Heavily considering upgrading to a OP3

?

Is the OP3 a better experience overall with less issues than previous OnePlus phones?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2016

Nickexp , Sep 1, 2016 :
    So, someone broke my OP2 at school, but since the cost of fixing it is more expensive than just getting a new phone (and I've found a OP3 for not much more) I reckon I'll get a OP3 to replace it using the money for a replacement OP2 and then throwing in some of my own money (which it looks like will be like $5 to get in Australia, so it's definitely worth it).

I'm basically certain I'll do this, but what are your thoughts on the OP3 so far? I haven't seen the usual posts about all sorts of hardware issues and software issues don't seem to be that bad. What issues/basic annoyances have you had (personally I feel the design of the phone looks too much like an iPhone mixed with a Galaxy and not enough like Oneplus, but I can deal with that) and what would you say the improvements are over the OP2 (the fingerprint scanner actually working seems like a big one to me. Lol).

2. norilb
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2016

norilb , Sep 1, 2016 :
    It is always better to upgrafe tjan to keep the old phone going because over time the software will be so out of date it wont work properly, especially as they cost of fixing it and getting a mew phone is almost the same u should definitely upgrade.

3. norilb
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2016

mrambriz likes this.
  4. Intruder71
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2016

Intruder71 , Sep 1, 2016 :
    Just got my 3 about half an hour ago, loving it so far...
    Edit one little annoying probably they have swapped the hardware buttons back and home keep pressing the wrong one used to my OPO

House_Maniac and Nickexp like this.
  5. jan.thue
    Eclair Sep 1, 2016

jan.thue , Sep 1, 2016 :
    You can change this one in settings

Nickexp and Intruder71 like this.
  6. Intruder71
    Lollipop Sep 1, 2016

Nickexp likes this.
  7. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2016

Nickexp , Sep 1, 2016 :
    Yeah, obviously. It would have cost 300 EUR just for the parts, then there would be the labour fees, shipping and 10% tax (Goods and Services tax, it's a ***** when buying foreign products that don't include it in the price and getting them to Australia). I found the cheapest OP2 on ebay was like $4 less than a OP3 from a 3rd party seller so I gave the person the quote for the ebay phone and I'll just add in my own money and get a OP3. Sucks that OnePlus don't ship directly to Australia, I hate having to deal with 3rd party sellers. I was just wondering how good the OP3 is, cause if there's any major issues I might stick with a OP2 but so far it sounds like an amazing phone.

8. jan.thue
    Eclair Sep 1, 2016

jan.thue , Sep 1, 2016 :
    In my opinion, the motor of vibration is much too weak, I missed some calls while the phone was in my jeans pocket... Even when I knew, a call will come in...

Nickexp likes this.
  9. TheManNL
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2016

TheManNL , Sep 1, 2016 :
    Honestly, it's the best phone I've ever had. Up until now I've owned (or still own) a Galaxy S2, Nexus 4, LG G2, LG G3, LG G4 and now the Oneplus 3. The Oneplus blows them all away. Seriously, 99 percent of the people have absolutely no problem with this phone and experience it like the beast it is. It feels super solid, very high-end and the camera capabilities are really good. Just go for it, it will be the best phone you've ever had.

Nickexp likes this.
  10. freddieknapp
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2016

freddieknapp , Sep 1, 2016 :
    I had a OPO and have had the OP3 for about a month. Also have owned a Note 5 and Nexus 6 and 6P recently. The OP3 is the best phone I've ever owned. I would advise you to buy one of the slim cases and the dash car charger. Phone is fast and flawless. Order the curved tempered glass. The regular tempered glass leaves too much exposed.

House_Maniac and Nickexp like this.
  11. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2016

Nickexp , Sep 1, 2016 :
    I'm 15, I don't drive- but I will be getting a battery bank. Also, thanks for the info on the tempered glass, I was just gonna get the normal one.
    EDIT: Can't find curved glass, only the normal one. I'm going to be getting a bamboo styleswap and a Dbrand skin, so is it really that important? I had the standard glass on the last phone and it went through hell- even now, with some dumbass at my school even managing to cause dead pixels and bend the phone, the screen is completely scratch and crack free (the screen protector is screwed, though).

12. freddieknapp
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2016

freddieknapp , Sep 1, 2016 :
    https://oneplus.net/oneplus-3-curved-tempered-glass-screen-protector

13. riffraff81
    KitKat Sep 1, 2016

House_Maniac likes this.
  14. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2016

Nickexp , Sep 1, 2016 :
    Oneplus don't ship directly to Australia, so I won't be buying from them, unfortunately. Not that it matters tbh, the standard tempered glass + a good case combo was a beast for me, and the OP3 seems to be more durable in general, plus the Dbrand skin will give it an extra little bit of protection my OP2 didn't, as well.

15. Nickexp
    Honeycomb Sep 1, 2016

Nickexp , Sep 1, 2016 :
    Yeah, I'm excited to get it. Just need to wait for the kid who broke my phone's parents to pay, which I reckon they will, then I'll pay the extra for a OP3 (which isn't even that much and definitely worth it.

16. adamsanchez
    Eclair Sep 1, 2016

adamsanchez , Sep 1, 2016 :
    Ive not been a previous oneplus user but having got the OP3 i have to say its an amazing phone for the price and very happy with it indeed! I've always been an android person but did have the original first ever iphone that came out but after they kept coming up with crap versions went back to decent android phones. I gave the OP3 the chance due to the specs and have to say im very happy to have chosen it over others that were double the price, well done OP!!

Nickexp likes this.
  17. norilb
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2016

norilb , Sep 1, 2016 :
    I would recommend being very careful who the third party is because it could be fake or sone issues with it

18. Andrew2437
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2016

Andrew2437 , Sep 1, 2016 :
    I love my OP 3 and ''tis a great all around phone. Downsides: Terrible camera and mike, and customer support. Other than that I would recommend it I love mine. Slap a Dbrand skin and a temper glass screen protector and your good!

19. Andrew2437
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2016

20. HarshanSG
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2016

HarshanSG , Sep 1, 2016 :
    The only issues for me are:
    1) The touchscreen sometimes not registering inputs near the sides of the screen
    2) The hardware navigation keys are weird. When I feel like my finger is tapping the black space under the screen, the end result is me tapping something on-screen. Then again, the phone size is huge for me.
    3) Video recording sucks big time, especially on snapchat. It's like 15 fps

Also keep in mind that the screen protector makes the colors a bit off and it doesn't cover the sides of the screen completely. Atleast they fixed the youtube 60fps issue :D. Overall the phone is well worth the money but don't expect it to compete with the best.

BTW why would you get a Dbrand skin AND put a bamboo case ontop of it? doesn't that defeat the purpose of the skin?