Half screen flickering and RCC not working after update via OnePlus 6

1. Paras Mahajan
    Donut Dec 19, 2020

Paras Mahajan , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 19, 2020 :
    After the latest update in OnePlus 6 , my device half screen from bottom started flickering and RCC also stopped working . some other apps also crashes amy time. Help me out from this issue.

2. Overzee
    Junior Moderator, The Showcase Reviewer Junior Moderator Dec 19, 2020

Overzee , Dec 19, 2020 :
    For the flickering you could try enabling the DC dimming (search for it in Settings). I've seen a lot of people with flickering issues and the DC dimming did the trick.

Paras Mahajan likes this.
  3. Paras Mahajan
    Donut Dec 19, 2020

Paras Mahajan , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 19, 2020 :
    It didn't worked , and only lower part of screen flickers
    1608392693489.jpg

Santoshtheone likes this.
  4. Overzee
    Junior Moderator, The Showcase Reviewer Junior Moderator Dec 19, 2020

Overzee , Dec 19, 2020 :
    Alright, the picture is stating the problem very clearly... Sorry the DC dimming didn't fix it, let me see what I can find...

5. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 20, 2020

6. Santoshtheone
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2020

Santoshtheone , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 25, 2020 :
    Hey. I am also facing this issue. It had been working very well for 2 years until today when suddenly I saw the screen going half greyish/dark .

I thought I was the only one facing this issue.

Did you find any solution to this? I don't even know what this is.

7. Paras Mahajan
    Donut Dec 25, 2020

Paras Mahajan , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 25, 2020 :
    it is maybe with moisture,so dry up your phone with hair dryer heat

Santoshtheone likes this.
  8. Santoshtheone
    Gingerbread Dec 26, 2020

Santoshtheone , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 26, 2020 :
    Thanks for the reply. The problem has gone away automatically. Though, I did try turning off dc dimming.

9. jason.dali
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2020

jason.dali , Dec 27, 2020 :
    I'm having the same problem. it sometimes goes dark and doesnot show quarter of the screen. also the in fisplay fingerprint doesnot work. multiple restart and factory reset has also failed to solve the problem. Need an immediate updatw with the display issue also sometimes the apps lag to perform.

10. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 27, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Dec 27, 2020 :
    And have you tried the suggestions given above, which worked for some.?

jason.dali likes this.
  11. jason.dali
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2020

i tried but it didnt work. i restarted my phone to check as well but still no progress. after the recent update i'm facing this problem. one plus has disappointed me this time

12. Caomhin

You may have a screen other hardware fault.

You coukd try going into Safe Mode to see if this issue is still there and You can also try the OnePlus Diagnostic tool to check, but either way you may end up having to visit a OnePlus Approved Service centre to check it further.

Safe Mode.
    Press the power button to bring up the power menu, now long press Power Off option you will get the option to boot into safe mode. Select OK

To get out of Safe Mode

Hold the power button on your device until you get the power off menu.
    Select the restart option from the menu.
    Your device will now be rebooted and exit from the safe mode and boot into the normal mode.

OnePlus Diagnostic Tool
    You can run this tool to check if everything is working as expected by clicking on Detect Now.

Just follow the instructions on the screen.

Download OnePlus Diagnostic tool.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onepl...-0-191008200109-1816f85-android-apk-download/

NOTE ****Only use the version posted above, more recent versions don't work on 6 series****

13. jason.dali
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2020

yes i've tried everything you said. the functions are normal. i've read many comments regarding this problem and it seems most of the one plus 6 and 6T users are facing the same problem. i've also sent one oem data to one plus center as well. i'm hoping for a bug fix from the one plus team. i havent dropped or used recklessly by any means. it all happened after the software update. hope you guys understand.

Abhiiishekk_rai likes this.
  14. Caomhin

I am merely a user the same as you, have my 6T 2 years now and I haven't experienced the issues you mention. Maybe a software update may fix it. But if you have the same hardware and OOS as mine. I wouldn't be sure that will do the trick.

If it doesn't, then you may need to go to a OnePlus Approved Service centre to get the the hardware checked out.

15. jason.dali
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2020

16. jason.dali
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2020

this is the problem i'm facing like many other users. we all wont have same problem at the same time right??
    View attachment 1521320

17. Caomhin

No, but as there were millions of 6 series phones sold, and this issue is definitely not in the majority of issues. However, as I said I don't experience it and I have installed 10.3.7 and I have similar specs to you. If you think it is 10.3.7 causing this issue, you could revert to a previous version an see if the issue replicates.

ROLL-BACK FROM CURRENT ANDROID 10 Stable TO EARLIER STOCK ANDROID 9 OR 10

All Downgrades to earlier builds involve wiping the phone.

So you will need to backup your phone data.

Thanks to @ironass for putting this together and maintainig the thread.

This Link will guide you through the Downgrade process.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/roll-back-to-stock-android-9-or-10.1215079/

ironass likes this.
  18. ramkr1607
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2020

19. Abhiiishekk_rai
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2021

Abhiiishekk_rai , Jan 1, 2021 :
    OnePlus 6 user here, first day of 2021 and I'm facing the same issue . It stays for a few minutes after unlocking and goes away and then after a few minutes it flickers again..only the bottom half

20. ozgur781sen
    Froyo Oct 27, 2021

ozgur781sen , Oct 27, 2021 :
    From my experience this looks like a software related issue where the screen voltage needs to be adjusted correctly.

I had my screen replaced with the OEM.

My phone is 6T the T-Mobile version. I changed the ROM to the Global version and had OOS 10 which is Android 10 then it was updated to OOS 11 = Android 11.

The onscreen fingerprint scanner wasn't working so I reverted back to the T-Mobile stock ROM which is OOS 10.3.12 which is Android 10.

This flicker issue started happening after downgrading back to the Stock T-Mobile ROM. Although turning off DC dimming helped it came back.