Happy Friendship Day!

1. yashonagori
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Aug 1, 2021

yashonagori , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Howdy Community! Hope y’all are having a fantastic time. On this heavily nostalgic day of Friendship Day here in India, I couldn’t not write a thread dedicated to a few of the best friends I have ever had the pleasure of knowing through this wonderful community that we’ve built.

For me, the first memory that comes to mind of friendship day is the hands full of bands back in school. Everyone awaited this day with the utmost excitement with the highest hopes of ending up with the most bands on their hands. That ritual really brought out unreal joy and cheer everywhere. Often, I wouldn’t take off the bands for days and keep them on superstitiously. In hindsight, even though it was really puerile, it really reminded me of being grateful for my friends.

As school ended and everyone moved on to different paths, it would have been difficult to keep in touch with most of my schoolmates had it not been for the social media boom. Especially in recent times where we’ve been confined to the limits of our homes for the majority of the time. Being able to connect with friends and family at a few touches is really a blessing.

Throughout the past year and a half, I’ve somehow grown closer and closer to my friends mostly because we play multiplayer games more often! Not only my past mates, but I have had the pleasure of making absolutely gems of friends online, especially through the OnePlus community. I can never be grateful enough for all of you guys!

If I start tagging, the list would really be endless and I still might miss a few people. So, a very warm hug and a HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY to all of the OnePlus Community. Thank you for being the kindest, welcoming, and insightful community in the tech universe.

Please feel free to tag your friends and tell them you love them in the comments! We’d love to hear your stories as well!

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 1, 2021

dsmonteiro , Aug 1, 2021 :
    I had no idea about this day until I was tagged earlier today but sounds like a really sweet thing, from your description. Would love to hear more about how this is celebrated in India!

3. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 1, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Thanks for the thread:)

Happy Friendship day everyone:)
    Great to know you all:)❣️❣️❣️❣️🤗🤗🤗🥰

4. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 1, 2021

5. Tilak G.
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2021

Tilak G. , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Such a beautiful Description! I miss the bands. :-(
    Happy Friendship Day to you too @yashonagori

I can never be grateful for the people that became my friends here,They inspire me with their grit and grace. Here are my Best thoughts for All My Amazing Friends. Happy Friendship Day Guys!! :)

6. vinodvijayan
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2021

7. SRD.
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2021

SRD. , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Thanks @yashonagori for the wonderful thread on a very special day.

The way we celebrate the day in our school/college days and you took me to that stone Age when we have more of a real friendship than a digital one. God! I am getting old.

I have tried to tag as many friends as I can in this community and still missed a lot.

Thanks again for the thread. .
    @Yash Pratap Singh. Look Yash heard of you.

8. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2021

9. atenaa
    KitKat Aug 1, 2021

atenaa , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Wonderful thread's idea @yashonagori !😀 I didn't knew about this commemorative date but I'm very happy that there is a day to celebrate friendship! Friends are precious treasures we find during our life. 🥰🥰

A happy friendship day to you and to everyone of this beautiful community! 🤗🤗

10. TangSan
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2021

WakeAwake, yashonagori and Dresa91 like this.
  11. Nkheni
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2021

yashonagori and Dresa91 like this.
  12. A.Saketh Gupta

14. Aryan5789
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2021

15. Aditya_4
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Aug 1, 2021

16. Abhishek@nord
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2021

17. H.S.S

yashonagori, mohit1427 and Dresa91 like this.