[GUIDE] OnePlus 3/3T Unbrick

?

Seems like there are some problems with MSMDownloadTool in Windows 8.1, do you have any?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2017.
  1. Yes(please describe the problem in comments)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Minoharu Guest Apr 30, 2017

Minoharu, Apr 30, 2017 :
    [​IMG]
    WARNING! After unbricking you will have an outdated system, just sideload the latest ROM zip(instruction for how to do so can be found here)
    Preparations
    Disable your antivirus until the unbrick process is finished
    Download the unbrick tool for OnePlus 3 or for OnePlus 3T
    Download driver from here
    Unbrick process
    1 Unpack the tool files anywhere on your PC
    2 If you are using Windows 7 or higher then disable driver integrity check, in cmd(as administrator) type in:

Code:
    bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
    3 Power off your phone(I recommend to power off using fastboot menu(if can't access fastboot then just proceed to the step 4))
    4 Hold 'Volume Up Button' for at least 25 seconds(you can hold longer), while holding 'Volume Up Button' connect the phone to PC using USB cable, release the 'Volume Up Button' after the phone is being connected
    5 Open 'Device Manager'(press 'Windows key' + 'R' and type in 'devmgmt.msc')
    6 You should see the device recognized as 'QHUSB_BULK'
    7 Windows should install driver automatically if it doesn't then right click on 'QHUSB_BULK' choose 'Update Driver Software...' > 'Browse for driver software on your computer' > 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer' > 'Have Disk...' > 'Browse' > Navigate to the folder of unbrick tool and then choose 'driver' folder > choose 'qcser'
    8 After the installation is finished your device should be recognized as 'Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008'
    9 Navigate to the unbrick tool folder and run 'MsmDownloadTool V3.0' as Administrator
    10 Click 'Verify' in order to check if all the files are valid(optional)
    11 Under the 'Device Type' column there should be one entry contains 'COM Device' text
    12 Then just press 'Start' button and wait for the installation to complete

13 Unplug the phone when you see the green text in the MSMDownloadTool and turn you phone on
    14 Do not forget to enable drivers signature verification back,to do so, in cmd type:
    Code:
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF

15 Do not forget to turn your antivirus back on
    Enjoy your working device(also, do not forget to sideload the latest firmware) :3

Solving problems
    If your device is recognized in Device Manager as 900E then:
    1 Right click on 900E then choose on the 'Update Driver Software'
    2 Then follow this steps 'Browse for driver software on your computer' > 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer' > Uncheck 'Show compatible hardware' > On the left side choose 'Qualcomm Incorporated' on the right side scroll down to 'Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006' > Click 'Yes' and wait for the installation to finish
    3 Your device now should be recognized as 'Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006' in Device Manager
    4 Unplug your device
    5 Then hold 'Volume Up Button' + 'Power button' for at least 25 seconds(longer - better) and while holding these button connect you phone to PC
    6 Now your device should be recognized as 'Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008'
    If you have md5 error after the unbrick process ended then:
    1 Retry the steps from 3 to 12 several times unless your phone boots up
    2 If step 1 didn't help then try to change PC
    If you have 'Sahara communication failed' error then:
    1 Try using another port on your PC
    2 Try to hold 'Volume Up Button' a bit longer before connecting(see step 4)
    There are some compatibility issues with MSM, so if you get MD5 verification error, just change the PC and try again

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2017

2. Minoharu Guest Apr 30, 2017

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017

G_Brian_Wilmot_kTDj likes this.
  3. Minoharu Guest May 2, 2017

G_Brian_Wilmot_kTDj likes this.
  4. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator May 9, 2017

rarog, May 9, 2017 :
    @Egor Gunko
    Thx (спасибi or спасибо), for this detailed thread. I've pinned it.
    I'd like to to add 2 additional informations.

1) If in step 2 you show, how to disable driver checks, you should also add a step to re-enable them after the device is unbricked, because it's a meaningful and important security measure.
    1a) I think this doesn't work on non-pure PC systems, so if somebody is unlucky to have Windows RT, he should move on to a real PC with "normal" Windows.
    2) At least on Pro editions of Windows (not sure about Home) there is an advanced boot option to boot with disabled driver signature. This way you don't have to fiddle with enabling and disabling this. On the next reboot it's all back to normal.

bart877ie, Sun90, SoniaB and 2 others like this.
  5. twentyfourinc Gingerbread May 10, 2017

6. chase90 Froyo May 10, 2017

chase90, May 10, 2017 :
    So many steps and counter-steps if there were mis-steps. If we gonna use the phone in download mode, why can't you just flash the firmware using adb? Why use a programme tool?

7. Minoharu Guest May 10, 2017

Minoharu, May 10, 2017 :
    This guide is for the hard bricked phone
    For example, you can't access recovery and/or fastboot
    Also, you are a bit wrong, it's not a download mode, it's Qualcomm EDL mode
    I mean this guide is useful for users who can't access recovery/fastboot, can't flash anything, have problems with adb sideloading etc.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017

8. G_whatsapp_video_RADO Cupcake May 13, 2017

9. alexphl Gingerbread May 13, 2017

alexphl, May 13, 2017 :
    @Egor Gunko
    Man, is that an Everlasting Summer art? On a pinned 1+ forums post? whoa, okay, alright

Great guide btw, can imagine how much time that took you, instant thumbs up

10. Minoharu Guest May 13, 2017

Minoharu, May 13, 2017 :
    Yeah, it's Everlasting Summer :3

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017

11. Amber sachdeva Cupcake May 20, 2017

Amber sachdeva, May 20, 2017 :
    hi iam amber I was trying to unroot my op3t I locked the boot loader by fastboot oem lock but after that my phone restarted and it started flickering oneplus logo my booloader was locked so I am not able to flash twrp or unlock the bootloader cant even access my recovery when I try this method it says sahara failed I tred using different ports but I did not work plzz help my fb account is amber sachdeva .

12. Minoharu Guest May 20, 2017

Minoharu, May 20, 2017 :
    Hey, I wrote you a private message, would you like to provide your FB profile link?

13. Amber sachdeva Cupcake May 21, 2017

14. Amber sachdeva Cupcake May 21, 2017

15. RY4N75 Jelly Bean May 28, 2017

RY4N75, May 28, 2017 :
    You will have a better chance of success using this by disabling your anti virus and firewall

16. Minoharu Guest May 28, 2017

Minoharu, May 28, 2017 :
    Antivirus doesn't affect the process in any way :3
    Tested with Avast, ESET and Dr. Web

17. RY4N75 Jelly Bean May 28, 2017

RY4N75, May 28, 2017 :
    I have bit defender and I tried 5 or 6 times and it would not work. Disabled it and it worked first time. Even oneplus recommend disabling your anti virus if they need to do a remote session to reinstall the OS

18. Minoharu Guest May 28, 2017

Minoharu, May 28, 2017 :
    Thanks for letting me to know, I'll update the thread ^-^

RY4N75 likes this.
  19. G_Carlos_Quevedo_PRHC Froyo May 29, 2017

20. arminth Honeycomb Jun 2, 2017

arminth, Jun 2, 2017 :
    @Egor Gunko

Thx for the post!

From a logical point of view, Step 4 is missing "pushing Power on button" parallel to pushing volume up for 25 seconds.

Cheers

Armin