20.0%
  4. I don't care

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. hashtagabdul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 17, 2016

hashtagabdul , Oct 17, 2016 :
    Hey y'all,

Some of you might remember me from back in the OnePlus One days. I've been away from the forum for a while and now I'm back because I need your help.

I've been reviewing phone for a while one my website (technomaple), that means I've been going through phones like crazy of the past 2 years-ish. Now, I'm trying to settle for one primary phone and I can't decide between the OnePlus 3 and the Pixel or the Pixel XL.

The one thing I don't like about the pixels are the price points. TBH the OnePlus 3 is so much more affordable to me. With that being said, I'm really loving the Pixel phones and I have a soft spot in my heart for Google Phones. I've owned every single nexus thus far.

So anyway, hi again and please help :)

Really hope some of you old members are still on here lol

Update:

Thank you everyone for your help. I JUST ordered the OP3

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016

volteon, gaster and Salt505 like this.
  2. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 17, 2016

Tobikage , Oct 17, 2016 :
    The question you should be asking yourself is if the Pixels are potentially worth twice the price of a OP3 and what they offer for that hefty price tag.

Google still has NOT made any promises of support beyond 2 years.
    The Nexus 6 which is now at EOL has been confirmed to get the 7.1.x update or the Beta atleast for now.
    The sales for the 6P and 5X have already been suspended on Google Store....so not a good sign IMO.

So comparatively faster updates...but no longevity in support either (compared to their target which is the iPhone) or compared to other flagship devices from other Android manufacturers who also provide similar of not the same amount of software support.

Now after sales / hardware support is another question.

I'd gamble on the OP3 instead of the Pixels though.

gaster, theshinybeast and Wahoux like this.
  3. hashtagabdul

You're totally on point about the support issue. That's actually one thing I worry about the OP3 as I did have a not too pleasant experience with OP support. Also, in Canada there's 1 year manufacture warranty for the OP and there's options to buy extra warranty if need be. Google has similar options as well.

4. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 17, 2016

Tobikage , Oct 17, 2016 :
    Google Phone or not , I just don't think the Pixels offer anything at all to justify the price though.

But for the price they're asking , the OP3 is worth it IMO.

Support is still not the best or close to where I expect it to be , but it's much improved from the OPO days.

hashtagabdul likes this.
  5. hogwarts1982

hogwarts1982 , Oct 17, 2016 :
    @abdul.albasith Except for the camera and better software(faster bug fixes) I don't think Pixel is likely to be better than Oneplus 3 in any other area. Battery life will be the same more or less. Even I am looking out for a new phone after selling my iphone 6s(16 Gb). I had hoped to buy Pixel but in India it would cost around $900 for the 32gb variant which is not justified whichever way you look at it. I have ordered Oneplus 3 today(I have been a OPO user). But till I receive it I will keep having thoughts of other viable alternatives to OP3.

hashtagabdul and Tobikage like this.
  6. hashtagabdul

You're right..the price is impossible to justify. You just really gotta love the phone to spend that much on it or be a millionaire

Tobikage likes this.
  7. hashtagabdul

So far the battery on the OP3 has been pretty decent, it's no OPO but it's up there which I like. The camera on the OP3 IMO is lacking but I can deal with that... I think I'm leaning towards a OP3 more.

8. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 17, 2016

SimonRam , Oct 17, 2016 :
    My OP3 beats my old OP1hands down for battery life

KforHorizon likes this.
  9. hashtagabdul

Really? Now that's a little surprising to me.

10. hogwarts1982

hogwarts1982 , Oct 17, 2016 :
    I second that. OPO was a beast in terms of battery life. I had 60-70% battery left when I went home after work.

hashtagabdul likes this.
  11. hashtagabdul

Yeah I constantly got 5-6 hours screen on time and once even hit 8 hours with like 2 days of battery.

12. mrhappysad

mrhappysad , Oct 17, 2016 :
    I'm also using the OPO right now and waited for Google to make their final unveiling of their new phones. I was disappointed on the aesthetics of the Pixel. With the hefty price tag, it lacks the wow factor for me. It seems all one's paying is the name and the OS. I went ahead and purchased the OP3 a week ago. Awaiting for shipment.

13. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 17, 2016

Nah, definitely better with op3. Especially on Pokemon go

KforHorizon likes this.
  14. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 17, 2016

It's a good choice once you get it.

15. SlippySlickShot
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2016

16. Jamal751
    Honeycomb Oct 17, 2016

Jamal751 , Oct 17, 2016 :
    You are asking this question on the oneplus forums, I wouldn't think this would be the best place to get a fair view on both phones :) In my opinion it's oneplus 3 all the way

17. hashtagabdul
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 18, 2016

hashtagabdul , Oct 18, 2016 :
    lol I was hoping some people could put away their love for the OP3 and look at this objectively :p

18. Tobikage
    Nougat Oct 18, 2016

Tobikage , Oct 18, 2016 :
    Have the OPO , OP2 but using a Nexus 6 here :)

The OP3 just offers more for what it costs than the Pixels ever can for what they're being charged.

Other than OnePlus still untrustworthy aftersales service , there's just no downsides to the OP3. (Maybe the camera according to some people)

hashtagabdul and SimonRam like this.
  19. hogwarts1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 18, 2016

hogwarts1982 , Oct 18, 2016 :
    Moto Z Play should be another good option if you are not too much into gaming. It has a beautiful AMOLED display, insane battery life, decent cameras, very good build quality and stock android. I don't know how much it costs where you are but in India it is $50 cheaper compared to OP3. And Nougat has been promised later this year. Of course you have the Moto Mods which are good but very expensive at present.

20. Jamal751
    Honeycomb Oct 18, 2016

Jamal751 , Oct 18, 2016 :
    Haha I see :) well even thinking objectively I'd say go for the oneplus 3 in my opinion at least

hashtagabdul likes this.