Jelly Bean Mar 22, 2016

Nestor Sullivan likes this.
  2. Victor Jake
    Donut Mar 22, 2016

3. Dron99
    Honeycomb Mar 22, 2016

Dron99 , Mar 22, 2016 :
    #ThrottleGate

I wouldn't mind if they've used 805 or 808 instead of 810.

4. 4alexnyc
    Cupcake Mar 22, 2016

4alexnyc , Mar 22, 2016 :
    As a former owner of the OPO and OPT, I can say the OPO was great. Battery life, CM, and priced well below the other flagships at the time. The OPT suffers from a bad chipset, buggy software and battery that still doesn't compare to the OPT. I wanted to believe in the OPT but the fact that I sold mine after only a few months says what my vote is. Good luck to those still hanging on.

BTW - the snapdragon 820 is awesome. You can see why Qualcomm walked away from the 810 as fast as possible. That's also a hint at what I hope people try as their next device.

5. Abhie
    Honeycomb Mar 22, 2016

Abhie , Mar 22, 2016 :
    No.

The people on this forum represent less than 10% of the actually OPT owners. Most have no reason to come to the forum.

Tokolozi likes this.
  6. Abhie
    Honeycomb Mar 22, 2016

Abhie , Mar 22, 2016 :
    Summed that up so well !

7. crash_194
    Gingerbread Mar 22, 2016

crash_194 , Mar 22, 2016 :
    Based on what? The 808 is seemingly plagued by overheating issues (certainly in the Nexus 5x from what I've read). I've had no issues with performance or heat with the OP2 in the same way many users haven't in the HTC One M9 and Nexus 6P.

From the reading I have done, particular cpu's are not the issue, it is the ambitious approach of this big little 64 bit CPU architecture. The early S810 was just unfortunate it got all of the press attention.

8. VirtuosoLoki
    Gingerbread Mar 22, 2016

VirtuosoLoki , Mar 22, 2016 :
    I am using a OPO, and recommended OPT to my sis.

She told me recently that there were some freezing, and the fingerprint scanner was not working.

Then she told me everything is fine now.

I read about throttling, but since my sister doesn't game, that is not an issue. If it was me, I would just use boffle kernel.

Bugs may be annoyance, but they can be ironed out.

In the hand of a diligent user, OPT can really fly.

In the hand of a mainstream user, OPT is more than sufficient.

And at the price point, this phone is definitely worth every buck.

And I heard the phone sells well.

So, no, not a flop.

9. casep
    Donut Mar 22, 2016

casep , Mar 22, 2016 :
    Last month I needed a new phone for my son. I have a OPT, previously an OPO, I went for the OPO, the software in the OPT just make it a sad experience. I'm every day checking for a new software update. I can't help to remember

ankitdsouza and adamtore like this.
  10. Dron99
    Honeycomb Mar 22, 2016

Dron99 , Mar 22, 2016 :
    Based on...
    First of I'm not a tech savvy, so I might be wrong up to certain extent. But from what I've understood from Chinese sites n few English blogs n forums, earlier One M9 the ones were using same old n not v2.1 SoC had heating issues.

One of the reason HTC felt short on expectations were, same old traditional design with lil to change on outer look but since its metal chassy n early SD810 caused massive attention to media.

Imo, the ones you'll be getting with this deal would some of those units only. Like in other words: Clearance Sale.

11. lutti
    KitKat Mar 22, 2016

lutti , Mar 22, 2016 :
    It was a flop as an OnePlus phone. If you just think about OnePlus Two as a separate product it probably had it's place on the market and i'm sure many users have enjoyed their OnePlus Two. On the other hand if you compare it to the OnePlus One it was a flop. OnePlus One was the best phone available on the market when it was launched and it was so cheap nothing came close to it. They said it was the flagship killer and yeah it killed every other phone out there with it's affordable price and the best performance. OnePlus Two was 34% more expensive and even though it was again marketed as a flagship killer it didn't manage to kill any of it's competition. It lack features even One had and replaced them with features nearly no one wanted. So even though it was a good phone for sure to anyone who never had OnePlus One it failed as an OnePlus phone.

4alexnyc likes this.
  12. Deactivated User
    Mar 22, 2016

13. crash_194
    Gingerbread Mar 22, 2016

crash_194 , Mar 22, 2016 :
    What is it that freezes and lags? Is it the launcher?

14. adamtore
    Honeycomb Mar 22, 2016

adamtore , Mar 22, 2016 :
    He also called it "flagship killer 2016". Do you think it killed anything 2016? Maybe som mediatek phones and Nokias.

15. Tokolozi
    The Lab Reviewer - OPPO Find N Mar 22, 2016

Tokolozi , Mar 22, 2016 :
    In it's pricepoint It killed a lot.

16. noweakness
    Honeycomb Mar 22, 2016

noweakness , Mar 22, 2016 :
    OP2 > OOS

Simply put, I think OP2 could be a much better device with the right software. The new update has helped pull the phone out of the mud, lets hope the updates continue to help.

ankitdsouza and MafiaTechTeam like this.
  17. Kristoffersigmund
    Gingerbread Mar 22, 2016

Kristoffersigmund , Mar 22, 2016 :
    His op2 is freezing, (Restart phone to fix). His "Clear all apps" button is gone. And the major one: His home, back, recent apps and fingerprintsensor buttons is gone. to name the worst ones.

18. hljohnson29
    Donut Mar 23, 2016

hljohnson29 , Mar 23, 2016 :
    OK so I'm going to go out and say that I have only had my oneplus two for about a week and (so far) my experience has been great *knock on wood* at first it was a little sluggish but after the update everything is running smoothly, I'm very happy with my phone especially for the price.

19. elchapinde617
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2016

elchapinde617 , Mar 23, 2016 :
    I would agree that the OPO was or is better than the OP2 in my opinion... something about it, when the OPO came out, it was the phone to must have... I don't know.... still love them both anyways...

20. missymissycutiepie1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2016

missymissycutiepie1 , Mar 23, 2016 :
    one thing u got to give to apple . updates . man they support their phones 3 times more than androids // . 5 years on and iphone 4s still gets latest OS