Swatiranjan and Dresa91 like this.
  2. bjorg18
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2020

bjorg18 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    This is a good thing.

3. proharsh1
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2020

proharsh1 , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Everything seems to be the bestt. Can some1 guide me about the processor? I used every OP phone so what difference ill be noticing? From SOC 800 to 700?

5. MesToz
    Donut Jul 16, 2020

MesToz , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Can we use which version we want to buy at 21th or one size fits all?

6. Some_Random_Username
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2020

ariblaze, Luke-S and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  7. MesToz
    Donut Jul 16, 2020

MesToz , Jul 16, 2020 :
    HI Shawn, can choose between different options at 21th?

8. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 16, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Hey @Shawn L. and the whole OnePlus Nord team,
    thank you for this awesome thread:)
    Thanks for the news and update:)
    You can feel the hype:)
    I am really curious about the new device:)
    All the best for you and the team:)
    I hope everything works out the way you want it to:)
    Cheers:)

TibiTibi and Swatiranjan like this.
  9. Danny C. , via OnePlus 7 Pro Almond , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Excellently written, Shawn! You have quite the exquisite style of telling a story. It's been nice listening to the process and explanation of deeper things. Thanks Shawn, and don't forget to Never Settle.

10. ahuja_varun
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2020

ahuja_varun , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Kudos to the OnePlus team !!
    [e]1f44f[/e]🏼[e]1f44f[/e]🏼❣️❣️[e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]

#oneplus #neversettle #oneplusnord #mynord

12. Khushal_Movaliya1
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

13. Kosutasu1
    Eclair Jul 16, 2020

Kosutasu1 , Jul 16, 2020 :
    First of all, thank you so much for sharing this, much appreciated! Being an iPhone user for many years, it was very difficult to switch to Android, as some apps for iOS are exceptionally good and not available in any other platform. However, OnePlus convinced me with the 6 and I did the switch. It was the design, the OxygenOS and the amazing support that never made me regretting it. The fact also that OnePlus is a company that listens is hugely important and launching the Nord at this time is the best decision you could have made in my opinion.

Since then, 7 Pro followed, but camera was not quick enough to capture my baby daughter, so got a Pixel 4. Already pre-ordered Nord, as it is very promising regarding photography, so I can't wait to get it.

You mentioned that Google Dialler is going to be pre-installed. Does that mean that it will have the caller ID and search functionality? I really do hope it will!

Congratulations for all you have achieved, you make a lot of people happy :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020

JalananFreak likes this.
  14. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 16, 2020 :
    I'm surprised a version of this "mid-range" smartphone is packed with a whopping 12GB RAM. Last October's OP7T only came with 8GB! Can someone perhaps more knowledgeable of the market kindly explain why the Nord, with its Snapdragon 765G 5G processor, might need this amount of RAM at this level? Is OnePlus overcompensating on the spec sheet because of its competition? Will the average user notice a difference, or is the Nord a mighty 'flagship killer' for gamers and shutterbugs alike? Could less RAM have significantly reduced the price?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020

Dresa91 likes this.
  15. IamNived
    Froyo Jul 16, 2020

SeanPlus likes this.
  16. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2020

Some_Random_Username likes this.
  17. zahirsha
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2020

18. Martin_VN
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2020

19. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 16, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Hats off to you and your product team for bringing such a great device in such a small span of time, and I must congratulate the entire Sales & Marketing team for getting connected to millions.
    Without disclosure of price, it's sold out.
    It tells the story and hardwork being put together getting one of the most awaited device to market.
    User experience 'll decide the direction of device further.

Thanks for sharing your story @Shawn L.

Dresa91 likes this.
  20. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 16, 2020

gaster , Jul 16, 2020 :
    Hi @Shawn L. Thanks for sharing this sweet post. I really enjoyed reading it. I am excited that you pushed the limits and offered more touch sampling rate on the Nord compared to the 7T as well as that it will come with 12GB RAM version too. These specs along with the Snapdragon 765G 5G and the OxygenOS smoothness, makes me think that we probably not notice much difference between 90 and 120Hz phones in a simple usage. Good job with your hard work guys and I hope everything will go smooth.

OnePlus users wanted so much time by time a device with more affordable price that it will bring back the Never Settle feeling at its best. But with Nord it seems it's not just a cheaper device but a chance to get the OnePlus great experience with a device of such an affordable price range and good hardware. Best of luck :)

Dresa91 likes this.