H2OS Website is this real??

1. sahil.khiwani
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

sahil.khiwani , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Oh Really, may be i missed then but then again since its not having global reach and lots of missing applications. I would wait for the H2OS with global release (may be some other name)

2. lemonhater
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 5, 2016

lemonhater , Jul 5, 2016 :
    Doubt there would be a H2OS global release

3. Loveit
    KitKat Jul 5, 2016

Loveit , Jul 5, 2016 :
    The other name you mean is OxygenOS. Forget about H2OS .You are waiting for an Over The Air Oxygen 3.2.0 update.

4. sahil.khiwani
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

No I'm actually mentioned about the new OS not the OTA of Oxygen OS 3.2.0 update.

5. sahil.khiwani
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

I'm referring to the future updates.. May be in some time in near future we would be able to see new OS

6. paulchester
    Eclair Jul 5, 2016

paulchester , Jul 5, 2016 :
    There is no new OS, hydrogen OS (H2OS) was released with the oneplus 2 and intended for the Chinese market only. The international version is oxygen OS (OOS). They aren't going to release a version of hydrogen OS for the international market because the entire point of it was for the Chinese market, and the point of Oxygen was for the international. Different markets are used to different things and have different needs out of an OS.

Think of it this way, if oneplus only sold phones in China and only had hydrogen OS and then they expanded to sell internationally they would make an international version of hydrogen OS for the international market and guess what? It would be like oxygen OS.

You can root any oneplus device anyway so can put hydrogen OS on your phone if you want to but I doubt you will because it wasn't designed with anyone else in mind apart from the Chinese market.

Think about it like reading glasses, someone who needs short sighted glasses aren't going to want long sighted glasses. It's not in the companies interest to sell short sighted glasses to someone who needs long sighted glasses and it's not something the customer would want anyway.

sahil.khiwani likes this.
  7. sahil.khiwani
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

@paulchester that was very well explained, I really appreciate that and thank you so much for sharing the actual picture. I was in dilemma they may be releasing something new. Now i have a detailed understanding. thanks alot.

8. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2016

9. sahil.khiwani
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2016

May be but not testing now.. got lots of inputs and i dont want to brick my device coz it is now my daily driver and primary device and i m in love with this beauty..

10. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jul 6, 2016

ghostofcain , Jul 6, 2016 :
    It's there on the website if you want it install it, the web is global.

11. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jul 6, 2016

ghostofcain , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Head over to XDA, there's quite a few running it there.

Loveit likes this.
  12. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Jul 6, 2016

josefn24 , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Used it on the op2 it had faster finger print scanner and better camera smoother performance great rom it was marshmallow beta before oxygen mm beta then switched when oxygen came out with mm beta's. You need to flash Google apps with it it's almost like iOS no app drawer and quick settings pull up instead of down. Less customization available though. Haven't been in the dev section recently but usually there is a thread about the latest version with gapps

13. sahil.khiwani
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2016

sahil.khiwani , Jul 6, 2016 :
    @F_Alun_Phillips_wYBS thank you for the info but I would prefer to stay on OOS now coz It's stable. Happy so far with the experience

14. sahil.khiwani
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2016

sahil.khiwani , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Nice but sticking with OOS for the time now and want to enjoy the device at the full

15. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Jul 6, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Jul 6, 2016 :
    But i can assure you that it's more stable the OOS ;) cz i have used both and the stability for H2os is much superior than OOS plus battery life is awesome...just because i didn't like launcher i moved on :p

16. WizeGuyDezignz
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2016

WizeGuyDezignz , Jul 6, 2016 :
    I tried the one from XDA and just used a different launcher (ADW). It was great, the dev added the Play Store and took out all the bloat.

If anyone wants to try H2OS, I recommend trying that rom from xda.

Hassan_Abdul likes this.
  17. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Jul 6, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Even i used Action launcher prime but was having screen flickering issue so moved on and bloatware was easily uninstallable manually without root or so.

WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
  18. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Jul 6, 2016

josefn24 , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Up to you you can always flash back to oxygen but I personally haven't been tempted to try hydrogen yet as oxygen is really good so far on the op3 in my opinion. Hydrogen usually was more stable though in the past. Apparently they will be merging the rom teams anyway and that's good news seing what I have for the past few years. Not 100% on that but seemed legit when I saw it at the time.

19. pathologo
    Froyo Jul 6, 2016

pathologo , Jul 6, 2016 :
    WTF is this thread?! "I have no clue what it is BUT I want it and I want it NOW"

While God is raining brains, are we holding umbrellas?

20. WizeGuyDezignz
    Gingerbread Jul 6, 2016

WizeGuyDezignz , Jul 6, 2016 :
    Isn't that how the world works nowadays? People want, want, WANT!! They especially love free money by suing.

Hassan_Abdul likes this.