[Guide] YOG4PAS3JL Proper Way To Remove TrueDialer.. Get The GoogleDialer Backk..

1. REDSON28
    Honeycomb Nov 18, 2015

REDSON28 , Nov 18, 2015 :
    Ok guys i followed numerous guides to install GoogleDialer but all have failed, the moment yu uninstall\disable TrueDialer and reboot your phone.. its will force reboot when yu dial any number.
    if you keep TrueDialer along with GoogleDialer their incallui will overlap each other.
    So i modded the TrueDialer to be a background service without appearing in the app drawer nor in the incallui.

Screenshot_2015-11-18-13-31-19.png

TO DO THIS YOUR PHONE HAS TO BE ROOTED WITH AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER AND A CUSTOM RECOVERY INSTALLED.

WARNING:

I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong. It is your device and anything you do, is at your own risk!
    make a nandroid backup before yu proceed.

1. Download GoogleDialer .

2. Flash The GoogleDialer.zip via twrp or cwm. this will install the GoogleDialer with its lib files.

3. Install Titanium Backup from Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&hl=en.

3. Download the modded Truedialer from here. this is a titanium backup file, just extract the zip to the backup folder of titanium. i couldn't make a working flashable zip of it.. so this is the only working way.

4. Open titanium Backup, refresh.. search for "dialer" tap it, Un-Install.. after that, choose Restore.. then restore APP ONLY!.

Screenshot_2015-11-18-13-31-56.png

5. reboot your phone, Done!

2. Quartz85
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2015

Quartz85 , Nov 20, 2015 :
    hi, finally works!!! I had to disable first the application and then restore with Titanium.

Sorry google translator

moe2244 and Gaurav Rohilla like this.
  3. elwood_
    Froyo Nov 20, 2015

elwood_ , Nov 20, 2015 :
    I'm going to give this a shot. I used the other tutorial and it does seem that TD is still active in some sense because i received a call just now and TD asked if i wanted to upload my contacts from within the google dialer.

So, since i already flashed GD, i just need to freeze/disable then uninstall TD from TiBackup, then restore your version of TD, correct?

moe2244 likes this.
  4. elwood_
    Froyo Nov 20, 2015

elwood_ , Nov 20, 2015 :
    Ok, so I 'froze' TD dialer (dialer 5.1.1_25) in TiBackup and did a few tests and i haven't noticed any negative effects yet. I'll try that for a few days and just keep it frozen if nothing negative happens.

moe2244 likes this.
  5. REDSON28
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2015

REDSON28 , Nov 21, 2015 :
    plz report back :)

6. elwood_
    Froyo Nov 21, 2015

elwood_ , Nov 21, 2015 :
    I placed/received around 6-7 calls today and there was no issues. No overlay on the Google dialer UI or anything. I will keep it this way for now and will report if any negative effects happen.

moe2244 likes this.
  7. elwood_
    Froyo Nov 28, 2015

elwood_ , Nov 28, 2015 :
    Well, so much for that...I tried to make numerous calls over the past few days and my phone would instantly reboot when i hit "call". I tried clearing the dialer app cache/data but that didn't work. I had to unfreeze TD and i was finally able to make a call. I guess i may try the modified version of TD now.

It really infuriates me that we cannot easily get rid of this garbage.

8. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 28, 2015

Ceasedd , Nov 28, 2015 :
    Cool,I hate TrueDialer.

moe2244 likes this.
  9. ruben94403
    Froyo Nov 28, 2015

ruben94403 , Nov 28, 2015 :
    Thanks!, just did this and have Google Dialer back.

moe2244 likes this.
  10. REDSON28
    Honeycomb Nov 29, 2015

REDSON28 , Nov 29, 2015 :
    great! :D i've been using it for 2 weeks now with no issues :)

11. Yaffle
    Froyo Nov 30, 2015

Yaffle , Nov 30, 2015 :
    Thanks for this, much better than Truedialer although I do sometimes end up with either two call icons in the status bar or the Truedialer incall screen. Seems to be random.

12. REDSON28
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2015

REDSON28 , Dec 1, 2015 :
    did yu delete the stock truedialer and restore mine thru titaniumB?

13. Yaffle
    Froyo Dec 1, 2015

Yaffle , Dec 1, 2015 :
    Yes I did. I reflashed the stock ROM and tried again. It looks as if Titanium wasn't removing the original APK even though it reported it had. I've tried manually removing the original APK and then installing your modified version and it now only shows the one call icon and the Google dialler but the incall screen is now the CM version. I'll keep having a play to see if I can figure out what I've done wrong.

14. Davo57
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2015

Davo57 , Dec 8, 2015 :
    Thanks moe, great to be rid of Nextdialer! :D

Just to be clear, what we're complaining about is Nextdialer, the stock Cyanogen dialer. It works with Truedialer, but they are two different things. Truedialer is what gives Nextdialer its ability to do caller ID and to violate your contacts' privacy without them knowing about it. It's easy to uninstall; I did that long ago. Nextdialer is the dialer itself, with it's poor, difficult to use UI.

15. Yaffle
    Froyo Dec 8, 2015

Yaffle , Dec 8, 2015 :
    Sorry, that's what I meant. I got the name wrong.I uninstalled Truedialer when it was first introduced.

16. elwood_
    Froyo Dec 8, 2015

elwood_ , Dec 8, 2015 :
    I never did try the modded Truedialer. To be honest, i'm not a fan of things running in the background that i have no use for.

I ended up installing sultanxda's CM12.1 ROM. He completely removes a lot of bloat and BS such as truecaller/nextdialer and useless services and there's a ton of bug fixes. My GPS works correctly now, my signal strength is back to XNPH05Q levels or better. In-call mic volume/distortion is fixed. Headphone volume fixed. No more random reboots 2-4x/week. OTA updates. And better battery life.

It's really what stock CM should be.

Robert Powers likes this.
  17. c4cyro
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2015

c4cyro , Dec 19, 2015 :
    worked for me. i had to freeze the existing dialer(dialernext) and then only it worked.

18. nilachandan
    Froyo Dec 21, 2015

moe2244 likes this.
  19. Yaffle
    Froyo Dec 21, 2015

Yaffle , Dec 21, 2015 :
    I've redone it again after dirty flashing the last update and this time it's worked perfectly so it's obviously something I'd done wrong.

Many thanks.

moe2244 likes this.
  20. agntlgn
    Eclair Dec 28, 2015

agntlgn , Dec 28, 2015 :
    I just wanted to confirm that this worked for me as well, following the instructions in the OP. The TrueDialer app was driving me nuts. Thanks to all involved!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015

moe2244 likes this.