Has the OP3T changed your opinion of OnePlus?

1. jstepa
    KitKat Nov 19, 2016

jstepa , Nov 19, 2016 :
    Yes, no, maybe, what ever... did I say yes or no already, can't remember?
    Please community, help me out here...

2. jegansekar
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2016

jegansekar , Nov 19, 2016 :
    This move has changed my opinion on OP. I just got OP3 a month back and now it is already outdated. I'm not worried about the processor upgrade, but the battery upgrade and front cam upgrade. It could have been possible to be included in OP3, but I feel it was deliberately put off so that they can release a near good phone than the original one planned.

Tomorrow they might release OP4 then OP4T in 3 months and then OP4TX in another 3 months.

Are we moving so fast that a flagship phone could not be flaunted more than 3 months?

Their proactive approach has gone Overkill mode for OP3T.

@Carl - as a owner of OP3 I feel disappointed by this move.

3. Tonybarnaby
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2016

Tonybarnaby , Nov 19, 2016 :
    Lol

4. F_Dug_Doodle_znaq
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2016

F_Dug_Doodle_znaq , Nov 19, 2016 :
    It makes you think twice before buying another OnePlus phone after they discontinued the OnePlus 3. I bought mine two weeks before the announcement thinking it would be sold alongside the regular OnePlus 3.

I will probably try a different brand next time. But the main reason I liked the OnePlus 3 over the others were the fingerprint scanner being on the front. I will judge OnePlus more on my experience after 1 or 2 years than this whole 3T business.

5. fgarcor
    Donut Nov 19, 2016

fgarcor , Nov 19, 2016 :
    I am not happy that I don't have the latest phone of oneplus, I feel old, I feel that I paid for old stuff instead of brand new and it was just two weeks ago!!! I feel that if I resell it I will lose money. I am sure that it is like that the way many people are feeling. I understand.

However I like what the phone has to offer for the price that I paid and it was a matter of time to reach this situation, 6 months, 12 months, whatever.

The critical point will come when they don't give software updates anymore. There and only there I will make my mind about how oneplus cares for the phone.

Maybe the fact that they brought the OP3T 6 months later, makes it possible for OP3 owners to get 6 more months of software updates while the OP6 or OP7 are in the market.

And just by releasing another product, oneplus will get better feedback for the next OP4, and the day you buy your next OP it will be a result of these moves.

Go, OnePlus! if you can afford delivering a new device, if you have resources, do it! it is the way of improving, learning and moving forward.

ihonize likes this.
  6. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Nov 19, 2016

ghostofcain , Nov 19, 2016 :
    I'm genuinely intrigued as to why you purchased OnePlus3 with the T on the horizon?

7. bez54
    Eclair Nov 19, 2016

bez54 , Nov 19, 2016 :
    yeah. I'm the same in the UK. I love my oneplus 3. but it's the last time I buy from them. 6 months of having the newest is wasted. resale value as gone now.

so Samsung s8e or whatever it's going to be called will be my next phone. not the oneplus 4. uncool how these guys have f##ked us over.

8. florincostescu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2016

florincostescu , Nov 19, 2016 :
    Can't see a reason for blaming a company that keeps updating his flagship hardware so fast and so sharp in order to stay on top of the list

Au contraire, they should be praised by the end users

9. Keytharsis
    Donut Nov 20, 2016

Keytharsis , Nov 20, 2016 :
    That's weird so many people here are grumpy because they feel bad that they don't have the latest brand new model on the market that is just a typical psychological state induced by the ultra consumption society.

I never read anywhere that this kind of business plan, just like other brand is bad not just because some feel frustrated to not possess the last model even if it's performance is still the same.

The general idea here, is that it's actually imitating those other crap brands with their 7GS+*#edge_plusmoreTTTTTTT. This is bad simply because they create unecessary need among people (proof is this thread).
    Minor updates on models just creates more waste, more garbage phone, more consumption addiction, more ruining environement.

Guess what, upgrading phones just for those shitty minor upgrades is NOT NEEDED for a healthy environement. It's quite astonishing how some people are dragged on those upgrade things and get frustrated by classical techniques to sell more phones. It's basically the General Motor's strategy on the 30's to sell more cars by adding obsolescence by color and design, so people want the new car before his neighboor.

Well OnePlus falled for it for the planned obsolescence by minor technological upgrades over time than real thought upgrade like puting the 400ma in the first place or if they really didn't thought of it, just wait for the next model that will bring more changes than that.

I'm pretty the OnePlus com' team will argue that they don't force people to create a waste of models and devaluate their own OP3 model, and they don't push people to consumption. Well just read this thread, it seems pretty clear to me that psychological impact of the brand new technological upgrades on consumer is something real.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016

0101ics and Mr. BG like this.
  10. SAI320
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2016

SAI320 , Nov 20, 2016 :
    We won't be ripped off.Oneplus3T bearing the same model no. As Oneplus3 A3003 . Comes with OOS 3.5.1

11. netllocke
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 20, 2016

netllocke , Nov 20, 2016 :
    Stop begging, we have many options out in the Android eco
    #never settle "2017 will be year of choices to us buyer" So hang to your current phone and money, why bother about T because 4 and others will be coming in six months or less!
    http://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_smartphones_are_coming_in_2017_the_company_confirms-news-21713.php

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016

12. Mat972
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2016

Mat972 , Nov 20, 2016 :
    They made the 3T to be at the top of all Android devices. That's the only reason I can think.
    Anyway, I'm still on my OPO, if later this year OP3T have Google Assitant I'll buy it, if not, Google Pixel XL will be mine.

13. Fraser
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2016

Fraser , Nov 20, 2016 :
    The OnePlus 3 and 3T are squarely aimed at early adopters like me and I'm glad the option exists for people to get whatever they like. These guys are the only ones catering to power users/early adopters now that Google has phased out the Nexus so I would prefer they succeed, and if they need to do a mid-cycle refresh then I'm fine with it.

It's OK for OnePlus to make a 3T and entice new buyers. Better to keep moving forward and improving than stagnate or become like Google.

14. StuffSneak
    Honeycomb Nov 20, 2016

15. Consolarificus
    Donut Nov 20, 2016

Consolarificus , Nov 20, 2016 :
    I surmise that enough current owners will skip the "T" model and simply waiting for the OnePlus 4 that OnePlus may rethink their strategy next time. Also, there likely will be a much bigger technological/performance improvement between the OP3 and the OP4 than between the OP3 and the OP3T.

16. charlie19211
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2016

charlie19211 , Nov 20, 2016 :
    As long as $440 USD (nearly 700 CAD!) doesn't become the new base price, my opinion of them will stay as "that company that makes sick hardware at a somewhat affordable price". However, if they choose to bump the base price of op4 and beyond past the 400 USD mark (~600 CAD), then they will be forever known as "that one company I can no longer afford, and will skip for a Huawei or something".

Knowing Oneplus, my next phone is going to be a Huawei. I hear the new honor "definitely not a rebranded p10" 9 is looking pretty nice this time next year...

17. Tonybarnaby
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 20, 2016

Tonybarnaby , Nov 20, 2016 :
    If you plan to buy the OnePlus 4 and already have the OnePlus 3, I'm going to assume you buy a phone every year. Check this out
    2016 $400 op3
    2017 $400 op4 (assuming no price hike lol)
    2018 $400 op5 (assuming no price hike lol)

^^^^ That's $1200 over 3 years. At no point in time would you have the BEST phone available.

2017 $750 Galaxy S8
    2018 Galaxy S8 still kicking ***
    2019 Galaxy S8 getting a bit boring, but still good enough for one more year

^^^^ $750, and you will have the BEST phone available all throughout 2017, and still damn close in 2018. Even if you spend more and get the note, you're still #winning. I will retract all of this if OnePlus comes out with a competitive quad HD screen and video capabilities better than a potato.

racerx67 likes this.
  18. G_Bruno_Matos_rVEP
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2016

19. Sir_Damian
    Froyo Nov 20, 2016

20. vikeor
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2016

vikeor , Nov 20, 2016 :
    Reading most of these comments, you are just pissed off that you don't have a flagship device anymore. Common, who cares! Acting like kids. This is business, OP can do anything to make more money just like any other manufacturer.