Other Has someone yet figured out where the "bootloader unlocked" nag screen is?

1. papolytic
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2016

papolytic , Nov 30, 2016 :
    My new 3t is nicely setup for now having performed the oem unlock , fastboot install TWRP & SuperSU from there.

So my next thing to wonder about (not that it makes much difference) is whether anyone has found the way to overwrite or get rid of the "unlocked bootloader" warning screen on boot/reboot. I'm trying to figure it out tonight , but a quick search on the OP3 seems to show that this isn't the simple matter (overwrite a logo) that it usually used to be on Android.

Thanks.

Heiko-K likes this.
  2. papolytic
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2016

I had some good luck with the OP3T team in another thread. I figured that for any developer involved in coding the base ROM would know something trivial like this in a heartbeat. Maybe not, but I hope so. There are many more important issues I hope to pester them with .. ;;)

3. boind
    Eclair Nov 30, 2016

4. papolytic
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2016

Probably not until we get a developer interested in tossing us a bone.

5. DirtyButterBrot
    Froyo Dec 1, 2016

DirtyButterBrot , Dec 1, 2016 :
    Just a fast Question, if i unlock the Bootloader on my OP3T and install SuperSu do i need to completly wipe the phone?

6. papolytic
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2016

papolytic , Dec 1, 2016 :
    Here's a fast answer ;;)

As soon as you do fastboot oem unlock (or whatever the command is) : Your phone is wiped. I don't know if you are thinking that even the OS is wiped off the phone or what, but all the other "installed by you apps" and "your data" will have vanished. It's a very good "First thing" to do. If you do it after you've installed and setup 200 things, you'll just hate yourself.

SuperSU doesn't hurt or wipe anything, but be sure to use the latest (SR4 or SR5).

DirtyButterBrot likes this.
  7. DirtyButterBrot
    Froyo Dec 1, 2016

Ok perfect, that was the thing i want to know :D
    So now i am somhow mad :'D
    I am setting the phone up since 2 Days, i am a idiot because this would have been a work of maybe 30minutes...
    I hate myself

papolytic likes this.
  8. papolytic
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2016

Yeah, I hear you. I've learned from lots of experience doing just what you did, not to ever do that again. Is there a silver lining? Probably not but you'll never do that again.

9. DirtyButterBrot
    Froyo Dec 1, 2016

Yes you are right :D
    Ah i do have one last question, can i use the TWRP for OP3? I have the OP3T
    And can i still get OTA Updates from OP with the TWRP?

10. papolytic
    Gingerbread Dec 1, 2016

Sure. I would use this version of TWRP: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/development/recovery-twrp-oneplus-3t-t3507308 along with the latest SuperSU from Chainfire's thread. I think it's SR5-* , I've used both SR4 & 5 and both are fine.

OTA :: You kind of are saying that you don't want OTAs when you install TWRP & SuperSU , that you want to be in control of your own phone. You just have to wait a week or whatever, look on XDA and you'll find that someone has put that latest OTA in .zip form to be installed via TWRP. It's not a big deal, but you shouldn't get OTA's that make it onto your rooted, custom recovery system after you've done these things.

11. DirtyButterBrot
    Froyo Dec 2, 2016

DirtyButterBrot , Dec 2, 2016 :
    Thank you :)

papolytic likes this.
  12. papolytic
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2016

papolytic , Dec 2, 2016 :
    I'd posted this over at XDA as well. Mostly I just hope to inspire some dev to do this for me so I don't have to mess with it. But: Here's is what I've found about the nag:

I found this code in the file listed after the code:
    Code:
    #if FBCON_DISPLAY_MSG
                    display_bootverify_menu_thread(DISPLAY_MENU_ORANGE);
                    wait_for_users_action();
    #else
                    dprintf(CRITICAL,
                            "Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted.\nWait for 5 seconds before proceeding\n");
                    mdelay(5000);
    #endif
            }
    #endif
    Filename in build tree: ~/sandbox/oneplus3t/bootable/bootloader/lk/app/aboot/aboot.c

------------------

So:: There's quite a bit more text for that screen in that file, and it's not as simple as just replacing the entire file with a single line that (e.g.) sets a = 0;

The thing is that the file does a lot of checks and I suspect the boot process won't even get it's feet wet if the file is actually damaged, but ::

The code above could pretty easily just be slightly modified not to print a message or to print a nice message, or a pretty little graphic, and the delay has no reason to exist. As soon as I can get 3.5.3 to built without errors (I just downloaded it again since my first try was from a 3rd party git repo), I'll see if it can be tampered with. The real problem is "Is this worth screwing around with?" . How many people (and I'm not even one of them) would want to blow away their setups just to install a new OS that has this crazy change in it.

Anyway, now that I've found it, I'll see if I can find some better way to handle it, but many have fallen on this sword so I probably will follow in their footsteps.

edit: As I was staring at the filename, it dawned on me that it's where all the stock & custom recoveries are made and is the next tree over called bootloader. That "might" (really doubt it) make this more doable. If we only had to change one partition to get rid of this thing, it'd be more like flashing a logo partition to get rid of it. My guess is that they're way to smart to allow someone to slap a different bootloader in there without there being a price to pay. (like no longer booting because of dm-v*). We'll see.