Has the OP3T changed your opinion of OnePlus?

1. adis4gr
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

adis4gr , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Yes there is a small disappointment even if I belong in the first users of OP3. I think it was too soon especially when you have customers waiting still for their device to be delivered after a month. Not cool move.

2. Sir_Damian
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

Sir_Damian , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I will not buy OP3T or OP4T because i'm PROUD (yes proud) to own a OP3.
    Great phone. I'll change it when it will definetly broke.
    For me OP3T is not a problem. I just want the support for the OS for the next 2-3 years, nothing more.
    Just A Market decision for 1+

(I hope in the future a tablet...)

Andrizzy R, 505681441 and biomulv like this.
  3. yowji
    Eclair Nov 16, 2016

yowji , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I tend to agree. Google Pixel is at £599 for 32gb and £699 for 128gb. How much will the OP3T 128gb? How much would the OP4 be June/July next year? I personally do not need much memory on my phone. Thus if the price of OP4 approaches £500, I may be swayed to spend the extra £100-£200 to get a Pixel with guaranteed software updates for next few years.

4. whodatboi
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

whodatboi , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I'm not upset with their business practices. But I will be upset if the op4 doesn't have 8GB ram. I was hoping LeEco would start the 8GB ram trend but they didn't

5. kend
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

kend , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I am a bit dissapointed. I think 3T ( Trump version) is unnecesseary.
    For me just the expandable memory is the useful update.
    Most of people know that next year in Juli or Juny the OP 4 will be realised with more updates, and for that reason i think they won't by this 3T model.
    And i dont understand that, why 3T prise is 440 €, in stead of 400 €, and the price of the ,,old" OP 3 is still 400 € :-$.
    Why not OP 3 price went lower?
    For example 350 € ?
    I think 3T was a mistake :-$

Sorry my English! I used Google translater :p.
    Greetings from Hungary! :)

6. daleski75
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

daleski75 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Personally speaking I could never part with £600-700 for a phone my mate dropped £819 on a iPhone 7+ 128gb which is an obscene amount of money for a "phone".

I do agree prices for phones are going up and up but as long as the price gap remains fairly significant there will always be a market for OP.

7. Butler83
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

Butler83 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I'm slightly disappointed as I just bought op3 4 weeks ago, but is the T worth the extra money I would say no. slight increase in battery life, you won't see the difference in real day use 820 vs 821 I'd say, that being said I'm going back to Nexus 6p for a year for quick updates and the better screen.

8. gonzalesnino
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

gonzalesnino , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Yep. I have the OP2 and OP3. My next phone would be the next Pixel. To me this says their flagship phones are not the best that they can make - they are holding back small upgrades that they can sell as a different sku in a few months. Almost like day one DLCs.

9. rattles
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2016

rattles , Nov 16, 2016 :
    true. for me, its another option that i am considering and at least we have some options like the ZTE Axon 7, Xiaomi Mi5 series etc..

10. Icebird00
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2016

Icebird00 , Nov 16, 2016 :
    I read the article on XDA
    'http://www.xda-developers.com/exclu...at-it-means-for-the-future-of-your-oneplus-3/'.
    To me it really looks like OP marketing wanted to release the 3 in june and didn't give a damn on the fact that the developers hasn't finished it. So the 3 rolls out like a green banana. And now after 5 month they come over with the ripe yellow banana 3T. Except the battery the 3T is not such a big deal to me and i still like my 3 (except battery life :)), but i cant help feeling a bit screwed by OP. For the future i will think twice about buying something from OP, and let pass some time after release for sure.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016

sashachoo and StuffSneak like this.
  11. daleski75
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

So you would buy a phone which costs significantly more just because OP released 2 phones within 12 months?
    Out of curiosity how long do you generally keep your phones for?

12. daleski75
    KitKat Nov 16, 2016

You're going to leave your OP3 for a year without using it at all? Or am I misunderstandign what you said.

13. ph0enX
    Eclair Nov 16, 2016

ph0enX , Nov 16, 2016 :
    My honest opinion:

I am happy with my OP3. One of the main reasons for OP3 were the camera and the good price for the complete package of features.

Although I am happy I am a little angry and or sad about the announcement of the 3T. It has more memory, more battery and a slightly better cam-sensor.

It's a little weird. It feels like I was just a full price beta tester and the REAL product OP planned at first is now released after testing a prototype, for the full price.

No way I will sell my current phone and never go again for the next one. If I need a new phone I will choose it for mainly camera, some other nice features and the price. I will choose the best price/performance ratio for my needs. What company it will be is my least choice.

Also I will not go for the 4 just because it is the next one and I need it. I will buy a new one when I think it is time for it.

I can understand people that are angry to a certain point, because there is a bit of a weird taste. You buy a new phone use it for almost a month or two, and suddenly there is a better version of the same one.

But most people just need to calm down and stop flaming and swearing against OP and Carl or say "I will never go for OP again" If I buy a phone just because of the brand I surely have other problems :D

Icebird00 and NigelMcD like this.
  14. waxsta

waxsta , Nov 16, 2016 :
    1479308733317.jpg
    Oneplus don't seem to think so...

15. waxsta

waxsta , Nov 16, 2016 :
    View attachment 466748
    Where is your source reference?

16. manukm123
    Eclair Nov 16, 2016

17. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2016

ghostofcain , Nov 16, 2016 :
    820 was the top dog back in June. Qualcomm might've been holding back but OnePlus weren't .

18. meggamorty
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

19. Johnboydunn
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2016

Johnboydunn , Nov 16, 2016 :
    its been opened and used its actually a very good phone but im not sure if oneplus take returns if its been used.
    this is my first experience of oneplus hopefully not the last. once the phone gets whatever tweaks oneplus devise shes happy enough just bad luck on my part that a new model announced just after oneplus sell me what must have been in the very last few of the remaining stock :rolleyes:

20. StuffSneak
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2016

StuffSneak , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Quoted from xda:

Most importantly, the OnePlus 3 is no moreas the phone has reached the end of its life in terms of official availability (this also means no more Graphite color option). From now on, the OnePlus 3T will be the company’s flagship moving forward.

http://www.xda-developers.com/exclu...vice-and-what-it-means-for-the-future-of-your

I am pretty sure OP will just be clearing the current stock as I said referring to the tweet you mentioned.

Icebird00 likes this.