[Guide] OnePlus 6T [Fajita] : Unlock Bootloader | Flash TWRP | Root | Nandroid & EFS Backup !!

1. Dashton591
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2018

Dashton591 , Nov 10, 2018 :
    Thanks for your advice!
    I managed to fix it by using different img and zip files in the downloads from the guide I followed.
    TWRP is staying now as it should do, now I'm just waiting patiently for some Android Pie supported Magisk Modules! :D

Gurrrrrrrrra likes this.
  2. Gurrrrrrrrra
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2018

Gurrrrrrrrra , Nov 10, 2018 :
    Glad to hear that U fixed it. I'm waiting for Xposed! [e]1f60d[/e]

Dashton591 likes this.
  3. Dashton591
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2018

Dashton591 , Nov 10, 2018 :
    That would be amazing! Although do you not think that in a way Magisk is sort of competing with Xposed with the modules aspect? The Dev for Xposed is fairly quiet when it comes to ETA's etc so I'm not so sure how soon we'd expect to see an Android Pie release.

4. vijay_lalwani
    Honeycomb Nov 10, 2018

vijay_lalwani , Nov 10, 2018 :
    I bricked my phone.

i have rooted my phone with magisk manager and i don't have any custom recovery installed but my phone was working fine since last 10 days(i flashed it on 1st November). I even did a system update to 9.0.5 and rooted it again and all went fine until today. when i was rebooting my phone i decided to press the power key when the unlocked bootloader warning showed up and since then it isn't responding to anything, I tried holding the power button for 15 seconds and power+ volume down, power+ volume up, power+ both volume buttons but its not responding at all.

My battery was just 17% when i decided to reboot and it has been 3-4 hrs, i am still waiting my phone battery to drain out so that i could somehow access fastboot but i think it will work fine unless i press the power button again during the warning screen.

So my advice to everyone is to not press power button during the warning message or you might also end up in the same situation. And if you have done it in the past and your phone still works please let me know.

Edit: i have done some rough calculations and it shows that my phone will take about 40 hrs to discharge completely and the real issue i am worried about is that there will be a BURN-IN on my display if its going take so long

please someone help me regarding this issue and ask your friends if they can help. I dont want burn-in marks on a my phone so early.

I tried creating a thread but it shows i dont have the permissions.

Attached Files:

5. Akshith1005
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2018

Akshith1005 , Nov 11, 2018 :
    I rooted my phone today and it worked well then I installed a magisk module called "Oxy mod" and and later uninstalled it and rebooted my oneplus 6T. It is stuck in bootanimation. I accessed device storage using pc and all folders names are changed. What should i do know?

6. vijay_lalwani
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2018

vijay_lalwani , Nov 11, 2018 :
    that means all your files are encrypted and pc can't read your device contents.

What you need to do is download the stock files and install everything via fastboot.

Akshith1005 likes this.
  7. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 17, 2018

Funk Wizard , Nov 17, 2018 :
    Is it solved ?

8. vijay_lalwani
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2018

vijay_lalwani , Nov 17, 2018 :
    yes, I approached OnePlus service centre and they were somehow able to flash stock ROM back to the phone

9. SamZ75
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2018

SamZ75 , Nov 20, 2018 :
    Hey guys.. sorry but I do not know what to do.
    I flash the twrp bluspark but every time I try to make a backup it tells me impossible to create backup folder. How can I do? Thank you

10. vijay_lalwani
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2018

vijay_lalwani , Nov 21, 2018 :
    right now the twrp is not able to access OnePlus 6t phone properly you need to wait for a official release of OnePlus 6t twrp

11. cmaranhao
    Cupcake Nov 22, 2018

cmaranhao , Nov 22, 2018 :
    I am following this guide here to root oneplus 6t (european variant), 9.0.5 Android:

https://www.xda-developers.com/onepl...otloader-root/

bootloader is unlocked and I can see there is a positive connection between phone and PC by checking the output on adb devices and fastboot devices. both work as intended.

the problem is that when I try to adb sideload, it says that I need version 1.0.32. so this means I cannot flash the custom recovery.

any tips? been looking online for quite some time now and cannot figure out what to do anymore. where can I find this 1.0.32 adb version?

I am a long time user on nexus 5 and just bought this phone, want to root it aswell. (note: this does not mean I have high level of knowledge on these types of hacks, just wanted to have this clear.)

12. J_Parth_Patel_120595
    Gingerbread Nov 25, 2018

13. Nsane457
    Cupcake Nov 26, 2018

Nsane457 , Nov 26, 2018 :
    This happened to me before and I discovered that I had to disconnect the USB cable from the phone before forcibly rebooting.

14. vijay_lalwani
    Honeycomb Nov 26, 2018

vijay_lalwani , Nov 26, 2018 :
    removing the cable didn't work for me. I visited the service centre and they flashed the stock ROM.

15. Patman75
    KitKat Nov 27, 2018

16. mansi0312
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2018

mansi0312 , Dec 12, 2018 :
    Hey how did you manage to take nandroid backup? I'm using blu spark twrp v9.86 and it gives error.

Can not create '/data/media/0 TWRP' folder (Required key not available). Failed to make backup folder.

I think it's because my phone is encrypted. Can you tell how to take a nandroid backup, i have tried taking backup with and without pattern on the phone.

17. skygarden
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2018

skygarden , Dec 21, 2018 :
    Any way to unbrick oneplus 6t ?
    i receive my mclaren from china set , i follow same step as my thunder purple 6t , copy zip file to the phone , click update .
    For the thunder purple is done and can be use ,
    but my mclaren totally die , plug in cable direct in port 9008

18. skygarden
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2018

19. MarkoBatrac
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 24, 2018

20. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Dec 28, 2018