Headphones w/ Mic Experience w/ OPO

1. pilotone
    Jelly Bean Jul 25, 2014

pilotone , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I understand there are several threads regarding headphones but I have only seen posts regarding their own opinion about what brands they like or not. What I'd like to know (and I'm sure many others would to) is for those who do have an OPO, which headphones w/ mic have you used that are compatible? Meaning, there are no issues w/ the volume control as well as the mic for calls.

2. Jsnirizarry
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2014

Jsnirizarry , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I use my earpods with the one+ and the sound is amazing with the equalizer. I know the volume control doesn't work there so wouldn't be compatible with calls either. I've tested the mic and that worked fine, probably not a great as it should but gets the job done.

pilotone likes this.
  3. B-Rad
    KitKat Jul 25, 2014

pilotone likes this.
  4. pilotone
    Jelly Bean Jul 25, 2014

pilotone , Jul 25, 2014 :
    Ok so the Apple EarPods are a no go....

Anyone else?

5. John Blue
    Donut Aug 20, 2014

6. Hendrix1
    Eclair Sep 18, 2014

Hendrix1 , Sep 18, 2014 :
    I've been using an old hello direct headset for conference calls, but recently the mic quality started to go bad. I'm now in search of a new headset for on or over the ear use.

7. playedmarker
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2014

playedmarker , Sep 18, 2014 :
    I used my standard LG's from my previous phone, they works fine, tho it has no volume control.

8. syedraza715
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2014

dooboo likes this.
  9. Jasonnguyenz
    Eclair Sep 18, 2014

Jasonnguyenz , Sep 18, 2014 :
    I use a-Jays One+ which is really good in sound quality (as good as Apple Earpod) and the mic with button works perfectly.. it even have an app which you can download from playstore .. the headphone is around $40 which i think is a fairly price :)

10. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Sep 18, 2014

geraldcortez , Sep 18, 2014 :
    i'm pretty sure most of the headphones designed for iPhones will not work completely with any Android (controls)... specially the Beats by Dre line (which sound quality is ridiculous).. I'm currently using a mix of Sony headphones / headset (iPhone and non-iPhone variants), of course the non-iPhone variants works fine..

For now the best bang for your money would probably be the Klipsch S4a - don;t buy S4i, they are for iPhones... Klipsch has pretty good reviews, I would buy one sooner or later.

11. dooboo
    Froyo Dec 8, 2014

dooboo , Dec 8, 2014 :
    I confirm that the stock in-ear Samsung headphone that you get will work with OPO, including all volume control, mic, and answer/hang-up function.

Need to find a cable with inline control that works so that I can use with my other headphone, which cable does not work. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014