[GUIDE] OnePlus 3: How to Unlock Bootloader, Flash TWRP, Root, Nandroid & EFS Backup and More !

1. G_Adam_Emerson_pqWG
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

G_Adam_Emerson_pqWG , Mar 9, 2017 :
    Okay, I fixed the boot issue and also managed to reinstall the latest version of SuperSU from the pre-rooted Nandroid backup. However I still have the same problem. The exact error I am getting from Total Commander is:

Re-mount error! mount:'/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system'->'/system': Device or resource busy

Not sure what to do at this point.

EDIT: I got it working with a combination of MagiskSU and Root Tools. No other app or command would remount my device. DayDream is now running on my phone, but I also have issues with apps open in full screen mode instead of stereoscopic.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017

2. vinid223
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2017

3. PCesar.Cercal
    KitKat Mar 12, 2017

PCesar.Cercal , Mar 12, 2017 :
    I have the same problem. Isto try put twrp 3.1.0 orçamento 3.0.4-1 and dont start. Askeme for password to start sistem. Help me please

4. ere_maisa
    Cupcake Mar 13, 2017

ere_maisa , Mar 13, 2017 :
    can u just make video about OP3 rooting ? and upload on youtube or send it to us somehow ?

5. Dieter414
    Cupcake Mar 14, 2017

Dieter414 , Mar 14, 2017 :
    Hey, can anybody help me out? It said twrp flash succesful and when i go into recovery mode for the first time twrp comes up. But when i try to go into recovery mode afterwards it just gets me to the stock recovery, instead of twrp. Any suggetions?

6. Mawoyou
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2017

Mawoyou , Mar 25, 2017 :
    Thanks for the steps. to bad that you cannot get rid of startup message about the device being unlock.

7. paialnik
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2017

paialnik , Apr 6, 2017 :
    Hi,

I bought a used device Oneplus 3 A3000 with Oxygen 4.0.3

When I try "fastboot oem unlock"

it gives me "FAILED, Remote, OEM unlock is not allowed"

Seems like I got the FRP. And I dont have any contacts of the seller :((

Is it possible to do something?

Thank you

8. sambathar
    Eclair Apr 8, 2017

sambathar , Apr 8, 2017 :
    I have a very big doubt for a long time

Can we flash the ota through Twrp
    I mean manual flashing
    Not automatic
    Please help

9. mboushi
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2017

10. OPF
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2017

OPF , Apr 24, 2017 :
    [​IMG]

Device bootloader locked. Phone Not booting & recovery mode also not working. Only can access fastboot. I already tried OP3 Unbricked Tool (Full). Had a remote session with OnePlus. Both not sucess. Can someone help me pls to unlock the bootloader.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017

11. OPF
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2017

OPF , Apr 25, 2017 :
    [​IMG]
    md5 checksum error showing modem failed in red color. When I try to manual flash I got an error (remote: Partion flashing is not allowed) Any solution please?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017

12. G_Atish_Ojha_SImF
    Donut Apr 28, 2017

13. ioruiyw12
    Cupcake May 1, 2017

ioruiyw12 , May 1, 2017 :
    Hi,
    I want to buy a new phone and I think to buy Oneplus 3T. I think I will use your guide to root my phone. I just need to know this: will I still be able to get OTA updates after rooting with stock ROM. Thanks

14. Findu
    Cupcake May 5, 2017

Findu , May 5, 2017 :
    yes, i have rooted 3 times and you can always downdload the oxygen recovery and the latest stable version of OOS

15. yogaraj419
    Eclair May 24, 2017

16. HellbillyDeluxe
    Honeycomb May 24, 2017

17. Deactivated User
    May 24, 2017

18. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator May 24, 2017

youbi , May 24, 2017 :
    Threads merged. I'm sure here you will find a good guide for that. ;)

19. smenon1
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2017

smenon1 , Jun 1, 2017 :
    I'm a newbie to rooting my phone. I followed the guide in the OP, and everything worked fine. When I was finally done, I checked to see if my phone was rooted, and it was not.

I know that the bootloader is unlocked from the initial message I get upon launching the phone now. I installed the SuperSU.zip file via the recovery screen, and it was successful and rebooted. But I have no root access.

The phone appears fine aside from the lack of root access. Any advice on things I should check or run to address this issue? Thanks so much for the help.

20. smenon1
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2017

smenon1 , Jun 1, 2017 :
    Okay, I reinstalled the SuperSU zip file 3 times, and for whatever reason, the 3rd time was the charm. Root is working just fine on my phone. Perhaps opening the SuperSU app before doing anything else on the phone made a difference? Perhaps I'll never know.