Hello everyone,i am jinjin from ShenZhen OnePlus HQ.Let's discuss nord's camera together!

1. aquib7
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

2. WARLOCKPAIN
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

3. harshaljha , via OnePlus Nord Blue Marble , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Hey there.
    I am new to the OnePlus family.I have very high hopes from OnePlus.I had pre-booked My NORD(8/128) on 28th July and received it on 3rd August.So far so good.I strongly believe that there is alot to learn about this beautiful device Kindly guide me on this awesome adventure.

4. vldt
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

vldt , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I've only used budget phones until now, but the main camera is by far the best I've used, and it is indeed really good by most standards (considering social media compression).

But then, the macro camera is completely useless, since the main camera is just as good if you zoom in on the result.
    The ultrawide, at least in my case, is incredibly different from the main. I zoom out and the colors of my red blanket turn from orange (?) to purple (?). The quality is also worse, but not by too much.
    The depth sensor is... completely pointless. Software nowadays is better than a cheap dedicated sensor anyway.

The front cameras, on the other hand, are both decent, with consistent quality. And the background blur is great, which is why I question the existence of the depth sensor.

I don't film much, but the OIS and super stable mode are timesavers; as opposed to waiting for Google Photos to stabilise the video afterwards.

Kai Wang. likes this.
  5. Pete Simspon
    Froyo Aug 6, 2020

Pete Simspon , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I got the oneplus nord on pre order but have already returned the device as the camera was so poor. Photos we washed out low colour and not true to natural colours my oneplus 6 took lot better photos....so will stick with my 6 for now.....very disappointed with the nord

6. malidan
    Nougat Aug 6, 2020

malidan , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I didn't troll the thread i just stating a fact, if I have to tag a Mod they have work to do.😂😂😂
    This phone broke, I haven't seen the others to break.
    This one also has the signature OP screen issue.
    Three updates before the phone officially goes on sale is ridiculous, the obligatory software masking is in operation.

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  7. ChrisLayton9
    Eclair Aug 6, 2020

ChrisLayton9 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Lots of threads around the camera already exist and it certainly looks to be something which needs addressing asap as many customers have posted about returning their Nord.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/shocking-camera-on-the-nord.1267118/

I am experiencing the same issues as most have posted in here already
    - colours washed out on all images from front and back cameras
    - significant delay between shutter click and and image being captured, meaning images normally blurred
    - seems the software is doing too much on most images, giving them a pastel painting effect with much of the detail being lost, images actually have all the detail in the preview before clicking to take the photo so not sure how the software is doing so badly when trying to optimise the image

I have no doubt the camera on my OnePlus 6 at this moment is better but hopefully these issues can be ironed out as once they are I think this has the potential to be a great device.

Chris

8. SSCharan
    Eclair Aug 7, 2020

SSCharan , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Please inform your OnePlus 8 pro camera department colleague to improve low light camera performance of the cameras. The front camera is clicking all blurry photos with cheapest quality. A bunch of 8pro users are facing this issue. We invested our hard earned money in buying this mobile. Please don't lose the customer trust. I am a fan of OnePlus and sorry to say this. Please for god's sake fix this issue. Thank you.

9. Deepakmudaraddi
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2020

10. TheGadgetGirl
    The Lab - OnePlus 8T Reviewer Aug 7, 2020

TheGadgetGirl , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Hey, JinJin. Thank you for this initiative. Will post about my woes. So far things seem good.

11. rajshah2412
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2020

rajshah2412 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Hello @Sharon W.
    Welcome to the Community. Glad to have you here.
    Nice initiative of hearing out all the problems and issues faced when using the OnePlus Nord's Camera.

Amanda W. likes this.
  12. razzor228
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 7, 2020

Amanda W. likes this.
  13. U1572015277073
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

U1572015277073 , Aug 7, 2020 :
    I purchased pre book Nord by yesterday (6/8/2020). I am very disappointed by it's camera, Nord click worse pictures as compare to 6t. You should do amendmet in Nord camera...it's totally show that one plus made befool to their users.

14. Optimus_Prime_07
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2020

15. neerajmegotia
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

16. DVlucifer
    Eclair Aug 7, 2020

DVlucifer , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Yes sir, there seems to be issue with the marco lense which is unable to focus properly. Moreover the overall image processing does make the image a bit softer and brighter which tends to differ from the original object saturation

17. Yogesh1438
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

18. Shanol_joseph
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

Shanol_joseph , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 7, 2020 :
    I feel OnePlus 6 had better camera than Nord..Nord camera has grains and no quality at low light..I don't know Why there is color difference when Switched to Wider angle compared to Regular shots..Please check into it..

19. Rayees_hassan
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

20. C1595918489439
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

C1595918489439 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 7, 2020 :
    selfie camera is good
    but back camera needs some improvement it does not feel like 48MP camera photo

it does take better click on night mode needs some improvement

Attached Files: