[GUIDE] OnePlus 5: How to Unlock Bootloader | Flash TWRP | Root | Nandroid & EFS Backup and More !!

1. IzunaKatsu Cupcake Feb 20, 2018

IzunaKatsu, Feb 20, 2018 :
    This guide doesn't work at all for me. There's no way to 'install' adb or fastboot without the screen flashing and going away.

Devices aren't coming up at all, and I've tried various other tools to install these unspecified drivers that I need either.

This guide is very lacking in detail when it comes to obtaining the correct drivers and setup.

2. just_oneplusone Cupcake Mar 7, 2018

3. L23de Cupcake Apr 4, 2018

L23de, Apr 4, 2018 :
    When I try installing the ADB and Fastboot application from the steps prior to bootloader unlocking, I get 'Access denied' when I run it (Refer to picture). How should I proceed from here? Thank you very much!

Attached Files:

4. AlexandreP Honeycomb Apr 8, 2018

AlexandreP, Apr 8, 2018 :
    Hi! -- You have to run the installer as administrator to proper install ADB and Fastboot.

5. Notto Donut Apr 14, 2018

Notto, Apr 14, 2018 :
    OK so followed the guide and phone boots to black screen with white led.

I can get into TWRP.

also has slighly annoying bootloader (oem) unlocked warning message.

What am i missing here?

So basically i had to reflash back to stock and re do it.

Using Magisk for the Root and it works.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018

6. Wackencorpse Jelly Bean May 3, 2018

Wackencorpse, May 3, 2018 :
    I got a little problem right now and I don't know the solution, perhaps someone can help me out. I got an open bootloader and flashed the newest [black themed] codeworkx twrp, magisk v16.0 and got the newest OxygenOS OpenBeta right now. Everytime I open TWRP I got the message: "Failed to mount /Vendor (invalid argument)".

Can someone explain this to me and tell me how to solve?

7. AlexandreP Honeycomb May 3, 2018

AlexandreP, May 3, 2018 :
    Hi! -- You can ignore this message.

Codeworkx's TWRP has been updated to take into account a "/vendor" partition if it exists on the device. The "/vendor" partition is created only if you ever flash a ROM that would unofficially enable Project Treble on your device (at the moment, only MoKee Treble can be enabled when flashing OxygenOS 5.1.5 and later, and OOS Open Beta 13 and later). That way, TWRP is able to manage a trebelized OP5/OP5T.

If your device is not Treble-compatible (read: you have never flashed MoKee OOS 5.1.5+ or OOS OB14+), then the "/vendor" partition does not exist, thus TWRP cannot mount it. So you can simply ignore the message.

Read more here and here.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018

Wackencorpse likes this.
  8. G_pradip_sonara_WFiV Cupcake Jul 14, 2018

9. Waveform Modifier Lollipop Jul 14, 2018

10. MentalDraco Lollipop Jul 14, 2018

borft likes this.
  11. Cervantes Lollipop Moderator Jul 14, 2018

Cervantes, Jul 14, 2018 :
    Please read the first post
    You can review the forum or use the theme search

G_pradip_sonara_WFiV likes this.
  12. bigjailerman Cupcake Aug 27, 2018

bigjailerman, Aug 27, 2018 :
    Hi guys, I don't know if it's stated before but having a bit of difficulty. I can connect my opo5 to ADB on laptop (Windows 10), but cannot connect to fastboot. I try rebooting phone into bootloader, the os, booting phone into bootloader through ADB, restarted the laptop, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, downloaded ADB tools. And never connected to fastboot. I installed adb/fastboot several times using admin privileges. I even put it in different folder. Again ADB connects, not fastboot. Phone is set correctly debugging .One unlocking etc. . Any help is greatly appreciated. Trying to unlock bootloader and install twrp... Should be easy lol

13. npatelli96 Honeycomb Oct 19, 2018

npatelli96, Oct 19, 2018 :
    For my part, I'm unable to mount the storage with TWRP 3.2.3-0, but it works fine with 3.2.1-1 ;)

14. Crystalceo Cupcake Dec 24, 2018

15. Matias Lioni Cupcake Apr 24, 2019

Matias Lioni, Apr 24, 2019 :
    Hi, my oneplus5 turned the screen freeze yesterday. So, I can't unlock bootloader becouse I can't type my password code. Is there any way to unlock my phone?? I'm desesperate because I haven't enought money to buy a new phone. Thanks for your help and sorry about my bad english, I'm just learning the language haha

16. Shahzeb_Pathan Cupcake May 16, 2019

Shahzeb_Pathan, May 16, 2019 :
    i am using oos 5.1.7(8.1 oreo) when i am flashing magisk it show "updater process ended with error 1"
    help me