OxygenOS Hardbrick OnePlus One when following OPO PDF Instructions

1. d1xenotime
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2018

d1xenotime , Oct 20, 2018 :
    Dear OnePlus One support.

Recently, I decided to reformat my OnePlus one device and migrate it to OxygenOS from CyanogenMod Android system. When I was following the instruction (PDF included below https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-2-1-4-for-the-oneplus-one.425544/), my phone got stuck on Command #4. My phone became black screen, vibrates and unable to fast boot.
    Can someone help me out how to get it back running please? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 20, 2018

Tobikage , Oct 20, 2018 :
    why ?

you're most likely screwed if you can't boot into fastboot or recovery and unable to detect anything on a PC.

3. d1xenotime
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2018

d1xenotime , Oct 25, 2018 :
    Because Cyanogen is no longer supported and has no updates from its OS.

Not helpful at all... Thank you for your pointless comment.

4. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 25, 2018

Tobikage , Oct 25, 2018 :
    And Oxygen OS is supported ?

5. d1xenotime
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2018

d1xenotime , Oct 26, 2018 :
    Buddy, there is a reason why most of the latest OnePlus devices run Oxygen OS instead of the CyanogenMod ones. I unable to receive OTA because CyanogenMod has shut down the server. If you are not trying to be helpful, then please kindly stay out of my ticket.

6. Intruder71
    Lollipop Oct 26, 2018

Best Answer

7. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Oct 26, 2018

theshinybeast , Oct 26, 2018 :
    OPO does not and will not ever receive an OTA of Oxygen. OnePlus do not and will not ever update that device ever again. In fact OOS on OPO was never any good anyway.

Tobikage likes this.
  8. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Oct 26, 2018

theshinybeast , Oct 26, 2018 :
    Not even with a hammer:p

Intruder71 likes this.
  9. Intruder71
    Lollipop Oct 26, 2018

theshinybeast likes this.
  10. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 26, 2018

Tobikage , Oct 26, 2018 :
    Just waiting to see when / if you realise that OOS for the OPO was an experimental one time release.

theshinybeast likes this.
  11. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 26, 2018

You can't argue with logic like

theshinybeast and Intruder71 like this.
  12. anupritaisno1
    KitKat Oct 26, 2018

anupritaisno1 , Oct 26, 2018 :
    I told you quite a while ago to message me privately and I'll fix it over TeamViewer but it seems more like you want to argue here with the other members

Did you message me privately? No
    Did you spam literally every unbrick thread on the forum? Yes
    You saw me fixing devices in so many other threads which were bricked. Did you still not message me? Yes
    Did you create a rather useless and redundant thread and try to prove how you are right in it? Yes
    Did you speak politely to the people who asked you what's wrong? No

To me it appears that you do not want help and you do not want to get this issue resolved. Stop spamming the forum

I told you to message me here: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/solution-bricked-oneplus-one-recovery.306306/page-8#post-19347122

@Tobikage, @Intruder71, @theshinybeast this guy does not want his issue fixed so ignore him

13. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 26, 2018

Just leave him.....I think he knows what he's doing ↓ :rolleyes:

14. d1xenotime
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2018

d1xenotime , Oct 28, 2018 :
    Hi anupritaisno1.
    1. No, I did not message you because I was inundated by Tobikage alert on my page. I must have missed your offer to PM you directly. I apologise.
    2. No, I did not spam 'every' other unbrick thread. You manage to only referenced one post which I have left my question; with this thread itself been second.
    3. I could not have known you are willing to help if I never saw your offer. I do not assume things.
    4. No, I did not say I was right in anything. Tobikage early response was not constructive and does not lead to the solution of unlocking my devlce. The first two solutions offered were not effective.
    5. I do not believe I was inappropriate in any form.
    Now these were helpful and are facts I did not know. My preference to move away from Cyanogen was due to:
    • Inability to received update when I placed Bacon back on
    • I am aware of the 2015 news that OnePlus end with CyanogenMod
    • I was not aware OnePlus Oxygen for OnePlus One was a one off thing
    I quote:
    If you call my language impolite, I cannot imagine how anyone will feel if this statement is pointed towards them. I clearly could not restart the device in either state. Such comment was not necessary. I do not think this is a constructive comment at all. Up to date, I cannot read in any statement made by him to show a supportive manner. Rather to me, it seems he is making fun of a broken device...

I have successfully restore my device by using Intruder71 "Qualcomm recover tool". Thank you.