OPX [GUIDE] Mega Unbrick Guide for A Hard Bricked OnePlus X

1. Swapnanil Sinha
    Donut Feb 12, 2019

Swapnanil Sinha , Feb 12, 2019 :
    If you flashed twrp then why did u flash magisk again?
    Are you able to go to twrp?

2. amanrattan
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2019

amanrattan , Jun 10, 2019 :
    Hi guys, I bought OPx with my first salary back in Nov '15 and in my opinion its the most gorgeous phone. Yes, still. I bricked it in '16. It was at 40% one moment and the next the device was off. No response to any button whatsoever. I did try a couple of things but alas, failed. Today I found the phone again while I was packing to move out. Now, I am not very adept at this but I was wondering if there was anyone who could help me find a solution to it or definitively say otherwise.
    Currently, there is no response if I press any buttons but whenever I connect it to the power adapter, a flickering red led lights up in the top right corner.
    Thanks in advance.

TLDR - there is no response if I press any buttons but whenever I connect it to the power adapter, a flickering red led lights up in the top right corner.

3. MoviStar46
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2019

4. MoviStar46
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2019

MoviStar46 , Aug 16, 2019 :
    For those people getting "Sahara Communication error" just hold volume up + power button at the same time when you get the error & the Msm Tool will start installing some more drivers & once it finishes, error goes away and it starts flashing the firmware. Please make sure that you are using the right version of the Msm Tool meant for your device or if you use the wrong version it just gets stuck in the "Sahara Communication error"

5. debbenSakye
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2019

debbenSakye , Sep 3, 2019 :
    After following Mega Unbrick guide.

My oneplus X has no os. so i cannot go to developer options to unlock oem.
    i can go to fastboot mode. but i cannot unlock oem "(remote: oem unlock is disabled)"
    i can't even flash twrp "(remote: Device not unlocked cannot flash or erase)"

i have used MsmDownloadTool V2.0 also but still i am stuck at oneplus logo while turning on the phone

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019

6. MoviStar46
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2019

MoviStar46 , Sep 3, 2019 :
    Follow the unbrick guide.

7. debbenSakye
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2019

8. inventaur
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2019

inventaur , Nov 12, 2019 :
    than you so much karlsteel, i have oneplus 5 and this actually saved my time by alot been trying to do stff since 3 days.. holding power up volume during boot up at switched off device while plugged in for msm tool with qload 9008 driver plugged it