Hello everyone,i am jinjin from ShenZhen OnePlus HQ.Let's discuss nord's camera together!

1. Shivangitomar
    Donut Aug 6, 2020

Shivangitomar , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 6, 2020 :

manikandanramj

Hi jinjin,

Nice to see you, I am seeing issue, after taking a snap it is taking 10-15s for image to display properly till than image is blur, this issue is consistent everytime.

Not seen this issue when I was using oneplus 6.

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks!
    Manikandan.​

exactly.. same problem with my device.. image quality gets compromised.. after 10-15 sec.. its like i am focusing then its clear but as soon as i click it gets blurry

2. Sharon W.
    OnePlus User Ambassador Staff Member Aug 6, 2020

deep0611, Girish.Pranav and Batman360 like this.
  3. Sharon W.
    OnePlus User Ambassador Staff Member Aug 6, 2020

Sharon W. , Aug 6, 2020 :
    okay.thanks too much.:p

deep0611, Girish.Pranav and Batman360 like this.
  4. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2020

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Welcome to the community @Sharon W.

OnePlus nord imaging needs proper customization.

Front camera:

Pictures are usually fine but don't know why it brightens up the face too much. And many times, the pictures are soft. The portrait pics are really messed up. The image processing needs to be improved as the software doesn't blur the background properly. Even my face corners get blurred.

Ultrawide camera is just fine. Color accuracy needs improvement and detail levels too.

Back camera:

48mp main shooter loses too much details and colour accuracy is fine but not good. Needs some grooming. The pictures looks like painting. Too much noise. Really toooo much. Very poor looking shots. How can you all compare this camera with that of OnePlus 8.

Ultrawide shots are disastrous. They look really shaken up lacking too much details and very poor color reproduction.

Why not implementing macro from the ultrawide lens itself. No point showing your ego on taking macro from that useless 2mp camera. It's better, leave that 2mp camera now, and take pics from ultrawide sensor itself. Atleast the pics will be of some use.

I don't know how that depth sensor is of any use. Does it really work.

I have stopped using my nord for some time till the software is fixed. Many bugs on the Nord. Till then, I'll keep messaging from my OnePlus 7.

5. Saurabh9555
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

6. DarshanMeniya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2020

7. Alpha_Noah
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

Dns18 likes this.
  8. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Aug 6, 2020

Batman360 likes this.
  9. King from North
    Froyo Aug 6, 2020

10. S1576861765849
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

11. W1596517770961
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

12. SujayBK , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Aug 6, 2020 :
    1596786113490.jpg

1596786113774.jpg

Thanks for hearing from the users! @Sharon W.

I've been using OP Nord for the past two days and I purchased the phone only for the camera that I was promised. I'm highly satisfied with the ability of the cameras but I believe it's not using the full potential.

In these photos I've attached above, there seems to be a problem of focussing. The auto focus can not detect the object just in front whereas it detects something that is in the background. Even after lot of tries I could not manage to focus the background. Macro photography is definitely not meant in Nord.

You should disown the macro camera lens through OTA update and let us click macro photos through introduction of a macro mode via Ultra wide camera. You guys have it in OP 7T, it detects and switches to macro mode automatically
    Kindly do some tweaking with Macro mode.

Some more suggestions here,

1. The processing needs to be fast, it's taking bit time after clicking the snap.
    2. Photos clicked are good enough but when we zoom in, grains break out and the photo looks shabby.
    3. Photography in low light is worst as of now, definitely update is needed here.
    4. The selfie photos are giving a sense of reddish tinge on my face post processing that is completely unnatural.
    5. I don't see any sense why was the 2MP macro camera was needed, you could have let us click macro shots with ultra wide camera. If you could do that with an OTA update, users would be more than happy not using the macro camera.

Thank you!
    Hope you're doing fine amidst the pandemic.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

13. J1596619681683
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

J1596619681683 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I have bought a new phone one plus nord online n my phone got freezed after every one hour n its not working properly I don't think so this phone is good I'm facing a problem

14. Swatiranjan
    KitKat Aug 6, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Hello Jinjin @Sharon W. , welcome to the community, Hope you have a wonderful time.
    We'll share the issues along with our suggestion in due course of time.
    You'll have a flood of messages regarding Camera.
    I hope you have checked the recent thread by @Fleming F. regarding creative design challenge of NORD. You'll get lots of suggestions & creativities ( Mostly Camera).

Amanda W. likes this.

Sreenath Jarang and SurajMungi like this.
  16. Lokesh Dutta
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2020

Amanda W. and DarshanMeniya like this.
  18. Maruf_Reza , via OnePlus 6 Midnight Black , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Hello Jinjin,

Welcome to the community. Anyway....

My friend from India using the nord. I want to buy one for my wife. Although the main camera is good at this price. But ultrawide camera performance in low light is not so good. And macro camera is not a camera at all. It's a rubbish. Selfie cameras performance in low lighting condition is also not satisfing.

Aslam S Inamdar likes this.
  19. VishalSah22
    Honeycomb Aug 6, 2020

VishalSah22 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Is anyone here to listen us? OnePlus 8 users? Why is no one talking about the trash that got shipped with this perfect phone? Why such camera?