Has the OP3T changed your opinion of OnePlus?

1. gubro
    KitKat Dec 20, 2016

gubro , Dec 20, 2016 :
    I posted the following in another topic, but the below fits here as well:
    I had every single iPhone since the 3. I am a Mac user, so my whole ecosystem was built around Apple.
    Last year I bought the Nexus 6P, and went through the pain on switching. It is legit, the first couple of days are painful, especially when you realise, that whatever you bought in the Apple system, is in fact unavailable in Android.
    I missed the badges badly (you know, the counter in the corner as to how many texts, emails are unread).
    Also, iMessage was gone.
    A couple of days later I realised, that I do not miss the badges any more, and my friends were all "texting" me either the regular text, or FB Messenger. In fact, they were handling this better than me.
    I was convinced, that no other Android phones are worthy, but Nexuses (Nexi? Nexii?).
    I loved the 6P, and started to move everything through from Apple.
    A couple of months later my company decided to give us iPhones. We all got the SE. I could not justify running around with 2 phones, so forwarded all my calls to the company SIM and used the SE. I loved the battery life, which to be honest was amazing compared to the 6P.
    Some weeks later I knew, that the SE is simply too small for me. I was struggling with the screen size badly.
    Unfortunately by that time I sold my 6P, as the new Nexus was just around the corner, so I wanted to minimise the loss. I was planning to buy the new Nexus and use my company SIM in it.
    And than Pixel happened. I could afford to buy one, but the plain fact, that it is now iPhone territory in pricing, put me off. Also, Nexus users were left behind by Google, big time.
    Another factor was, that I started to miss my private number, and there were times, when it would have been nice to use that. For that time being, I took my old, trusty 5S from the drawer and put my private SIM in it.
    I knew, I need a dual SIM phone.
    Most dual SIM phones are Chinese, and ordering from China was not really appealing. What if something happens, and I have to get it serviced?
    I wanted a high end performer. Cheeper, than either the 7Plus or the PixelXL.
    And than the 3T was announced. I followed OnePlus since day one, but the invite system put me off with the One, the missing NFC with the 2, and I was busy with other things when the 3 was announced. I thought: OK, the 3T is half the price of the above ones. I am not really a pixel peeper, so fHD is enough for me. I took the plunge.
    I never looked back ever since.
    Battery life is just amazing.
    The dual SIM function works like a charm.
    I love the DASH charge. I use to charge my phone overnight. Not any more. When I wake up, I put the phone on charger, and by the time I am out of the shower, and finished my coffee, the phone is fully charged.

darksavior21 likes this.
  2. papolytic
    Gingerbread Dec 21, 2016

papolytic , Dec 21, 2016 :
    I never heard of OnePlus until the 3t came out. It's a great phone and anyone thinking there's something unique about a company trying to stay on the edge must have somehow avoided every other manufacturer of cellphones in the world. They all do this. (and the interval of how long "newness" lasts shortens each time).

The thing that screws everyone up is their own expectations and one of those being that they should have the newest coolest phone for XX months or years. That's on you, not on OnePlus. Anyone griping about a slightly better version of the last phone that you have absolutely no responsibility or need to buy is just being selfish and not too firmly attached to reality.

Cars last (I don't mean in your mind, but in reality) a long time. 3-30 years or thereabouts. Does that stop car companies from producing incrementally (and questionably) better cars every 8-12 months? Of course not. Just don't buy a 3t if you are happy with the 3 (or whatever). Within a month, there'll be a more advanced bunch of phones on the market. Is that going to mess with your life as well?

SirBacke and cics like this.
  3. G_Vadim_McEvoy_dNbY
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2017

G_Vadim_McEvoy_dNbY , Jan 23, 2017 :
    Hi guys,

I am a big fan of OnePlus and everything associated with the company. As a result, I wrote couple of blogs based on OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T and would greatly appreciate any feedback on these blogs.

If ye have a couple of minutes free throughout the day please visit:

www.vadtech.com and give your feedback (good or bad) on any of the blogs.

Thank you in advance.

4. SirBacke
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2017

SirBacke , Jan 23, 2017 :
    Are you kidding? o_O A blog with 3 articles without any new content in more than 1 1/2 years?

Read this, and your question is answered.

G_Vadim_McEvoy_dNbY likes this.
  5. G_Vadim_McEvoy_dNbY
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2017

G_Vadim_McEvoy_dNbY , Jan 23, 2017 :
    I have been neglecting the blog for few months due to other events on my life. However, I am planning to fully commit to it in the following months and grow it bigger with new content, new articles etc.
    Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate every comment and take it on board.
    thank you.

6. F_Jonas_Kraft_uQpd
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2017

7. crunchor
    Honeycomb Feb 20, 2017

crunchor , Feb 20, 2017 :
    It really screws up loyal customers by having a new phone for basically every 6 months. No one like to see their phones just expires or being not the latest one after "maximum" 6 months. Actually for most of the people would be like 3 or 2 months since it is so hard to get right after release.

8. tijmen234
    Honeycomb Feb 20, 2017

tijmen234 , Feb 20, 2017 :
    I'm not disappointed at all. I don't get the point why so much (mostly Indian people) complain so much on this. For example, Samsung also made a Galaxy S6 Edge +. Why would you be so afraid of this? The OnePlus 3 is still a beast like no other, please don't make a problem of everything. There are millions of other people who can't even afford a smart phone and for example food, think about that.

9. gerardojgonzalezg
    Eclair Feb 20, 2017

gerardojgonzalezg , Feb 20, 2017 :
    Yes, I am a bit disappointed with the 3T, no because the new phone, is because the lifespan of the 3; when I started to recommend and buy my oneplus was because was the only brand that put everything in one package and does not have a lot of variations of the same hardware, something typically in samsung.

In this terms, I will be willing with the decision what makes me choose this brand and not other Chinese, but that's another story.

This is my opinion, but understand that as company you need to take some decisions that maybe are not really the best for the customer, and you need to sale to keep the company's profit.

10. Deactivated User
    Feb 20, 2017

11. darksavior21
    Froyo Mar 12, 2017

darksavior21 , Mar 12, 2017 :
    Nope. They make great phones (apart from the cameras) & oxygen OS is fluid. The only thing worries me is the software upgrades. They didn't support OP2 and X. If they decide to stop updating 3 or 3T when next phone launches, that's when, it's time to move on to another brand.

12. G_Farhan_Fahim_vUJb
    Froyo Mar 12, 2017

13. vintagetech
    Honeycomb Mar 12, 2017

vintagetech , Mar 12, 2017 :
    OnePlus is not the only phone manufacturer to stop supporting phone models. Also, OnePlus users have the ability to unlock the bootloader and root their phone. Which opens up that phone to get updates. My OnePlus One is running ressurection remix ROM which is Android 7.1.1...

Whenever OnePlus decides to stop supporting OnePlus 3/3T with official OxygenOS updates there is clear instructions on how to get custom ROMs which are updated. My OnePlus 3 is bootloader unlocked and rooted running Android 7.1.1 on Ressurection Remix.

Sometimes people have stop depending on others, do some research, learn something new, and apply the new skills.

14. Mohan Kumar RMK
    Cupcake Mar 12, 2017

15. dj4800
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 12, 2017

dj4800 , Mar 12, 2017 :
    Trust me if you have OP 3 you won't feel much of difference in OP 3T.. the difference is very minor in real world.. OP 3 and 3T both has same support cycle which is confirmed by OnePlus itself. It will run all the apps whict 3T can run.. 821 just makes 10% of difference.. front camer has more pixels but the senor size isn't significantly bigger.. EIS is not a big difference.. except yes 400 mah gives a little extra juice which you must not bother much because we have dash charge.. only thing you will miss is the gunmetal grey colour

16. G_Elin_Alexandrov_DTSg
    Froyo Mar 12, 2017

G_Elin_Alexandrov_DTSg , Mar 12, 2017 :
    Well what can I say when 2 years ago Sony was pushing all these Xperia Z phones. They all arrived within 4 months from each other. I don't think we should judge the company about updating their devices and trying to stay competitive.
    I like Oneplus. They listen to the community and their software although not perfect is very close.
    Don't forget how cheap it is compared to other flagships.

17. flappjaxxx
    Froyo Mar 12, 2017

flappjaxxx , Mar 12, 2017 :
    who cares? they're both great devices. if you are that butt hurt sell your 3 and get something else. if you bought it, then you thought it was a good device from the jump. another phone release shouldn't change that.

18. Ramdinpuia
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2017

Ramdinpuia , Apr 13, 2017 :
    You bet it has... I have indeed come a long way from LG GW620 3 inch TFT resistive screen with Bluetooth v 2.0.
    The galaxy s6 on launch..
    Bloat free... Even if the OS takes A lot of space. It is worth having them.
    Oneplus has truely never settled.. User experience is, by far, the best I have used.. I'm looking at the new galaxy 8+.. I don't think user experience wise, the galaxy will be some miles ahead of oneplus 3/3T or 5.