Heart & Passion 2: Camera

1. S225566
    Cupcake Jul 22, 2020

2. 7278102128 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Same here!!

3. 7278102128 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 22, 2020 :
    Hi Dears, I have gotten today OnePlus preorder kit for 499rs. from Amazon. But I am damn confusion [e]1f612[/e] how i am eligible for the tomorrow's booking and avail 5,000 worth benefits. Can any one of you help my doubt please !

4. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2020

5. yogesh615
    Cupcake Jul 25, 2020

6. rahulprasadns
    Eclair Jul 29, 2020

7. mariusmuntensky
    Froyo Jul 31, 2020 at 2:50 PM

Mr. BG likes this.
  8. Neerajan
    Froyo Aug 2, 2020 at 3:24 AM

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 2, 2020 at 3:24 AM :
    I currently use OnePlus 8, everything other the main camera is not good in simple terms. OnePlus you have included great hardware, but to utilize it we have to install gcam port. Untill you fix the existing issues don't hype the cameras which are mediocre at best. Only comparable to mid range devices. Only exception being the OnePlus 8 pro. You guys really need to work on the camera, and what's up with that 2 mp macro. Why do you guys even use one? Guys you use your main camera to take better macro shots. I thought OnePlus restrained from IP rating to reduce cost, instead they could have thrown away this garbage macro lens to save cost. Who even have the ideas to include a 2mp macro camera in a flagship device.

Please acknowledge the camera processing is not up to the mark when we see how much we pay for the device.

samay kasliwal likes this.
  9. samay kasliwal
    Donut Aug 2, 2020 at 2:29 PM

samay kasliwal , Aug 2, 2020 at 2:29 PM :
    even I don't understand y they added a macro camera... pics clicked in macro are never clear at all. above all the biggest disappointment is oneplus used the same 48mp in the mid range Nord, n boasting in their marketing. I could have waited for Nord if u were using the same camera in a phone which is of almost half price compared to 8. i really wish to go to consumer court for the quality of camera n price charged after checking the Nord, but practically I can not fight with legal team of oneplus. OnePlus cheated on the name of 8.

Neerajan likes this.
  10. Neerajan
    Froyo Aug 2, 2020 at 3:05 PM

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 2, 2020 at 3:05 PM :
    I also had the initial feeling, but hopefully OnePlus wouldn't screw up their customers. There is one major difference in camera quality that is overlooked, 'ISP' of the chip. I was able to compare the photos taken from OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 8, and there is a consistent difference in the performance of the main rear camera, the night mode in OnePlus 8 is much better. Not sure whether this difference is owing to the ISP or OnePlus have actually have made improvements to their camera modules. But anyways the macro and front camera is way off when compared with that of 7T specially in low light.

Yeah OnePlus literally gave the same if not better camera hardware to the Nord, but unfortunately the Nord has an inferior processor which fails to take advantage of the camera hardware. I couldn't compare the images, but YouTube comparison suggest Nord is better in selfie camera, and "almost" comparable to 8 in rear camera.

2mp macro is kind of cheap, but the implementation in OnePlus 8 is really bad. There were several other phones which had a better implementation of 2mp macro camera, I could think of redmi note 8 which is a budget phone.

So yeah OnePlus definitely has a lot to do in their image processing algorithms.

11. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 2, 2020 at 5:46 PM

Mr. BG , Aug 2, 2020 at 5:46 PM :
    Six photo sensors. Overkill. Marketing tech, IMHO.

That 2Mp macro sensor turned out to be pretty useless according to quite a few knowledgeable reviewers , and that 5Mp depth sensor could easily be done with computational photography software, considering the 12Mp sensor in my Pixel does a better job than the four on the Nord.

I know this is the current mobile equivalent of haute couture, nothing sensible there, only trying to impress more than the next competitor.

I find it quite disappointing that you just dropped your message here,but do not bother to engage or interact with the community.

Then again, i should know better by now to expect anything else...

12. Monggoos
    Donut Aug 4, 2020 at 1:20 PM

Monggoos , via OnePlus 3T , Aug 4, 2020 at 1:20 PM :
    After many reviews taken you can be sure that the 2mp and 5mp are totally useless and OnePlus could be more to the NORD if the would have skipped these and put an ois on the ultra wide ea well. That would show that they have really focused on photo quality. Just see how Google have acting with the new 4a....just one main sensor, nothing else. Just imagine OnePlus had spend the money for those to sensors on stereo speaker or OIS in the ultrawide or put wireless charging inside.

13. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 4, 2020 at 3:32 PM

Mr. BG , Aug 4, 2020 at 3:32 PM :
    Not going to happen I'm afraid.

I'm sorry, but that's nonsense.

first, at this price point the 765G is anything but inferior.

Second, the processor has very little to do with the image quality.

Just look at the Pixel 3A and 4a, the processors and camera hardware are nothing compared to the Nord. Image processing is the keyword here, computational photography is what makes the Google Pixel and iPhones stand out every time.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020 at 3:39 PM

14. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 4, 2020 at 3:50 PM

15. Neerajan
    Froyo Aug 4, 2020 at 3:50 PM

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 4, 2020 at 3:50 PM :
    Since OnePlus has there own image processing algorithms, the only difference in this case of Nord and 8 is the ISP right? I was referring to that.

I didn't compare it with Google pixel 4a or 3a. I was comparing the difference between Nord and 8. Yeah we all know that Google has better image processing.