Has anyone converted T-Mobile 6T to International version

1. weirdo911
    Eclair Jan 12, 2019

aenews likes this.
  2. Sargo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 12, 2019

Sargo , Jan 12, 2019 :
    dont think so as this basically disables the update package checks and flashes the newest oxygenos global which does not have google now
    btw please read the source material properly

3. Chumdini
    Gingerbread Jan 12, 2019

DvDarkman likes this.
  4. meatandy
    Oreo Jan 12, 2019

ironass likes this.
  5. G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ
    Froyo Jan 12, 2019

G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ , Jan 12, 2019 :
    Did mine last night. no swipe for now feed, however, you can just tap the "g" on your Google widget and get the same thing

G_Jason_Shayer_TvuO likes this.
  6. jhovictor19
    Froyo Jan 12, 2019

jhovictor19 , Jan 12, 2019 :
    Is it worth converting? whats the biggest improvement besides it being unlocked. jist wanted to know coz im still in between should i convert or not. ty

7. weirdo911
    Eclair Jan 12, 2019

weirdo911 , Jan 12, 2019 :
    probably a noob question. Does this get you faster Google Security patches every month. Mine is still running on Nov patch as of now.

Sargo likes this.
  8. G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ
    Froyo Jan 12, 2019

so far, the phone feels faster than on the T-Mobile ROM, I can flash whatever I want now without worrying about unlocking, and I have access to some stuff that T-Mobile took out (still seeing what all the difference is). biggest thing is, my download speeds are much better on both LTE and WiFi.

The jury is still out on exactly how update will work. People are holding out hope that we can OTA on the official OP channel when the next one comes out... personally I doubt that will work. however, once you flash over like I did, you'll have access to "local update" in software update in settings. my plan is to just download the next update zip and click local.

If that sounds scary, it really isn't. however, if you're the type of user that just wants stuff to do it's thing with minimal user involvement, stick to stock because it's still fantastic and to be fair, T-Mobile has actually done pretty well with updates.

aenews, jozydblur and jhovictor19 like this.
  9. jhovictor19
    Froyo Jan 12, 2019

thanks for sharing ur thoughs, the only thing thats holding me back on converting is if ever i have to send my phone for warranty exchange or if i wanted to upgrade down the line with a newer op phone, might be hard for me to put it back to out of the box stock since im not that of a techy guy.

10. G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ
    Froyo Jan 12, 2019

the same method that we use to remove the T-Mobile software, can be used to put it back on. Just need the "T-Mobile" msm tool rather than the one with 9.0.11. That one can also be found on XDA. I downloaded both so I can revert if I ever need to.

aenews and jhovictor19 like this.
  11. jhovictor19
    Froyo Jan 12, 2019

thats good to know. ill go ahead and try. thanks again

aenews likes this.
  12. weirdo911
    Eclair Jan 12, 2019

weirdo911 , Jan 12, 2019 :
    that's awesome. I'll give it a try aswell.

aenews likes this.
  13. jozydblur
    Gingerbread Jan 12, 2019

jozydblur , Jan 12, 2019 :

G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ

so far, the phone feels faster than on the T-Mobile ROM, I can flash whatever I want now without worrying about unlocking, and I have access to some stuff that T-Mobile took out (still seeing what all the difference is). biggest thing is, my download speeds are much better on both LTE and WiFi.

The jury is still out on exactly how update will work. People are holding out hope that we can OTA on the official OP channel when the next one comes out... personally I doubt that will work. however, once you flash over like I did, you'll have access to "local update" in software update in settings. my plan is to just download the next update zip and click local.

If that sounds scary, it really isn't. however, if you're the type of user that just wants stuff to do it's thing with minimal user involvement, stick to stock because it's still fantastic and to be fair, T-Mobile has actually done pretty well with updates.​

Yeah noticed the difference in data speed which is strange because I thought running T-Mobile rom would have been faster. Anyways the conversion is worth it

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ likes this.
  14. G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ
    Froyo Jan 12, 2019

I had the exact same thought. WiFi speed saw an increase of around 30% but LTE was a bigger change, close to double in my house.

jozydblur likes this.
  15. jhovictor19
    Froyo Jan 13, 2019

jhovictor19 , Jan 13, 2019 :
    G_Steve_Johnson_ZxZZ

I had the exact same thought. WiFi speed saw an increase of around 30% but LTE was a bigger change, close to double in my house.

tried whats stated on the thread. and i cant have it done. maybe it's me doing something wrong. It always getting stuck on "param preprocessing" 5s. any advice my friends?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

16. DvDarkman
    Froyo Jan 13, 2019

DvDarkman , Jan 13, 2019 :
    you get more features. access to advanced battery settings, smart boost, dual SIM, unlock, bootloader unlock... probably others I can't think off the top of my head.

jhovictor19 likes this.
  17. jhovictor19
    Froyo Jan 14, 2019

jhovictor19 , Jan 14, 2019 :
    thanks. but i don't see any advance battery settings, its still the same as what the stock tmo has, or maybe im looking on a wrong settings

18. Chumdini
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2019

Chumdini , Jan 14, 2019 :
    it's the one under settings utilities OnePlus lab

19. G_XJonathanX_co
    Froyo Jan 14, 2019

G_XJonathanX_co , Jan 14, 2019 :
    Hey did you manage to install the international version?

20. jhovictor19
    Froyo Jan 14, 2019

jhovictor19 , Jan 14, 2019 :

G_XJonathanX_co

Hey did you manage to install the international version?​

yeah i finally did. thanks for all u guys advice. took me alot of trial and error but finally i get it done.

aenews and Chumdini like this.