haptic feedback delayed while typing

1. gaursayyam
    Froyo May 4, 2020

gaursayyam , May 4, 2020 :
    Hi all.

Whenever I'm typing something, it seems that for a few mili seconds haptic feedback on the gboard is delayed due to which it feels as the phone is stuttering.
    Anyone else noticed it?

prince_king3 likes this.
  2. Spl4tt
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2020

Spl4tt , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 9, 2020 :
    Same for me. I'm about to switch back to my S10+. Even though the haptics feel better, they're delayed and kill my typing experience. I had the same issue with the OPO, and OP6, so I don't think they'll ever fix this

**** that

Edit: I'm on a OP8 Pro

gaursayyam likes this.
  3. prince_king3
    Eclair May 9, 2020

gaursayyam likes this.
  4. gaursayyam
    Froyo May 9, 2020

gaursayyam , May 9, 2020 :
    Is it better on the one plus 8 PRO?

5. gaursayyam
    Froyo May 9, 2020

gaursayyam , May 9, 2020 :
    Absolutely. iphones in india are just too steeply priced. otherwise I wanted to go for iphone xr.
    if the Iphone SE 2020 had a better battery, I would have gone for it blindly.
    Frankly, OnePlus is just too overrated as per my experience.

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 9, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 9, 2020 :
    I just tried haptic feedback... Tried different vibration lengths and such... Not something I would ever use. Not that I noticed any delay that bothers me. Always turn it off because I have always hated it. If the screen itself was sound dampening the sound from the fingers it would be even better 😋
    Depening on the kind of vibrator there is a built-in delay. IPhones started using what they call haptic engine. That variant has more or less delay free vibration. You can see a teardown of how that works in Jerryrigeverything teardown of iPhone SE 2020.

gaursayyam likes this.
  7. Spl4tt
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2020

Spl4tt , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 15, 2020 :
    The vibrations are better quality wise. But typing is the same experience as on the previous Oneplus ohones I had. I don't know if it's a delay, or if the motor jusr can't properly keep up with the tyoing. It's just annoying.