Hello 1+ Community!

1. streethobomax
    Donut May 15, 2015

streethobomax , May 15, 2015 :
    My Names Max, I just ran across the one+1 phone recently through a friend and I couldn't put it down! I was so intrigued by it and wanted to learn more about it. Let alone he said they have a one+2 in production. So I checked out the site and figured why not join up. I mean who wouldn't to learn about Cyanogen and now OxygenOS?! I'm new to the whole flagship killer thing so I get pretty excited reading about that stuff. I currently use a Galaxy Note4(T-Mobile) from a iPhone 5s and like it so far. Some things I'm currently into Traveling(will be in Thailand later this year), Sports(Soccer,Football,Basketball), Video games, BEER! and WWE.

I have a few questions for you Jedi class one+1 phone users, feel free to answers or not! just wanted to get personal info from users.

What are your favorite features with the phone?

How would compare it to new model phones coming out?(Carriers,Apps,Camera,Music/Storage use)

Any problems you countered so far that you hope to be changed?

Cheers!

rat10cheez, kanno, rez1_k and 3 others like this.
  2. nchaitanyareddy
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 15, 2015

nchaitanyareddy , May 15, 2015 :
    Welcome :)
    Fav features?
    Not enough space to write em all. :D
    If you want to know about some specific ones, ask me. I'll tell you. :)

streethobomax likes this.
  3. Pranjal.Cmod
    KitKat May 15, 2015

streethobomax, kanno and Ceasedd like this.
  4. WakaWakaWaka

WakaWakaWaka , May 15, 2015 :
    My fav feature,if you'd call it that, is the amount of ROMs available.

No root available for my galaxy alpha was the main reason I switched to opo.

Not a single issue for me, so don't let the number of negative threads fool you

streethobomax, Takendown and Ceasedd like this.
  5. sponge_dork
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2015

sponge_dork , May 15, 2015 :
    Hi there! Welcome to the forums!:)
    There are way too many features I like to list in this quick reply.
    I would say that the phones coming out right now are better but this phone is more than a year old.
    I have no problems with the phone.:)

streethobomax and Ceasedd like this.
  6. feluda
    Lollipop May 15, 2015

7. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2015

LifelessLewis , May 15, 2015 :
    Hey there Max!

To answer your questions;
    -Everything
    -Same, if not better
    -Nope

Best phone ever.

streethobomax, Takendown and Ceasedd like this.
  8. ClicheUsername
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2015

9. kadowson

10. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran May 15, 2015

11. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow May 15, 2015

Ceasedd , May 15, 2015 :
    Welcome to the forum.Socal here.:):)Cheers.:)

12. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow May 15, 2015

Ceasedd , May 15, 2015 :
    I really like your post.

kanno and WakaWakaWaka like this.
  13. kanno
    KitKat May 15, 2015

14. Takendown
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2015

Takendown , May 15, 2015 :
    Hello and welcome to our community!

My favourite feature about this phone is the wide library of ROMs available for this device. The possibilities are endless! Do you know how many ROMs exist for the OnePlus One (Bacon)? Me neither, but I know it's a heck-of-a-lot! To each, their own and everyone remains happy. Best thing is your warranty is not voided by each flashing of a custom ROM. Now that...is pretty amazing.

As for this phone competing with newer models: it's doing a pretty good job however the OnePlus One can only compete so much before newer models surpass it, technology-wise. That is to be expected when you put a 2014 flagship killer up against a 2015 high end smartphone (like the G4 or the S6).

Either way, the OnePlus One is an amazing smartphone that definitely deserves the attention it receives.

As for problems - I've received none that I can complain about.

15. guijan12
    KitKat May 15, 2015

16. d1beats
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2015

17. rez1_k

rez1_k , May 15, 2015 :
    Hello Max... Great to see your enthusiasm.

The OnePlus One (Mostly abbreviated "OPO" here) has a lot of great highlights as well as a number of potential downfalls. In short - it has excellent performance, a wide selection of custom ROMs, great hardware specs, an excellent community following, and is a relatively obscure and rare device. That being said, it does come with a few warning labels: due to a manufacturing issue, some OPOs are prone to touchscreen issues, a propensity toward bootlooping, cellular radio issues, and poor undervolting due to the CPU binning. Don't let that scare you away though, the problems are rare and only affect a small portion of the OPO's customer base.

1+ is a relatively new company and its understandable that their ambitious first project would have a problem or two... I've been using mine for several months now and I haven't had any of the common issues, but I did discover that I ended up with a lower-bin CPU. No big deal. The upcoming 1+2 should take care of all these issues and possibly carry a slightly higher price tag; there are already too many posts here discussing the OP2, so I'm not gonna make any assumptions about it right now. :p

As for CyanogenOS and OxygenOS, well, the first is slowly degrading thanks to the weird ideals of Cyanogen's ego-heavy CEO and the latter is a promising proposal but is severly lacking in features and development is slow. If you're interested in ROMs available for the OPO, you should look into the excellent range of community developed ROMs like Vanir-Exodus, Ressurection Remix, Vanir-Commotio, CyanHacker, Carbon, etc. etc. etc.

As for your final question, the phone that have come out this year haven't been particularly revolutionary. So the OPO, despite its age, is still standing strong with its good performance and low price. All things considered if someone were to ask me what phone I would like to own, I'd still say OPO, simply because I haven't noticed anything that beats its design, community, flexibility and value...

Welcome to the forums, hope you have a good time. :)

streethobomax and Takendown like this.
  18. Hjalpmovie
    Gingerbread May 15, 2015

Hjalpmovie , May 15, 2015 :
    My favorite features are double tap to wake.

New phones might seem better, but the optimization of the OPO is insane, other phones with Snapdragon 801s and 805s have a hard time to keep up with it. The 810 might be a little bit faster though.

Only problem that I can think of is that there's no problem.

WolfpackN64 and streethobomax like this.
  19. menacho.eulogio
    Lollipop May 15, 2015

20. AntMunny
    KitKat May 17, 2015