Has anyone returned the OnePlus 7 Pro or any other OnePlus phone?

1. vwite
    Honeycomb May 22, 2019

vwite , May 22, 2019 :
    When you order it it says:

"15-day return period

effortless self-service return"

And the return policy says:

"a. OnePlus phones and accessories are made to the highest standards and undergo rigorous testing. If you are not satisfied with your OnePlus product for any reason, you may request a return within fifteen (15) calendar days of delivery. Once we approve your request and receive the product, in regards to refund for return, if customer paid shipping fee, we'll not refund that amount like before, as shipment is one-time consumable service. This new policy is applied to call center already rencently. but we received complaint from customer that we said full refund at our website."​

Which I understand I can request a full refund even if opened and tested it for a few days but did not like it, but then in another paragraph it says:

"Partial Refunds

You may receive a partial refund in the original form of payment for the items listed below.
    Please note: All returns will be inspected at our service centers. The refund amount will not include the original shipping and handling fee. Should the device not meet the requirements, we reserve the right to reject the return.
    "Your Return
    Non-defective items that are returned opened and within the return policy period. (excl accessories)
    Receive
    85% of item's purchase price"
    https://www.oneplus.com/legal/terms-of-sales

So any of you that have actually returned an open box phone for whatever reason, did you get a full refund or just 85% of what you paid.

What about the cases and accesories? I've seen a few videos and it seems the karbon bumper does not protect at all anymore against drops because of the edges on the 7 Pro. If I open the box of the case to see it in person then it wouldn't be returnable for the full amount (these karbon cases got pretty expensive at $39.99 when last year for the OP6 they were $24.99 and more protective)?

Thanks!

2. xMcMx
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2019

xMcMx , May 22, 2019 :
    The second paragraph basically explains how the refund promised in the first paragraph will work.

So opening the box and testing the device will leave you with 85% of the actual price minus shipping costs.

3. vwite
    Honeycomb May 22, 2019

vwite , May 22, 2019 :
    Have you returned a phone or replying after reading what I just posted? A rep just told me I would get full refund if it isn't damaged that's why I am asking if someone had the experience of actually returning a phone.

The return policy is mixed up and with typos such as:

"This new policy is applied to call center already rencently. but we received complaint from customer that we said full refund at our website."

4. xMcMx
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 23, 2019

xMcMx , May 23, 2019 :
    I haven't refunded anything, no. Don't you know anyone with a 7 Pro for a hands-on? Would save you a lot of trouble and money.

5. streetkilln
    Gingerbread May 23, 2019

streetkilln , May 23, 2019 :
    I did an rma on my oneplus 5 when it came out because it had issues, took a week to get a new one tho.

6. Golden_Whale
    Froyo May 23, 2019

Golden_Whale , May 23, 2019 :
    This is how I understand it:
    -If you notice the box is kicked in and damaged, the device damaged too, you return it and get 100%
    -If you simply not like the crap camera and cannot wait for the camera software to be fixed, you get 85%

7. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Moderator May 23, 2019

8. Alexandre_
    Froyo May 23, 2019

9. jurschel
    Gingerbread May 23, 2019

jurschel , May 23, 2019 :
    They are sending out so many bad phones just RMA it for a refund. You'll get it. I'm pretty sure next week when all these bad devices start rolling in they're going to be swamped. Mine was stuck in a bootloop. I've seen screen problems, battery problems, ghost touch problems, cracking problems...

10. shibun
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2019

shibun , Jun 10, 2019 :
    I returned my oneplus 7 pro and got a full (100%) refund. I simply could not stand the curved screen (did not get adjusted to I even after more than a weeks use, on contrary to general opinion) I made the RMA request on the 12th day, got the return instructions only after I had a chat with cust care (14th day) . I was told there wont be any deductions. I had to pay for the return shipping (FedEx with tracking). Packed it in pristine condition, with good protection as suggested. Got the full refund today. I had taken the screen protection plan, that also refunded. Pretty straight forward dealing, I have to say. I am back to my 5T and happy with it, will wait for the next version whenever it is (as a Oneplus fan), one without screen cutouts and without curves, hopefully with a better screen aspect ratio (little wider instead of the tower). Anyways, return experience: 10/10.

11. shibun
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2019

shibun , Jun 10, 2019 :
    By the way, this is in US.