[GUIDE] OnePlus 3T: How to Unlock Bootloader | Flash TWRP | Root | Nandroid & EFS Backup and More !!

1. Cervantes KitKat Moderator May 6, 2018

Cervantes, May 6, 2018 :
    This image is what you see
    https://ibb.co/gmNwb7

2. RaoulW86 Cupcake May 7, 2018

RaoulW86, May 7, 2018 :
    Some more context:
    The phone was working fine, ran out of power, rechardged it, turned it on and than the starting screen was completely different than normal.
    It was asking for a pin in a different way than normal (completely black screen with only one line that was asking for my pincode).
    Now I have entered a wrong pin code a million times hoping it would ask for my google inlog in the end, but it didn't.
    Now I'm trying to reboot this thing but when I do that and enter my sim's pin it starts the phone in flight mode (it wasnt in flight mode when it ran out of battery) and when i swipe the phone for unlocking it it says in another completely black screed 'decoding failed'. The password you've given is correct, but your data is damaged. So if you want to use your phone again you have to reset it to company settings..Would be really awesome if someone could help cause this is pretty frustrating.

3. RaoulW86 Cupcake May 7, 2018

4. Praty_28 Jelly Bean May 7, 2018

Praty_28, May 7, 2018 :
    Thats because of require pin at boot option. Are you sure you did not set any pin? Are you able to boot into recovery mode?

5. Praty_28 Jelly Bean May 7, 2018

Praty_28, May 7, 2018 :
    Damn thats sad. This is the only reason why i decrypt my device the very first day. Due to complete encryption of data you cannot access it no matter what if something goes wrong. I'm afraid there's no other way out of this you have to reset it via recovery.

6. RaoulW86 Cupcake May 7, 2018

RaoulW86, May 7, 2018 :
    Ok thank you, could you please tell me how that's done?

7. BobbyVK Lollipop May 7, 2018

BobbyVK, May 7, 2018 :
    Long press power + volume down, you will boot to recovery mode. select English, headover to advanced & factory reset or go to wipe data + cache & wipe data

Praty_28 likes this.
  8. RaoulW86 Cupcake May 7, 2018

RaoulW86, May 7, 2018 :
    Ah, I was afraid it was going to be that one ;) Ok, I'm giving it a try

9. RaoulW86 Cupcake May 7, 2018

RaoulW86, May 7, 2018 :
    So just to dubbelcheck: 'erase everything' is my only option?

10. BobbyVK Lollipop May 7, 2018

BobbyVK, May 7, 2018 :
    If you can't get past the boot-up PIN, that's your only go. I hope you had the backup atleast to your GDrive

11. Trevor.Hawkes Honeycomb May 16, 2018

Trevor.Hawkes, May 16, 2018 :
    I have a strange fault that I hope someone can help with.
    I have been running Lineage for a while but now want to go back to Oxygen.
    I have the necessary files on the phone to install oxygen or lineage and gapps. I also have an Oxygen backup taken before I flashed lineage.
    I have wiped and installed Oxygen, successfully according to TWRP, but then the phone refuses to boot because there is no operating system, it tells me. I then wiped and installed the backup and again it tells me there is no operating system. After a few tries I gave up and flashed Lineage again. The phone then booted up happily.
    Later I wiped and tried again with the same results.
    Anyone able to help me out and tell me what I need to do here.

12. Praty_28 Jelly Bean May 16, 2018

Praty_28, May 16, 2018 :
    Maybe your twrp is not up to date try updating your twrp and flash again.

13. Trevor.Hawkes Honeycomb May 16, 2018

Only downloaded a fresh copy the week before last. The reason was that I bricked my phone by following the TWRP update process on the forum somewhere.
    Is there a version number that I can check before trying to update it. I have looked for one but not found anything.

14. Praty_28 Jelly Bean May 16, 2018

Praty_28, May 16, 2018 :
    try blu spark twrp. To flash goto install>>install image>>filename of recovery>> swipe to install.

15. Trevor.Hawkes Honeycomb May 16, 2018

I just found the version number of my copy. 3.2.1-0.
    That's the latest so going off to find blu spark and give that a try.

When I bricked my phone recently I am sure I had used the upgrade path as you've written it but maybe I got something wrong.

16. Praty_28 Jelly Bean May 16, 2018

Praty_28, May 16, 2018 :
    When you get no os installed warning did you try to reboot to system and see if it boots?

17. Praty_28 Jelly Bean May 16, 2018

Praty_28, May 16, 2018 :
    Yeah give it a try and report back.

18. Trevor.Hawkes Honeycomb May 16, 2018

Yes. It went to the Bootloader and from there you could get to r
    Recovery .

With Blu Spark I got the same results.
    However I had an earlier backup that I hadn't tried and that worked fine. It took TWRP away and put back standard recover but at least I got back to Oxygen.
    The only thing I can think of is that the non Blu Spark version of TWRP somehow corrupted the downloads and back ups when I tried to load them and that when I put the untried backup in using Blu Spark it didn't get corrupted.
    Strange.
    Ah well .thanks for you help with that. Blu Spark for me in future .

Praty_28 likes this.
  19. asoileau83 Cupcake May 27, 2018

asoileau83, May 27, 2018 :
    Please help. I was following your steps up until after you load the no-verity-opt-encyrpt, then it says to wipe data so I did that. Then I lost the SuperSU install and had to get it loaded via OTG. Now I'm getting "failed to mount /data" errors everywhere apparently because the internal storage is now wiped. (apparently wiping the data is not what I wanted to do.)

When I turn on my phone now it gives an error that says "dm-verity is not started in enforcing mode and may not work properly.". Then it boots to TWRP 3.1.1.x blu spark. I'm not sure what to do next.

20. Praty_28 Jelly Bean May 27, 2018

Praty_28, May 27, 2018 :
    Are you sure you pressed the format data button?