Sound Headphone Buttons aren't working.

1. Johannes Ibald
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2017

Johannes Ibald , Dec 15, 2017 :
    I guess the title explains ist all. My earphones have the classic three buttons control volume up/down plus a play pause button in-between. I can ONLY pause. It doesn't play anymore after that and I can't change the volume. Volume control used to work. It even asked me if I want to exceed the recommended volume level or I wouldn't let me go louder. Now these buttons are dead. Weirdly enough the headphones are shown in the status bar with a tiny mic and when I press the middle button the mic disappears and only the headphones stay. Somehow the controls are mapped to the mic. Anybody has help or is the jack broken?

2. Johannes Ibald
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2017

Johannes Ibald , Dec 15, 2017 :
    Wow I just realized the earphones I got have two different versions. One is for Apple one is for Android. My buddy got me the Apple ones for my birthday. They are the Bose soundsport inear headphones.

3. ikram245
    Cupcake Dec 23, 2017

ikram245 , Dec 23, 2017 :
    I too have the same problem. My earphone buttons work just fine when I connect to other devices but I can't change track or volume or pause with my earphones on my OnePlus 5. Did you find a solution to this?

4. Johannes Ibald
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2018

Johannes Ibald , Jan 10, 2018 :
    I'm afraid I can't really help you. I know that there's an app for mapping earphone buttons, maybe check that out. For my pair there's no chance since they're for apple devices which is retarded haha.

5. ikram245
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2018

ikram245 , Jan 10, 2018 :
    well I visited the OnePlus service centre and they diagnosed the problem was with my hardware. So I will get it repaired.
    Thank you though

6. Johannes Ibald
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2018

Alright awesome. I guess you live in Asia? Hard to find a service center in Germany haha

7. AlexRuiz.OnePlus
    Honeycomb Jan 10, 2018

AlexRuiz.OnePlus , Jan 10, 2018 :
    Hi,
    As you mention the problem is with the compatibility of the Headphone i think only have to change the wire. I have the same problem with my Bose headphone since my last cellphone a moto z

8. Johannes Ibald
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2018

Too bad the cable isn't interchangeable. At least not without breaking the earphones :/

9. _codee_
    Donut Mar 14, 2018

10. Gergő_Oláh
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2019

Gergő_Oláh , Oct 29, 2019 :
    I had the same problem with my 3T. I rebooted the phone, and it resolved the problem. I can't believe, that 3T is still a useable and a pretty good device after 4 years in 2019 :)) Thx. OnePlus