[GUIDE] OnePlus 3/3T Unbrick

?

Seems like there are some problems with MSMDownloadTool in Windows 8.1, do you have any?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2017.
  1. Yes(please describe the problem in comments)

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Yaduvanshi_sagar Cupcake Jan 1, 2019

2. genialmaniac Cupcake Jan 11, 2019

genialmaniac, Jan 11, 2019 :
    Hello,

here's my story about this:
    - as soon as my phone was going out of battery, it was really long to restart (I got to press the power button for a while before it finally starts)
    - sometimes it was booting to recovery and showing me a screen with a password to fill (password I never had, I learned after it's because partition is encrypted, I never asked for that, I tried my sim pin, my schema translated to digits, no success)
    - to note: I came from an original OxygenOs, I never rooted my phone, neither unlocked my bootloader, everything seems to have started with one of those firmware update of oneplus, it encrypted my partition and problems started
    - lately, I could not have it started again so I said myself it was time to reset to factory defaults (for the first time in more than 2 years) and follow this guideline.
    - I so downloaded all the necessary, boot in download mode and use the msmdownloadtool as required.
    - phone booted again but phone communication are gone, indeed, my IMEI are both wiped.

this is the end of the story, I tried several things since, with different flavors of msmdownloadtool found there and there, without any success. Now on, my phone does not boot anymore, stuck on oneplus logo forever, I was forced to change.

Thanks OnePlus for this scheduled obsolescence, I have to change my phone after only 2,5 years, I'm seriously pissed off.
    I understand you make good efforts to keep up-to-date your old models, but if it's to destroy them that way, stop it please, only provide security fixes and over.
    I now even ask myself if that - available to all - guide is not there only to kill the remaining oneplus on the market, wipping IMEI is a good solution...

No thanks & Regards

G.

3. C1547370413033 Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

C1547370413033, Jan 13, 2019 :
    Good day, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with OnePlus products, but, you need to know that by following this guide you take all of the responsibility. This guide is public, it really can help (and helped a lot of people), but it has never been marked as official by OnePlus team, so it is community driven, that's why, as I already said, you take all of the responsibility by following this guide, that's why it has nothing to do with OnePlus.

P.S. Actually, that's the first time I hear about a problem you described, and unbrick process never wiped an IMEI, till now at least

4. genialmaniac Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

genialmaniac, Jan 13, 2019 :
    your last comment is very strange because I saw other people with the same situation, IMEI gone after full flash from download mode. Also why don't provide latest msmdownloadtool to the community ? For exmaple there is OnePlus3_16_A.67_180816 online, but password protected, why ?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

5. genialmaniac Cupcake Jan 17, 2019

genialmaniac, Jan 17, 2019 :
    Hi there,

I continue my story, I was finally able to start the os again! I used
    OnePlus3_Unbrick Firmware_(By Sonu Ansari 786)
    package, commented out the userdata and system partitions in the rawprogram0/4.xml. I was finally able to boot in recovery, format cache/data (I could not do that anymore, was crashing each time), flashed a beta oxygenos via adb sideload and suddenly oxygenos boot, apparently the beta is not upgradable via OTA :(

Problem remained, I had no more IMEI. I so flashed a qcn file with help of QFIL (part of QPST), qcn was mainly done for oneplus 3T but after all connectivity were back again anyway!

Now I tried to upgrade to a higher oxygenos version but I failed and I'm in the boot loop again.... I tried the procedure again but it does not work. it seems the partitions are corrupted again so.

6. genialmaniac Cupcake Feb 2, 2019

acetone802000 likes this.
  7. acetone802000 Froyo Feb 2, 2019

8. K1549274602294 Cupcake Feb 4, 2019

K1549274602294, Feb 4, 2019 :
    Hi,
    I keep getting stuck on 'Sahara Communication Failed£-Please try again after power off phone'
    Th phone seems off non responsive cant get into fast boot (apart from freak accident boots) and when it does turn on normally results in boot loop.

thanks
    J

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019