Heart & Passion 2: Camera

1. manojsurya99
    Jelly Bean Jul 17, 2020

manojsurya99 , Jul 17, 2020 :
    @Simon Liu. Some of the crazy specifications for a mid range mobile.
    Even though camera has become one of the driving factor for deciding on the mobile, these specifications are totally insane for a mid range segment.

Dresa91 likes this.
  2. Roadstar
    Froyo Jul 17, 2020

Roadstar , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Considering the fact that I've preordered, I really hope OnePlus lives up to the photography promise this time. My previous OnePlus phone was the 5, which was pre-hyped for its photography skills but what we ended up getting was watercolor photos when you zoomed in even the slightest. I hope this time around it's closer to the OP8 camera performance where they finally seemed to take a nice quality leap.

3. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 17, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Smartphone photography is more popular than Internet browsing, emailing, app downloading, and gaming.

According to a Comtech study done in 2014, the quality of a smartphone's camera is the third most important consideration for phone buyers, trailing only 4G/LTE capability and reliability/durability.

Source: Petapixel.

Camera is important, period.

SJBoss, ASCHENTE_V and Dresa91 like this.
  4. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 17, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Through the bank, they've always over promised and under delivered on the camera. Or they started off wrong (I had A Oneplus X, 'nuff said) and never got it right, or they seemed to get it right, but screwed it up later on.

Even my previous Redmi 4X and 5 were way ahead, despite being cheap phones. I'll stick to my Pixel 3A anyway, as all Oneplus phones are way too big.

Neerajan, SJBoss, ASCHENTE_V and 2 others like this.
  5. samay kasliwal
    Eclair Jul 17, 2020

samay kasliwal , Jul 17, 2020 :
    agreed, but I think even oppo & vivo & mi are similar in terms of performance. only the quality of hardware is different in above mentioned brands n OnePlus. this difference increases the life of mi & oneplus compared with oppo n vivo. OnePlus & Samsung's & mi's premium phones lasts for 3-4 years easily and even more. I don't have any user experience with premium phones of MI yet, so I can be wrong about Mi. overall somethings are really good in samsung & some are in OnePlus, but after using OnePlus for a month, I can say samsung is quite better, as I am facing a lot of problems in my oneplus 8. smooth performance is a myth in case of OnePlus 8, they need to improve many things in this phone. only good thing where I can clearly praise OnePlus is its battery. samsung don't have such an outstanding battery performance.

6. Oxygen_
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2020

Oxygen_ , Jul 17, 2020 :
    It's not going to be top notch, unless they drastically improve image processing. No way it's gonna be better than P4XL.

The main sensor is the same as OP7/OP7P and OP8 do have. And those phones are mediocre at best. The Nord will not have the same main sensor as the 8 Pro - that made a significant step in terms of photo quality.

It'd be good for the money, but don't expect anything Pixel-like.

Deactivated User and Mr. BG like this.
  7. ninja123456
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2020

ninja123456 , via OnePlus 5 Midnight Black , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Its not a flagship camera. Due to cost cutting OnePlus always includes some mid-range hardwares. Never once oneplus topped dxomark and never once it outperformed rival flagship smartphones.Why are you creating do much hype about it?

Mr. BG likes this.
  8. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 17, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Because of this

SJBoss and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  9. jaivaghela
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2020

jaivaghela , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Seems like a pretty awesome set up, although a bit sceptic if that 2mp macro camera will also be present, haven't heard the best about that but the rest seems awesome for the price.

10. pkatole24
    Froyo Jul 17, 2020

pkatole24 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 17, 2020 :
    OnePlus never meant to create a flagship phone until i guess the 8 Pro. All other phones were meant to be flagship killers to provide flagship like experience. And so it never beat rival flagships.
    And Nord is clearly a mid-ranger. The hype is for it is because it maybe the best midranger yet. If the hype is justified or not, time will tell

11. malidan
    Nougat Jul 17, 2020

malidan , Jul 17, 2020 :
    I believe you and I've been telling the Hype train for years.

12. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 17, 2020

Mr. BG and Dresa91 like this.
  13. malidan
    Nougat Jul 17, 2020

malidan , Jul 17, 2020 :
    I think you have been watching too many YouTube video's, you don't pay the kind of money OP is charging and expect to get a so so camera.
    Many OEMs are already charging a good chunk less for the same hardware and consistant camera's.

Neerajan, SJBoss, ASCHENTE_V and 2 others like this.
  14. S1593155543783
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2020

15. Abdul Basith2
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2020

16. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 17, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Well, you know...:confused: How did you find me?

Voices... o_O speaking truth to power

Little voices that don't buy the HYPE! Words of the One... :oops: Crap

17. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Jul 17, 2020

Mr. BG , Jul 17, 2020 :
    What kind of nonsense is that Abdul?

You're literally saying nothing, except HYPE words.

SJBoss, Dresa91 and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  18. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 17, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Power of watercolor and "fix" with updates.

Dresa91 and Mr. BG like this.
  19. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jul 17, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Already expecting threads, like:

"Fix Nord camera"
    "Blurry image"
    "Too bright, too dark, poor details"
    "Give us camera update"
    "This update fixed nothing".

Eagerly waiting 🍿🍿🍿

20. Abdul Basith2
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2020

Abdul Basith2 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 17, 2020 :
    Facts and numbers is part of every phone but the thing that matters is its performance in real world and when it comes to the camera,is to be able to capture the special moments of life in its detail.