Having trouble with data migration to your new phone? Try OnePlus Switch!

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member May 22, 2019

Gary C. , May 22, 2019 :
    Hello everyone,

With your new phone in hand, I believe everyone ends up facing the same problem: how to transfer a large chunk of files and apps of all sorts to the new device. What a daunting task!
    Now, with OnePlus Switch available, all your concerns are a thing of the past!

What OnePlus Switch can do for you
    OnePlus Switch can help transfer all kinds of data, including contacts, call logs, SMSs, photos, audios, videos, memos, apps, downloads and files, from your previous device to the new one efficiently. The whole transmission process requires no network but can be fulfilled at 5G speed!
    This feature works for both Android phone iPhone devices. But, with the latter, only contacts, calendars, photos and videos can be migrated due to iPhone’s permission settings.

How to use OnePlus Switch
    On a OnePlus phone, you can access OnePlus Switch by following the steps below:
    • Navigate to Launcher>>OnePlus Files>>OnePlus Switch
    • If you can’t find the App in Launcher, you can also download it by searching OnePlus Switch in Google Play Store
    场景EN_01.png
    1. Android to OnePlus
    1) For users with other Android phones, you can search and download OnePlus Switch in Google Play Store.

2) After launching OnePlus Switch on the new OnePlus phone, you may select “I’m a new phone”, then the corresponding model of your old device. After tapping on “Continue”, the new device will generate a Hotspot name, password and QR code
    场景EN_02.png
    3) After launching OnePlus Switch on the old device, you may select “I’m an old phone”, and choose “OnePlus” as your new device. You can then scan the QR code shown on the new device, after which the two devices are expected to be successfully connected.

4) After getting the two phones successfully connected, you will be able to choose the data to be migrated on the old device and then start the transmission. In order to ensure the integrity of the transferred data, we recommend you not to exit OnePlus Switch until the whole migration process is completed.

Data transmitter: Can be any type of Android phone

场景EN_03.png

Data receiver: OnePlus phone:

场景EN_04 .png

2. iPhone to OnePlus
    1) For iPhone users, please download and install OnePlus Switch (iOS version) by clicking on this download link (just click here). To avoid compatibility problems, you should use Safari to open the link. When the app is successfully downloaded, please navigate to Settings>>General>>Device Management>>. Tap on “New Times Securities Co.”, and choose to “Trust” the source.
    场景EN_05.png
    2) After launching OnePlus Switch on the new OnePlus phone, you'll need to select “I’m a new phone” and choose “iPhone” as the model of the old device. Tapping on “Continue”, you will see a Hotspot name and password generated by the phone.
    场景EN_06.png
    3) After launching OnePlus Switch on iPhone, you'll have to accept the User Agreement to continue, select “I’m an old phone”, and choose to enable the connection via Wi-Fi. Select the Wi-Fi network as shown on the new OnePlus device and enter the password to initiate connection. When the connection is successfully completed, please return to the OnePlus Switch interface manually
    场景EN_07.png
    Data transmitter: iPhone
    场景EN_08.png
    Data receiver: OnePlus phone
    场景EN_09.png
    We are always open to your feedback
    If you face any problems with the OnePlus Switch or have any suggestions, please feel free to send us your feedback by using the Feedback feature in the App.
    The Feedback feature can be found by tapping on the menu button on the top right corner (as shown in the figure below). In order to help solve your problems more attentively, please choose to authorize the App to access to the whole migration process, during which your personal data will not be compromised in any way.
    场景EN_10.png
    Tips
    1. In order to ensure the data transmission stability, please don’t exit the app or lock the screen when OnePlus Switch is running.
    2. OnePlus Switch currently only works on iPhone 5 and later devices, as well as iOS 9 and later versions.
    3. It’s OK if your first try on OnePlus Switch fails as it supports resuming the transmission. You can simply pick it up where you left off the next time you enter the app.
    4. OnePlus Switch involves the transmission of app data and app installation. So it might take a while, please wait patiently until the whole migration process is completed.

Last edited: May 22, 2019

2. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 22, 2019

AnonymousWP , May 22, 2019 :
    Link isn't there. Besides that: great work, that app. Saves everyone a lot of time. I didn't use OnePlus Switch myself, but it took me hours to set everything as how I wanted it :oops:.

matthu.2711, Plenkske and Mjo like this.
  3. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 22, 2019

Its.Leandroo , May 22, 2019 :
    I'ts a great app to use. It indeed makes it easier to switch to a new phone, because the Google Backup feature isn't always accurate.

PS @Gary C. I think this needs to be "data"
    upload_2019-5-22_11-44-54.png

4. Suresh07
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2019

5. tushar.mokal
    Froyo May 22, 2019

tushar.mokal , May 22, 2019 :
    In case of transferring /backup apps, Is there possibility of taking app with data backup.

So that logging in each and every individual app is minimized.

NetrunnerX, burotico and Mjo like this.
  6. Rksnow1
    Eclair May 22, 2019

Rksnow1 , May 22, 2019 :
    Great tool and How to. This Will greatly speed up set up times for customers. I'll pass the info along to my team today. Keep it up!

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  7. MasterSwami
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 22, 2019

8. G1558518545085
    Cupcake May 22, 2019

G1558518545085 , May 22, 2019 :
    Hi!

Just got the OnePlus 7 Pro and I'm using OnePlus Switch to migrate photos and videos from my old iPhone 6. Unfortunately I've ran into two problems:

1) According to the OnePlus Switch app on my iPhone 6, it says there's only around ~2000 photos available to export. While there's actually (checking the 'Photos' app on my iPhone) around ~8000 photos. So the app seems to be missing a lot of photos. Anyone know why that is? Can I do anything about it?

2) Those photos that I actually did manage to export are now in the 'File Manager' folder on my OnePlus 7 Pro. However, the dates are all wrong, meaning that the photos in that folder are not sorted according to when they were taken. So finding a specific photo is extremely difficult now as I can't seem to sort them at all. Am I perhaps missing something?

Thanks!

jayatla likes this.
  9. Helder_DAlmeida
    Honeycomb May 22, 2019

10. An.I.Am
    Jelly Bean Moderator May 22, 2019

11. Defiant2005
    Gingerbread May 22, 2019

Defiant2005 , May 22, 2019 :
    I used it but it was not 100%.
    My OnePlus 6 had 120 Gig of data, the transfer copied 28 gig.
    I suspect content I download using the Google Movies, Books, Music apps we need to be downloaded again.

Really useful program and I highly recommend it.

Last edited: May 23, 2019

12. Andariel636
    Cupcake May 22, 2019

Andariel636 , May 22, 2019 :
    Just tried to use switch between OnePlus 5t and a 7pro. Resumed 2 times from beginning, stuck at 99% on the 7pro and 100% on the 5t.

Some apps doesn't opening (Strava, busuu, GoPro). All ok after uninstall/reinstall.

13. Papasernaaa
    Eclair May 23, 2019

Papasernaaa , May 23, 2019 :
    Almost all of the apps transferred had to be deleted and reinstalled. They would crash when trying to open on the either the 6t it the 7 Pro. Minor inconvenience.

Shooper likes this.
  14. Dirk66
    Froyo May 23, 2019

Dirk66 , May 23, 2019 :
    I used it from s8+ to 7 pro and it worked pretty good. saved me a lot of time. well done.

15. Pancake345
    Cupcake May 23, 2019

Pancake345 , May 23, 2019 :
    I attempted to use this while migrating from a Pixel 2XL running Android Q and after an hour of trying I gave up. For whatever reason the Pixel could not discover my OnePlus.

16. Mildromeda
    Gingerbread May 23, 2019

Mildromeda , May 23, 2019 :
    did this to switch from my OnePlus 6 to the 7 pro and ran into some odd issues, asphalt 9 wouldn't open even if uninstalled and reinstalled. The same with other apps and somehow I had random people's pictures on my phone? possibly from previous owner of the 6 but the phone was reset anyway I transferred texts and contacts, calls I run a business so that's all I really needed.

Hands down best phone on Earth 1+7pro

17. wcarino03
    Cupcake May 23, 2019

Crucifier0622 likes this.
  18. ziyangdiao
    Eclair May 23, 2019

ziyangdiao , May 23, 2019 :
    I have trouble to finish the transaction with the app, it stops at 90% and never finish the application setting and documents transaction.

Shooper likes this.
  19. mstella
    Froyo May 23, 2019

mstella , May 23, 2019 :
    While it does ease up the process, it's not 100% fool proof. Instagram, for some reason, didn't migrate. Launcher settings didn't either. Any other way to migrate Oneplus' launcher?

20. OPToxic
    Honeycomb May 23, 2019

OPToxic , May 23, 2019 :
    Thanks for the info @Gary C.

I used the OnePlus Switch to move my data from a OP6 to OP7 Pro, and then wiped my OP6 and done the same again with a WileyFox Swift X to the OP6.

Worked perfectly.!