432544597, Jan 25, 2019 :
    I have a 5T that is soft bricked (Shows logo, for a while and then reboots). This happened right after I updated to Oreo via the normal system upgrade in the phone. It was not rooted or anything.

Will this help? Importantly, will this wipe the phone data?
    Thanks

6. Titokhan Honeycomb Jan 26, 2019

7. W1548432544597 Cupcake Jan 26, 2019

8. John Wagner Eclair Jun 7, 2019

John Wagner, Jun 7, 2019 :
    I'm so glad that I own a OnePlus 5T, Crazy me I decided to install a mod and ended up bricking my device so I'm very happy now that I found this guide and it works flawless. Thank you guys.

Titokhan likes this.