Hardware Button has very little light. Hard to see! Normal??

1. lex4ever
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2014

lex4ever , Jul 18, 2014 :
    Please check the photo and let me know if it's normal to have very little light on the physical buttons of the phone. Or is it a defect??

I have owned Nexus S which had physical buttons like this and they were bright.. way brighter than this..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cjackson7646
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

cjackson7646 , Jul 19, 2014 :
    ive had this problem from day one with my One. The company uses leftover (defect) parts from OPPO as their main build. unfortunately i bought the One partly because of the screen size. now i'm forced to use on-screen buttons, diminishing actual screen size. also i have the yellow screen problem. i read it would get better with time due to a glue related problem...however i've had the phone for a couple weeks now and the screen keeps getting more and more yellow from the bottom of the screen. if people have the option of waiting to get the phone i advise they do so.

lex4ever likes this.
  3. lex4ever
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

lex4ever , Jul 19, 2014 :
    I feel the same man..

How the heck someone can see the buttons! I can hardly see them in dark and during day, it's impossible to see it..

4. drahlf
    Cupcake Jul 21, 2014

drahlf , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Mine arrived today and looks exactly the same, but the buttons function correctly and I find it not too hard to use them without the backlight. Though it's a pity that the light is a no go...

5. nik_pa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 21, 2014

nik_pa , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Mine is the same way but after awhile I learned where the buttons are so not seeing them isn't a big issue at the moment but it would be nice to be able to see them.

Karene007 likes this.
  6. ErikP
    Eclair Jul 21, 2014

ErikP , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Totally normal - Same issue here. Barely see that shit.

7. baryCap
    Eclair Jul 24, 2014

baryCap , Jul 24, 2014 :
    My back button has no light at all. So I turned off the illumination completely. Blind button hit accuracy skill is raising and raising.

8. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Jul 24, 2014

n19htmare , Jul 24, 2014 :
    You guys act like the buttons move around randomly everytime you use it. Well here's a newsflash. They dont. After a few minutes you should know WHERE the buttons are and what they do. After that just touch that area and it should work.

I prefer no ilumination on my softkeys anyways so maybe I'm biased but seriously... after few uses you should know that center is home, left is menu and right is back.

If anything, my beef with the buttons is placement. Left should have been back and right should be menu....