H+ and no LTE on MetroPCS

1. randywhorton
    Froyo Jun 7, 2018

randywhorton , Jun 7, 2018 :
    most of metro pcs is cdma and not gsm. better to change to T-Mobile or Walmart the price is equal or better.

2. julyprum
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2018

julyprum , Jun 9, 2018 :
    some people are having luck moving the SIM to the SIM2 slot. did you tried that?

3. junito91
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2018

4. jasonarima
    Gingerbread Jun 10, 2018

jasonarima , Jun 10, 2018 :
    Have you called MetroPCS customer center? I heard their Sim is binded with the device's IMEI. Some may even have no service.
    1528589001492.jpg

love1plus1specs likes this.
  5. Papaupe
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2018

Papaupe , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Tengo el mismo problema con ClaroPR, tenia el 5T y no tuve problemas

6. Hoots2
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2018

Hoots2 , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Go to Playstore and download 4G LTE. Open after install, this puts you into all the bands. Experiment till you find the band that works.

love1plus1specs likes this.
  7. love1plus1specs
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2018

love1plus1specs , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Originally, I went to metro pcs store, they hooked me up with 60 megs a sec downloads (off-peak) then I started to mess with *#*#4636#*#* messed stuff up...3g...for a day, took sim out, no service when I reincert sim... Like 4 days of hell... I've got lte back, just not those speeds I had... I'm in a huge dispute with metropcs since 3g... Been having billing, account access issues last 3 months anyway... Like I had set a high secured password, and 20 calls, 3 store visits later, I've threaten their owner, tmobile I'll go in their store with a shotgun... Yeah, I may get federal criminal charges out of it, like Nicholas guy threatened to bomb shoot Harvard for having a separate black race graduation ceremony... He's facing 5 years... Took the law a year to file criminal charge information... It sucks I had to to extremes to gain account access, technical support etc... Then, I've got my sim recognized... But it do briefly go out... Ultimately, phone should be registered with metropcs, ultimately though, I took sim out, clean it in my mouth... Lol... I didn't have rubbing alcohol ok... Reinsert, it works... Tmobile sent me a message, saying credit card reversed payment... So, I'm afraid to mess with settings until I speak with executive at metro pcs... It took a violent phone threat to get direct access to him...
    I pray a year down the road I won't have federal criminal charges... Lol... I'll talk to executive tomorrow... Got to now, since credit card reversed payment... Ive disputed last two payments, telling credit card company metropcs been denying me account access as well as lte...
    I'm not sure what's going on with this phone as well...
    Or procedures on getting lte turned back on... But, somehow I did... As soon as I get it to as it was, even if lte slows down to a crawling 1 Meg a sec, during peak hours, network congestion, I'll just have to patience... Lol...

8. U1528552746049
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2018

9. Sergio Sonego
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2018

Sergio Sonego , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Same here, band 4 not working

10. Hoots2
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2018

Hoots2 , Jun 11, 2018 :
    I cannot. Just go to Google Playstore and find 4G LTE, its small app that puts you into the network settings. I think its a way to get there thru the dialpad, but I don't know what the codes are. The author of 4G LTE is Xsquare Studio. That's the one I have and it works.

11. Hoots2
    Gingerbread Jun 11, 2018

Hoots2 , Jun 11, 2018 :
    1528722166423.jpg
    This is what it looks like once your in the network settings. Its a drop down menu and each one can be selected to see which one works for you. Find out from Metro PCS which band they are on. I'm guessing they work off of Sprint towers which is a CDMA setting.....

12. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Jun 11, 2018

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Jun 11, 2018 :
    T-MOBILE OWNS METROPCS! look at the bottom of METROPCS.com. all the way down. copyrighted/trademarked T-Mobile 2018.

years ago prior to T-Mobile acquisition (2013) metro had their own cdma network. that is no longer the case. the cdma network was slowly winded down after 2013 and is no longer in service.

MetroPCS is a pre-paid brand that uses T-Mobile's GSM network.

It's 2018, get your facts straight. No more take news.

13. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Jun 11, 2018

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Jun 11, 2018 :
    this is true, your service is tied to the imei you provide metro. they claim it's a security enhancement in case of the phone getting lost or stolen. unlike all T-Mobile and other T-Mobile mvno SIM cards where u can remove SIM cards anytime and swap into any phone, metro still ties the imei to your account. if you want to use a different device you have to call them up every single time which was a big negative of cdma for me and one of the big reasons why I left metro 2 years ago. I have talked and complained to metro about this but things have not changed. I almost get the feeling when metro transferred to GSM their internal systems did not fully convert. I don't know why but I imagine cost has something to do with it.

14. carva1992
    Eclair Jun 13, 2018

carva1992 , Jun 13, 2018 :
    Al parecer es un problema con la banda 4, con seguridad tu operador usa la banda 4 para 4G, en colombia tengo el mismo problema con Tigo que usa banda 4, intento con una sim de Claro Colombia que usa la banda 7 y el 4G funciona perfecto

15. Jawe1212
    Eclair Jun 13, 2018

Jawe1212 , Jun 13, 2018 :
    It's GSM. MetroPCS was bought by TMobile in 2013.

16. LilFabuloso
    Donut Jun 18, 2018

Jawe1212 likes this.
  17. jasonarima
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2018

jasonarima , Jun 18, 2018 :
    which build do you use? 5.1.8?