Hello all

1. Carrierwave
    Donut Mar 31, 2021

Carrierwave , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Hello,.

OnePlus 8 arriving today, taken advantage of the Amazon offer at the moment on UK.

Moving from a Nokia 9, great phone, could have been more but unfortunately HMD have a nasty habit of releasing phones but failing to complete development.

Hoping the transition from Stock Android to OnePlus won't be to drastic and that all my apps work with no issues.

Also hoping that OnePlus are more proactive in fixing bugs.

So far seeing the support forums there seems much more activity here than in the Nokia/HMD forum.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  2. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Mar 31, 2021

Bobbie63 , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Hi Carrierwave, welcome to the community. I hope you’ll enjoy your stay and may all your bug be solved.:)

3. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 31, 2021

Mr. BG , Mar 31, 2021 :
    welcome!

Nah, you'll be fine...

Let's say nothing is perfect, and there is no fixing user error bugs..

Bobbie63, Carrierwave and McJader like this.

Bobbie63 and Mr. BG like this.
  5. Mr. BG

Mr. BG , Mar 31, 2021 :
    I do, if you look around these forums you'll see that some people don't have a fogging clue.

McJader and Bobbie63 like this.
  6. Tobikage
    Nougat Mar 31, 2021

Tobikage , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Non Pro / Non T Vanilla OnePlus 8 ?

Bobbie63 likes this.
  7. Carrierwave , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Ha ha ha. luckily I am technically trained and know the value of Google. But yes a lot of faults tend to be operator error 😂

If I say something is broke that's means I haven't fixed it so it's definitely broke 😁

Mr. BG and Bobbie63 like this.
  8. Carrierwave , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 31, 2021 :
    just a 8, I thought £300 new was something to consider. The pro looks good, and I am hoping I won't regret moving from my Nokia 9 which for all it's quirks has a fantastic screen. But after having to factory reset it twice in a week due to what looks like a serious system error I wanted a replacement ready in case. I would have liked to have stayed with Nokia as I like the vanilla Android. But the 8.3 doesn't interest me. And Nokia simply don't sort out camera issues etc.

Tobikage likes this.
  9. Mr. BG

Mr. BG , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Time to Flash a nice custom ROM on that Nokia ;)

McJader and Tobikage like this.
  10. Carrierwave , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 31, 2021 :
    Nokia haven't opened the bootloader and I don't think there are any alternative roms, it's due Android 11 in quarter 2, the biggest issue is Nokia did a tie up with a camera development company who after the Nokia 9 was released pulled. Nokia or should I say HMD simply don't have the development clout or time to resolve issues. A shame as it's a fantastic phone. HMD did the same with the Nokia 8, never sorted out silly software gremlins.

11. rhyd1am
    KitKat Mar 31, 2021

Carrierwave likes this.
  12. Carrierwave
    Donut Apr 10, 2021

Carrierwave , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Hello again. Finally unwrapped the box and set up. Pleased I was able to restore backup of my android phone. Allowed all apps to install and update before allowing the android 11 update. This was dated January and unit wasn't pulling the latest march update so downloaded that manually. Now on latest stable release with march SP. Thoughts so far it works, all my apps are set up and working fine. Haven't yet tried camera. But so far pleased with the speed of the device.

13. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 11, 2021

meatandy , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Welcome to the forum QRr7pgi.png

14. W1618561076715
    Cupcake Apr 16, 2021

Carrierwave likes this.