Happy 2nd Birthday global OnePlus 6T

1. ironass
    Lollipop Nov 6, 2020

ironass , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Happy 2nd Birthday to the Global OnePlus 6T!

Lots of users are stopping by to post their thanks for the OnePlus 6 series... why not leave a post yourself if you are loving yours and say thanks.

Please... no Off Topic posts in this thread

[​IMG]

Yes, the 6th November, marks 2 years since the worldwide release of the global OnePlus 6T back in 2018.

With its 6.41" screen, 6/8GB of memory, 128/256GB storage and a 20MP camera the global OnePlus 6T offered better spec's than most phones on the market at that time and can hold its own even today against a lot of devices out there.

The global OnePlus 6T now enters its 3rd year of support from OnePlus and as per their schedule, this will be approximately bi-monthly, (every 2 months), Android Security updates for the next year.

Also, OnePlus has stated that both the global OnePlus 6 & 6T will receive an update to Android 11 in future. No official time scale has been given for when the platform update will happen but if OnePlus follow the 5 series schedule we should see Open Beta test releases for the 6 series probably in Q2, (April-June), of 2021 with a stable OxygenOS release, barring hiccups, around mid to late Q2.

On a personal note I must say that for me, the OnePlus 6T running on a fast 2G/3G/LTE network in the U.K. with 99% coverage and fast fibre optic Wi-Fi broadband and without any extra country or carrier bloatware, has been and still is, a trusty and reliable phone and well worth the money.

Well done OnePlus and Happy 2nd Birthday to the global 6T.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020

iamrj, Gneo, nawlism and 174 others like this.
  2. drl431
    Community Hero 2020 Nov 6, 2020

drl431 , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Happy Birthday to the OP6T! As an OP6 owner, it is very pleasing to see you still here! I also am still happy with my OP6. It still works so well that I may not consider upgrading until the OP9T or OP10.

3. ItsRavi25
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2020

ron_R, Gneo, Thulasi_Sriram and 24 others like this.
  4. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2020

Tee_Eee_Bee , Nov 6, 2020 :
    To paraphrase ....
    "The OnePlus 6T running on a fast 2G/3G/LTE network with coverage where I need it, and fast HFC Wi-Fi broadband and without any extra country or carrier bloatware, has been and still is, a trusty and reliable phone and well worth the money."

Same here in the land down under ....

5. ironass
    Lollipop Nov 6, 2020

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020

6. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Now relegated to my 2nd device, but still the 6t never lets me down when needed. Has been a great 2 years experience with the 6t (and more to come). Happy Birthday OP6t!

7. Master_TC
    Jelly Bean Nov 6, 2020

Master_TC , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Happy Birthday 6T...

Running solid since first day like my OP3t and OP2. All in use as daily driver without any battery drain problem or something else.

8. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 6, 2020

9. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Nov 6, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 6, 2020 :
    Yup, have to say I just can't fault this phone, apart from a couple of Betas over the 2 years, and that was a Beta issue. This phone has and still runs as fast as the day I got it.
    Great Batter, smooth as silk and fast when needed, great camera, has every feature required.

Should get another year or 2 out of it so long as nothing physically breaks.

OP 9T or OP 10T. Let's see where this goes.

Happy Birthday 6T

🎂🎂🍰🍰🥂🥂🍻🍻🍺🍺

10. ironass
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2020

ironass , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Thanks @Caomhin!

Normally those emoji's would indicate the beginning of a blooming good weekend but thanks to COVID-19, all the pubs in England are closed until 2nd December. :(

11. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 7, 2020

12. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Pubs were closed a couple of weeks ago here in Wales 😡
    On a happier note they reopen this coming week, so I'll think of you over the border while enjoying a pint next week 🍻😆

13. Tee_Eee_Bee
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2020

Tee_Eee_Bee , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Ours are just starting to open up again here in Victoria.

Caomhin likes this.
  14. ironass
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2020

ironass , Nov 7, 2020 :
    You're not helping @rhyd1am!

Hopefully, they will not continue the Welsh lockdown after this Monday but the latest figures do not look brilliant for Wales.

From what I understand, @Caomhin in Ireland is experiencing their highest alert level, "Oh, feck!", and is also on lockdown and with the pubs closed.

On a serious note, this is where good, working, mobile/cell phones with their range of features such as calling, video calling, texting, MMS, RCS, come into their own as they are a lifeline for so many people at this time and allow families and friends to stay in touch with one another. :D

15. ironass
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2020

ironass , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Have a tinnie or 6 for me Tee_Eee_Bee! ;)

Caomhin likes this.
  16. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Nov 7, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Yep, closed down completely for the last 3 weeks, will be closed until Dec 1st. And even then its not a given they will open in this Casedemic. I'm not really a Tinnie person, rather the social aspect of a pint and getting hammered.

So it's strange times here, bit like prohibition, feckin Govt here even wanted to close the Offies early, but there was a bit of a backlash.

We also have a 5km limit for travel unless for work and a few other reasons, one of the more used ones is that you are allowed to visit a Grave anywhere in the country. So there is a lot of people visiting Graves all over the country, people from South going North, and vice versa, East West and so on. Love loop holes 😂😂😂

And if we had been locked down 20yrs ago without the current phone capabilities, we would be experts in the Snake game on a Nokia 3310 🤪🤪🤪

17. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Nov 7, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Worth noting, and checking out from time to time. Might even come out early. Will still wait for the T version though.

OnePlus 9 model numbers and key specs leaked: Snapdragon 875-powered OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, and OnePlus 9 "Ultra" in the lineup

https://www.notebookcheck.net/OnePl...d-OnePlus-9-Ultra-in-the-lineup.502719.0.html

zayn_ys, xnutzii, Auristic and 3 others like this.
  18. rhyd1am , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 7, 2020 :
    Had myself the OPPO Find X2 Pro a couple of weeks back (Vodafone UK stopped OnePlus devices 😡). Very similar feature wise to Oxygen OS, but very different experience at the same time! Still looking to get OP9T when released.

Obviously with 12gb ram and 512gb storage, it is a lot faster than my 6t, but for day to day usage my 6t still holds its own, and still carrying it everyday with my work SIM installed.

ironass and Caomhin like this.
  19. muhammadkhaleeq
    Donut Nov 7, 2020

Skoreykom, ironass and Caomhin like this.
  20. anunayC , via OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple , Nov 7, 2020 :
    6T gang wya?! 🥳👊 Probably one of the best phones OnePlus has made till date! It's almost been 2 years since i got mine! Really want to upgrade but I don't think I am going to! Ugh gotta hold on to this for a few months :/

Skoreykom, ironass and Caomhin like this.