Heart & Passion 2: Camera

1. Praju.
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2020

Praju. , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 17, 2020 :
    @Simon Liu. It looks like you and the team have put your heart and soul into creating these amazing cameras [e]1f4f7[/e] on this really special phone a.k.a. OnePlus Nord.
    Can't wait to check them out and capture some great moments [e]1f525[/e][e]1f525[/e]

YRJ likes this.
  2. jkb114
    Lollipop Jul 17, 2020

fromsophie likes this.
  3. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jul 17, 2020

Dunnow , Jul 17, 2020 :
    I'm pretty excited to see this, but something tells me the quality of the camera will not be on par as the bigger brothers of this device, and I would really like to see the same camera performance on all the devices each generation. Camera quality should not be compromised being the pro, the normal 8 or the "cheap" version of the phone. A picture from OnePlus should be a picture from OP. Same sensor, same lenses, same processing.

I would also like to have access to every single camera in pro modes, is that too ambitious to ask? :S

ASCHENTE_V, Laree, Mr. BG and 2 others like this.
  4. Chikuuuu16
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2020

Chikuuuu16 , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Eagerly waiting for this flagship device hope the Device will stand on our predictions @Simon Liu. you're really great You've done wonderful work

5. N1574330972162
    Eclair Jul 17, 2020

6. DarshanMeniya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2020

Dresa91 likes this.
  7. wladkqo

8. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 17, 2020

YRJ , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Hello @Simon Liu. ,
    Welcome to the forums and thanks for the deep dive into the Nord's camera system.

It's seems with Nord you've taken the idea of "the more the merrier" quite seriously when it comes to the cameras. While the proverb is true I'm not sure if that applies to smartphone cameras. If I had to compare it with industry standards, and other OEMs, I see a shifting focus from hardware to software.
    Today's smartphones have the best of hardware, and the ever increasing Megapixel count gives an idea that the camera is on-par or even better than professional cameras.

Unfortunately, that isn't true. Addition of more lenses is giving us versatility. But the quality of images seems to have plateaued. Smartphone cameras are limited by form, and computational photography is the only hope for these phablets to shine.
    While every sensor is x% better than the old one, I do not see that translating into real world usage.
    For context, I use an iPhone 7Plus alongside my android daily driver, the OnePlus 7T, and more often than not the iPhone tends to take a better picture of the exact same setting. It's worth noting that the iPhone was launched back in 2016 almost 4 years ago.

Talking of Nord, the camera setup does sound great however, I'm more interested to see how good pictures it will be able to reproduce. Looking forward to what you have come up with this time.

All the best! :)

Neerajan, Simon Liu., script and 6 others like this.

YRJ and Dresa91 like this.
  10. AlexanderMK
    Froyo Jul 17, 2020

11. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Excelente as always my friend @YRJ!

Mr. BG, YRJ and Dresa91 like this.

Laree likes this.
  13. YRJ

YRJ , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Many thanks my friend.
    Just my 2 cents! :sweatsmile:

Helder_DAlmeida, Mr. BG and Dresa91 like this.
  14. YRJ

YRJ , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Why are you cheesed off? :p :D
    Apparently it is. They have, time and again, turned down users request for full control over the hardware.

Mr. BG and Dresa91 like this.
  15. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 17, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 17, 2020 :
    The camera specs are more than OK, but, as a former loyal customer there is one big reason I currently own a Pixel 3A, yes, that dodgy, cheap plastic midrange phone with a simple 12Mpx camera.

The software makes all the difference, and to be honest, Oneplus have always been a mixed bag when it comes to camera performance. And it is, next to a smooth, clean Android version the only argument for me to get a phone.

So, I'd really love of you could tell us some more on what enhancements you guys did to make it incredible.

This, exactly what I mean.

Heir, heir...

o_O
    :confused:
    Guys, you start to look like Bots here...:rolleyes:
    Great camera performance on the whole product line.

That would put Oneplus on par with the iPhone and Pixel phones, just imagine...

Bot invasion confirmed :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020

Neerajan, script, ASCHENTE_V and 3 others like this.
  16. Dhruv Kashyap

Dhruv Kashyap , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jul 17, 2020 :
    [e]1f602[/e], i was the first one though😅[e]1f31f[/e][e]2728[/e]🌠[e]1f44d[/e][e]1f602[/e]

Mr. BG and YRJ like this.
  17. YRJ

YRJ , Jul 17, 2020 :
    You just admitted that you were the first bot who inturn triggered the bot army. Nicee :D :p

18. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Jul 17, 2020

the_o2 , Jul 17, 2020 :
    I don't have any higher expectations with Nord in camera department to be honest, if it good it would be great :)
    Thanks for thread.

script, Mr. BG, YRJ and 1 other person like this.
  19. Dhruv Kashyap

Helder_DAlmeida and YRJ like this.
  20. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 17, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Here you can tell the old socks from the youngsters :D

You, @YRJ @Dunnow, we've heard these stories of the next best thing before.

Claiming the greatest camera of all, only to see those claims not being met.

Let's see how it goes...

script, ASCHENTE_V, Dunnow and 5 others like this.